Separation of Pads and Keyboard

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jdilla1255

19 Aug 2017

Hey Reason Peeps,

This is probably a question that has been asked a million times, but for some reason I can't find it anywhere. Perhaps not using the proper keywords. Also kind of a Reason noob so pardon any ineptitude. Here goes:

I have a a Nektar LX25+. It has 25 keys and 8 pads. In a live settings I'd like to map the pads to a Kong and use the keyboard to play a different instrument, say a Thor or VST. There has to be a way to do this. I believe I could create a combinator and map regions to the keyboard and change midi cc's to something different with the pads, but that seems like more work. It'd be awesome if there was a way to quickly separate pads and keyboard on the fly. Any thoughts? I really appreciate any help and sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere.

Goriila Texas

19 Aug 2017

Use the combinator and set key zones,but I'm not familiar with Nektar on how you separate the pads from keys.

esefelipe

20 Aug 2017

You'll have to do some configuring on the Impact itself. The default settings for the Impact have the pads sending MIDI notes on the global channel. Read through the Impact manual and you'll see how you can customize what each pad sends, and what channel it sends on.

Or as Goriila suggests, use a Combi to split keyboard zones. That could work well if the default pad notes are in the lowest octave.

• Information