Problem with Mix Channels

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
holocule

21 Aug 2017

Hi i have encountered a slight issue with mix channels, as they only show on the sequencer if they have an instrument in them, but i want to use one to write a midi note sequence for an output for another channel... how is this possible please?

Ahornberg

21 Aug 2017

holocule wrote:
21 Aug 2017
Hi i have encountered a slight issue with mix channels, as they only show on the sequencer if they have an instrument in them, but i want to use one to write a midi note sequence for an output for another channel... how is this possible please?
You can only write MIDI notes on a channel that belongs to an instrument.
If you want to send the same MIDI notes to more than 1 instrument, use a Combinator.

holocule

21 Aug 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
21 Aug 2017
holocule wrote:
21 Aug 2017
If you want to send the same MIDI notes to more than 1 instrument, use a Combinator.
hi thanks, but i would like to use the same instrument, just different audio outputs, from the kontakt, so a s to use a midi keyboard, for the different instruments in the kontakt mixer...?

Ahornberg

21 Aug 2017

holocule wrote:
21 Aug 2017
Ahornberg wrote:
21 Aug 2017

hi thanks, but i would like to use the same instrument, just different audio outputs, from the kontakt, so a s to use a midi keyboard, for the different instruments in the kontakt mixer...?
You only can use MIDI channel 1 in Kontakt. If you load more than 1 instrument into Kontakt, set all to MIDI channel 1.

holocule

21 Aug 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
21 Aug 2017
holocule wrote:
21 Aug 2017

You only can use MIDI channel 1 in Kontakt. If you load more than 1 instrument into Kontakt, set all to MIDI channel 1.
cool cheers, that dawned on me after a bit of tinkering :)

• Information