Reason now not picking up my midi keyboard.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
craste

19 Aug 2017

Can anybody help?

Today reason didn't pick up my Evolution MK-2225c midi keyboard.
I looked in Device manager and the keyboard was showing but not listed as midi (can't remember what it was now)
So I uninstalled the driver for the keyboard and then when i plugged the USB keyboard back in, windows 10 found it and installed the driver OK and it was listed as MK-225C midi correctly in the device manager - so no issues.

But then I go into reason and select control surfaces its not picking up the MIDI device. Its only showing Delta AP MIDI (which is my sound card)

I uninstalled reason and re-installed but when I went into preferences it must of kept a file on the system as it remembered my template song etc and still doesn't pick up the midi keyboard.

Is there a work around for this - do I have to uninstall reason again and is there a file left somewhere I need to delete so Reason forgets it was ever on my machine?

Its as if Reason is not checking to see the MIDI controller is now set up correctly and just reverting back to its history so to speak.

Any help gratefully accepted.

craste

19 Aug 2017

I just tried uninstalling Reason and then deleting the Propellorhead folder from the program files directory and then re-installing.

There must be a registry thing whats playing up as its still remembering my template tracks etc. and still can't see the midi controller.

Anyone have any ideas before I have to re-install windows?

Ahornberg

19 Aug 2017

Do you have another DAW installed and does this DAW find your MIDI keyboard?

craste

19 Aug 2017

I installed the demo version of Reason onto my laptop and the USB keyboard worked on there.

Just now not on my PC

Ahornberg

19 Aug 2017

craste wrote:
19 Aug 2017
I installed the demo version of Reason onto my laptop and the USB keyboard worked on there.

Just now not on my PC
I would try installing Reaper to check if the keyboard works here.
If it works in another DAW it's more probably a problem with Reason.
If it doesn't work in another DAW it's more probably a Windows-driver problem.

Loque

19 Aug 2017

You can try to manually select the keyboard.
Reason12, Win10

craste

19 Aug 2017

Yes I might try a demo of reaper or some other daw then.
Thanks for the help guys,

craste

19 Aug 2017

Loque wrote:
19 Aug 2017
You can try to manually select the keyboard.
Yes I've tried it manually but no good.

craste

20 Aug 2017

Yesterday I uninstalled the keyboard in device manager and then plugged it in and then Windows reinstalled the driver.
This still didn't work, so this mornng before I decided to wipe Windows clean I just thought lets go to the Maudio website and download the latest Legacy drivers for it (as Evolution Keyboards were purchased by MAudio) I got the Windows 7 Drivers and when I installed them it gave me the option to repair, so I did that, and Reason now finds the Midi keyboard! hey Hey - so it was a Windows problem and I'm disgusted with myself for not trying to re-install the driver from the Maudio site sooner!

Thanks to those who replied anyway, I can now spend my Sunday on Reason having fun rather than reinstalling Windows - Yawn!

Cheers guys!

Ahornberg

20 Aug 2017

craste wrote:
20 Aug 2017
Yesterday I uninstalled the keyboard in device manager and then plugged it in and then Windows reinstalled the driver.
This still didn't work, so this mornng before I decided to wipe Windows clean I just thought lets go to the Maudio website and download the latest Legacy drivers for it (as Evolution Keyboards were purchased by MAudio) I got the Windows 7 Drivers and when I installed them it gave me the option to repair, so I did that, and Reason now finds the Midi keyboard! hey Hey - so it was a Windows problem and I'm disgusted with myself for not trying to re-install the driver from the Maudio site sooner!

Thanks to those who replied anyway, I can now spend my Sunday on Reason having fun rather than reinstalling Windows - Yawn!

Cheers guys!
Glad to hear that :thumbs_up:

• Information