Is it possible to get back to 8.4?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
AJ_3000
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2017

Is it possible to get back to 8.4?

am not new to VSTs having used both Cubase & Live for years . Now 9.5 is on the project i was working on worked ok, but now it's Computer to Slow every two seconds . I have optimized everything afaik, reducing polyphony (in fact disabled half my combis or more) adjusted down rate / up buffer, don't have any of the VSTs boxes ticked in preferences , just cannot get it running .

please can someone help direct me, as I have just about given up looking without success everywhere I can think .

AttenuationHz

12 Jul 2017

Not possible to get back to 8.4 as there is no 8.4 version 8.3.2 on the other hand should be still installed on your system if you have the licence for it you can install it and have both versions installed and running. Specs? You have not said if you are using 9.5.1 which lets you enable or disable Hyper Threading. Without knowing anything about your system or the song you're working on it will be extremely hard to guess solutions for you.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

madmacman

13 Jul 2017

And: downgrade only for new projects! It's impossible to load 9.x project files back into Reason 8.x.

Oquasec

13 Jul 2017

Recently got into Cubase this year myself after overlooking it. It's sheet music view is amazing. [Cubase AI]
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

jonheal

13 Jul 2017

I found the link to the full installer for 8.

https://www.propellerheads.se/download/reason8/
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Gorgon

13 Jul 2017

Oquasec wrote:
13 Jul 2017
Recently got into Cubase this year myself after overlooking it. It's sheet music view is amazing. [Cubase AI]
Sometimes I think this guy is a bot.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

madmacman

13 Jul 2017

Gorgon wrote:
13 Jul 2017
Oquasec wrote:
13 Jul 2017
Sometimes I think this guy is a bot.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. It's time to inaugurate my ReasonTalk killfile.

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2017

Thanks for the replies - sorry not to have responded. I retired to a darkened room after deciding a hobby should not be giving anyone that much stress and aggravation . My ReSpire demo expired, so the project bringing my computer to a halt went into semi-retirement, until it's offered it for sale close to the introductory price, which somehow I missed.

In my panic I made a crucial mistake when starting this thread ; I would be grateful for advice about the correct etiquette in this case . I should have said get 'back to 9.4' or 'the previous edition to 9.5'? Do I amend the title (if it's possible). I apologize for wasting people 's time answering my original question - however it was interesting to know my version 8 install is still available , if I need to the visit earlier projects .

I would now say I would miss R9 very much , though I confess I dragged my heels only adopting R9 when it appeared on Amazon at a ridiculously cheaper price . I was delighted to discover the joy that the new players brought to the game , then when Rack Extensions began uploading Wave file I was further convinced I was right moving forward to R9. I do see the whole VST implementation as a excellent step (potentially) but it seems some feature or combination within my configuration made the move to 9.5 give me problems .

I accept my original post also must have been frustratingly vague, omitting as it did my system details . Sorry to those who were interested enough to want to offer specific advice . On the other hand , I had decided as I had a self imposed 24hr deadline (until Respire demo went) the way forward at that time was to sidestep potentially lengthy troubleshooting , rather making a tactical retreat (based on my previous R9's Respire SC entry having way higher instrument count but none of the crippling slowing down of R9.5) . I had already reduced polyphony , and followed all the tricks and tips published in the optimizing section of the manual . I had set my preferences to ignore all my VST Folders after the initial slowdown too .

Now, I am going to give 9.5.1 the benefit of the doubt, and see how I get on.

AttenuationHz

22 Jul 2017

AJ_3000 wrote:
22 Jul 2017
Thanks for the replies - sorry not to have responded. I retired to a darkened room after deciding a hobby should not be giving anyone that much stress and aggravation . My ReSpire demo expired, so the project bringing my computer to a halt went into semi-retirement, until it's offered it for sale close to the introductory price, which somehow I missed.

In my panic I made a crucial mistake when starting this thread ; I would be grateful for advice about the correct etiquette in this case . I should have said get 'back to 9.4' or 'the previous edition to 9.5'? Do I amend the title (if it's possible). I apologize for wasting people 's time answering my original question - however it was interesting to know my version 8 install is still available , if I need to the visit earlier projects .

I would now say I would miss R9 very much , though I confess I dragged my heels only adopting R9 when it appeared on Amazon at a ridiculously cheaper price . I was delighted to discover the joy that the new players brought to the game , then when Rack Extensions began uploading Wave file I was further convinced I was right moving forward to R9. I do see the whole VST implementation as a excellent step (potentially) but it seems some feature or combination within my configuration made the move to 9.5 give me problems .

I accept my original post also must have been frustratingly vague, omitting as it did my system details . Sorry to those who were interested enough to want to offer specific advice . On the other hand , I had decided as I had a self imposed 24hr deadline (until Respire demo went) the way forward at that time was to sidestep potentially lengthy troubleshooting , rather making a tactical retreat (based on my previous R9's Respire SC entry having way higher instrument count but none of the crippling slowing down of R9.5) . I had already reduced polyphony , and followed all the tricks and tips published in the optimizing section of the manual . I had set my preferences to ignore all my VST Folders after the initial slowdown too .

Now, I am going to give 9.5.1 the benefit of the doubt, and see how I get on.
No problem at all :D There was no 9.4 either.

https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason/updates
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

ejanuska

24 Jul 2017

Welcome to Software California.
You can upgrade anytime you like.
For the VSTs

• Information