Reason 9.5.1 won't start anymore... :(

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
raymondh

19 Aug 2017

Skybot wrote:
19 Aug 2017
Today i would play a bit with Reason 9.5.1 again but it won't start anymore.

I double click on the desktop icon and the little window with the Reason logo and build number pops up and switches after a few seconds to the login window as usual. I click on Demo (because i don't have a full licence anymore) and the little window with the Reason logo and build number pops up again, and that's it... this window stays forever, no error messages or else.

It's a fresh install of the Reason 9.5.1 demo version and my system doesn't change since the last time i had the full version of Reason 9.5.1 installed and i never had a problem with it.

I wanted to order a full licence again next month and play a bit with the 30 days demo for so long but now i'm shocked that Reason is not running anymore on my computer. All my other software works as usual without any problems. I'm on Win 10 Pro 64Bit.

Do you have any ideas?
I would suggest emailing Propellerhead Support. I've used them a couple of times before and always found them very helpful.

The only thing I can think of, is it it busy downloading the soundbanks for the first time from Propellerhead''s site? I'm not sure how long you are waiting before aborting the process but depending on your internet speed, that might take a few hours.

Ahornberg

20 Aug 2017

Skybot wrote:
20 Aug 2017
Ok forget what i wrote above. It doesn't work!

You can install the Reloop ASIO Driver anywhere on your HD, Reason won't start as long as the driver is installed or active. It worked only because the Driver was not recognized anymore after i renamed the folder.

The only solution is, if you want to use Reason, move the Reloop ASIO Driver folder to another location, for e.g. Desktop, or rename it, but than Serato DJ Intro will not work anymore because it doesn't recognize the controller anymore, if you want to use Serato DJ Intro, move the folder back to it's origin place or rename it back to the origin name.

Propellerhead needs to look at this, only Reason have that problem.
So it's the best to contact PH ;)

• Information