Where to find 'All instrument Patches' in Factory Sounds?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
soroc sosta

23 Jul 2017

Hello Guys and Gals

I'm in the middle of a tutorial that is telling me to go for a sound in the 'All instrument Patches' (the instructor is using R7).
I see there a folder for 'All Effects Folder' but no 'All Instrument Patches' folder.
Does anyone know if it has been moved or removed? Responses are appreciated.

TAZ
Attachments
allinstrumentspatches.JPG
allinstrumentspatches.JPG (56.5 KiB) Viewed 1761 times

WongoTheSane

23 Jul 2017

It has been merged with Reason 9's new sounds. You can now find them in "Reason 9 Sounds", sorted by type.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2017

Another option is to

1) Create a new favourite list "All Instrument Sounds"
2) With "Reason 9 Sounds" selected, type . (that's just a DOT only) in the search.
You now have a list of all patches
3) select any patch just by a single left click, then hold Crlt + a, this selects all the patches.
4) Drag the results over to the new "All Instrument Sounds"

*Power Tip: I do have refills that I don't use much on a slow drive, I have created search results for them using the above method so access to them is now really fast and you can also apply a new search to that list... Hmm maybe I will do a quick tip tutorial on that one...
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (86.85 KiB) Viewed 1710 times

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CephaloPod

23 Jul 2017

Thank you, Carly. I didn't even know you could save search results as favorites.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

soroc sosta

23 Jul 2017

Thanks for the responses, guys!

Very helpful ideas, Carly(Poohbear)! Will get to organizing...again! :)

TAZ

soroc sosta

23 Jul 2017

TY Sir!
WongoTheSane wrote:
23 Jul 2017
It has been merged with Reason 9's new sounds. You can now find them in "Reason 9 Sounds", sorted by type.

boggg1

23 Jul 2017

I tried your suggested method Carly (Poohbear), mainly to improve my understanding of how search works. But I found a few patches missing from "All Instrument Sounds". "777.cmb" is one easily found example. I tried searching using other search terms (such as "777" or ".cmb" each of which returns far fewer patches) and there was the patch in the list. My theory is that there is a limit to the number of patches which can be returned by a search, perhaps 256 (guessing). And there are an awful lot of patches in "Reason 9 Sounds". It doesn't alter one bit the theory of what you said and thanks for the tip. Just take care you might run out of slots. There is also no warning that some patches are missing.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refillpacker: :rt:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2017

boggg1 wrote:
23 Jul 2017
I tried your suggested method Carly (Poohbear), mainly to improve my understanding of how search works. But I found a few patches missing from "All Instrument Sounds". "777.cmb" is one easily found example. I tried searching using other search terms (such as "777" or ".cmb" each of which returns far fewer patches) and there was the patch in the list. My theory is that there is a limit to the number of patches which can be returned by a search, perhaps 256 (guessing). And there are an awful lot of patches in "Reason 9 Sounds". It doesn't alter one bit the theory of what you said and thanks for the tip. Just take care you might run out of slots. There is also no warning that some patches are missing.
Thanks for the heads up.

Did a bit of research, there is a 2000 search limit, must have been that the searches I have done before have been quite a bit smaller..

Could not find a registry or anything to change that. I will raise a support call to see if there is away around it...

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players

RandyEspoda

24 Jul 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
23 Jul 2017
boggg1 wrote:
23 Jul 2017
Thanks for the heads up.

Did a bit of research, there is a 2000 search limit, must have been that the searches I have done before have been quite a bit smaller..

Could not find a registry or anything to change that. I will raise a support call to see if there is away around it...

PoohBear

(Electronic) Solar Dance
You can just go one folder deeper, then do the search for each folder.

There are 13 folders in the 'Reason 9 Sounds' refill.
You need to do the search on each of the 13 folders, and drag the results each time into your favorites list.

Bit more work but that way you'll have them all.

• Information