Interview with Ed Gool of Oenkenstein Audio about designing Rumble for Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marco Raaphorst

11 Jul 2017

Ed Gool = Oenkenstein Audio. I know Ed for many years. He’s a Dutch Reason college who also lives in the same place as I do, The Hague. We often meet at the weekly ‘Opuh Koffie’ The Hague. Such a small Reason world it is…

The whole interview can be found at: https://melodiefabriek.com/interviews/i ... in-rumble/

Gorgon

11 Jul 2017

Oenk Oenk Oenk Oenk
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Gorgon

11 Jul 2017

I'm Dutch too btw. :P
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Marco Raaphorst

11 Jul 2017

Gorgon wrote:
11 Jul 2017
I'm Dutch too btw. :P
Gaaf man! Er is ook een NL Reasongroep op Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/6970851 ... 3/?fref=ts

dioxide

11 Jul 2017

Great interview. Ed, if you consider doing an emulation of the Kawai K1 at some point in the future I will be very interested!

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

12 Jul 2017

dioxide wrote:
11 Jul 2017
Great interview. Ed, if you consider doing an emulation of the Kawai K1 at some point in the future I will be very interested!
I really wanted to make a true emulation of the Kawai k1, but using the original samples would lead to legal issues with Kawai jp. Rumble K1 does emulate the operation system of Kawai K1 pretty well. It uses the same naming convention and the range of most of the minimum and maximum values of the knobs and buttons correspond with the original hardware version. I hope that Audio In in an IDT will be possible in future. That might full fill your wish.

CephaloPod

12 Jul 2017

Oenkenstein wrote:
12 Jul 2017
dioxide wrote:
11 Jul 2017
I really wanted to make a true emulation of the Kawai k1, but using the original samples would lead to legal issues with Kawai jp. Rumble K1 does emulate the operation system of Kawai K1 pretty well. It uses the same naming convention and the range of most of the minimum and maximum values of the knobs and buttons correspond with the original hardware version. I hope that Audio In in an IDT will be possible in future. That might full fill your wish.
If you are interested in doing a full emulation of a synth, try doing the Ensoniq SQ-80. There is a free VST (PC only) SQ8L that does this, so maybe the ROM waves can be used by anyone. My SQ-80 currently sits in my closet and doesn't see much action these days, but I would love to see it in the Reason rack.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

eusti

12 Jul 2017

CephaloPod wrote:
12 Jul 2017
If you are interested in doing a full emulation of a synth, try doing the Ensoniq SQ-80. There is a free VST (PC only) SQ8L that does this, so maybe the ROM waves can be used by anyone. My SQ-80 currently sits in my closet and doesn't see much action these days, but I would love to see it in the Reason rack.
ScuzzyEye was working on a RE version of the SQ-80 / ESQ-1... Not sure what ever came of that... :/

D.

• Information