Editing chords question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
elMisse

18 Aug 2017

What would be your best strategies to edit and audition whole chords and chordprogressions FAST? I see there are some shortcuts for this without having to use/move locators in Ableton f.ex. (command+space etc)

Gorgon

18 Aug 2017

elMisse wrote:
18 Aug 2017
What would be your best strategies to edit and audition whole chords and chordprogressions FAST? I see there are some shortcuts for this without having to use/move locators in Ableton f.ex. (command+space etc)
The Chord Player?
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

elMisse

19 Aug 2017

I mean when you are in edit mode and move the notes up and down, it would be fantastic if I heard the whole chords and not just the note... somehow. Maybe there is a way to do this? (other than selecting all the notes of the chord every single time...) :)

Ahornberg

19 Aug 2017

elMisse wrote:
19 Aug 2017
I mean when you are in edit mode and move the notes up and down, it would be fantastic if I heard the whole chords and not just the note... somehow. Maybe there is a way to do this? (other than selecting all the notes of the chord every single time...) :)
Select all notes of that chord and press "P" - now you are in loop mode an now you can change one note and listen to the result periodically. Most of the time I do note edits on a running loop and it works fine for me.

elMisse

20 Aug 2017

Yes! Pretty useful. Didn't know about this.

• Information