Give Propellerhead Time to Fix the CPU Issues

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mrbrownbag

16 Jul 2017

Okay this update has been out not long. I think some of the reason users need to give them time to fix the issues. So many vst's out and this is new for them. How long did it take cubase to fix the cpu spikes/disc overload issues. Cubase 7 was a rush job and a bug fest. Studio One 3 (my main daw) cpu performance was horrible until 3.5. I was very close to switching sequencers because of it. Ableton live 8 was horrible. Crash out the wazoo.That's why I had to switch. Since then they were smart to switch to agile development like NI.

Point is I feel they deserve more time to fix the issues with introducing vst's in reason. They did a good job over the years with a reputation of maintaining a daw that was stable. Go try Digital performer 9 on windows and then you be glad you have propellerhead software on your computer lol.

Ostermilk

16 Jul 2017

Sadly it's a big bad competitive world out there and a product has to compete in a market full of strong rivals whether it user base is patient and brand loyal or not. Another thing is that it is not fair to expect people to show loyalty to a product when the real investment that they make is when they put time and money into owning it.

So sentiment like this although very likely well-intended isn't going to make much difference. Happy customers will remain happy and those having difficulties wiil likely move on if they don't get satisfaction.

Having said all that though I remain a happy customer and I'm not suffering particular issues since the introduction of VST's on the contrary the only thing that's changed for me is that I have more options with the tools I use. There hasn't been a downside for me. Don't forget either this is a point update which brought capabilities far in excess of what I'd hoped for when I upgraded to R9.

Those that are suffering from specific issues though have every right to expect those issues to be resolved in a reasonable time frame after making a significant purchase.

From what I've seen so far though in the short time since VST's were launched, we've already seen a hyperthreading option introduced in the short-term and I have no doubt that further general performance improvements are bound to happen in the longer term.

In short I'm not seeing a particular crisis that needs urgent resolve where people need a call to take the vendors into special consideration, everything looks like business as usual to me, and this latest version is a fantastic progression from the last already.

AttenuationHz

16 Jul 2017

I completely agree on both posts. I don't have any issues and the issues I have had have nothing to do with reason. I don't see many complaining though!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

ProfessaKaos

17 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
16 Jul 2017
I completely agree on both posts. I don't have any issues and the issues I have had have nothing to do with reason. I don't see many complaining though!
Yeah my issues aren't wit Reason, they are with me buying to many plugins and wondering why I can jam one of everything in the mix.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

ltbrunt00

21 Jul 2017

I am just happy to have VST. Now five years from now if we are having some of the same issues then it will be something to complain about. I have had VST issues in every DAW I have used.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Loque

21 Jul 2017

I never had no VST issues. I contact some devs of free VSTs and told them about some bugs, how to reproduce and what the main cause may be. I got always the same answers "it must be related to Reason"...Lol, its like "it works on my machine, so it must work everywhere". Guess some devs never expected that parameters can be higher than 127 (add CV, LFOs and knob turning, and you get what i mean....) and are of poor coding skills.

After seeing what ReSpire had released in first instance, tested some VSTs, saw bug-lists of VSTs, i still think, there are a lot of companies and devs that work way worse than PH. But no reason to sit down and to not move on...Quality is a major NFR and hardly related to the companies reputation (sorry, Reveal Sound!).
Reason12, Win10

Goriila Texas

21 Jul 2017

Problems might be windows 10 too because I'm on windows 8 and don't have any issues with vst in Reason.

4filegate

21 Jul 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:
21 Jul 2017
Problems might be windows 10 too because I'm on windows 8 and don't have any issues with vst in Reason.
Check which version of DirectX is installed?
The dxdiag tool reports detailed information about the DirectX components and drivers installed on your (OS) system, if I am not mistaken.

MMcC83

24 Jul 2017

I just updated to Sierra and now Reason seems unusable.

Hauser+Quaid

24 Jul 2017

MMcC83 wrote:
24 Jul 2017
I just updated to Sierra and now Reason seems unusable.
Just curious, what were you on before? Did you do a clean install or just a regular upgrade?

vondersulzburg

25 Jul 2017

I am on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 on a MacBook Air 256SSD I5 8Gb RAM and do have not any problems with Reason 9.5.1.

I using a 128 gb usb Stick and a 128 gb SD-Card for ssd expansion. Mainly loops, songs, and RE on it.
MacBook Air 512GB SSD 16GB RAM, Reason 11 Suite, LogicProX, FL-Studio, Live10Suite

tumar

25 Jul 2017

vondersulzburg wrote:
25 Jul 2017
I am on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 on a MacBook Air 256SSD I5 8Gb RAM and do have not any problems with Reason 9.5.1.

I using a 128 gb usb Stick and a 128 gb SD-Card for ssd expansion. Mainly loops, songs, and RE on it.
Talking from experience: retina is troublemaker here.

• Information