Double sound error with Reason 9.5 and Saffire Pro 40

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tonileigh303

26 Jul 2017

Hello :-)

Hope everyone is well,

I'm a long time Reason user, but new to hardware, so I've got some synths and a Saffire Pro40 hardware sound card.

I've got it all wired up, using Reason's audio interface and audio tracks - it's all linked up and I can record audio and access some of the effects (my main goals)

But for some reason the audio doubles up when I set it off. I have the 'enable monitoring' buttons pushed per track as I seem to need that to route things through the effects, but as soon as I do that I get double audio.

Is this some setting in Reason that I have wrong?

raymondh

26 Jul 2017

tonileigh303 wrote:
26 Jul 2017
Hello :-)

Hope everyone is well,

I'm a long time Reason user, but new to hardware, so I've got some synths and a Saffire Pro40 hardware sound card.

I've got it all wired up, using Reason's audio interface and audio tracks - it's all linked up and I can record audio and access some of the effects (my main goals)

But for some reason the audio doubles up when I set it off. I have the 'enable monitoring' buttons pushed per track as I seem to need that to route things through the effects, but as soon as I do that I get double audio.

Is this some setting in Reason that I have wrong?

You need to disable direct monitoring on the audio interface.
Otherwise the synth audio is being routed from the synth straight through to you your speakers, as well as also being routed thru the audio track (and fx) in Reason.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

28 Jul 2017

Open up Saffire Mix Control and mute the tracks your synths are coming through. I've got all my physical inputs muted and just monitor through Reason as needed.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

• Information