Automation with Massive?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
CYSYS8993

09 Jul 2017

The title says it all.

How do I automate parameters in Massive just as I can with Reason's default plugins?

Raveshaper

09 Jul 2017

This should be possible, sort of, by sending CV signals into the parameters you want to manipulate and draw the automation for the things sending the CV. Like using a Thor rotary to send its knob position out as a signal and drawing clips to move the knob.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2017

if you are talking about clip automation, you click automate on the top of the plugin and click the knob you want to automate and it will appear in the sequencer like it would a RE

Olivier

10 Jul 2017

It is as easy as Aeox says.. Click Automate, click (or move) the parameter, and a lane is created.

GIF.gif
GIF.gif (71.61 KiB) Viewed 1847 times

Automating while recording, by moving a parameter while recording, also just works ( provided you didn't disable "record enable parameter automation" )
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

AttenuationHz

10 Jul 2017

Olivier wrote:
10 Jul 2017
It is as easy as Aeox says.. Click Automate, click (or move) the parameter, and a lane is created.

GIF.gif

Automating while recording, by moving a parameter while recording, also just works ( provided you didn't disable "record enable parameter automation" )
Guessing its down to how it was recorded but how did you stop the sequencer from jumping to the front when the automation lane was created?
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Olivier

10 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
10 Jul 2017
Olivier wrote:
10 Jul 2017

GIF.gif

Guessing its down to how it was recorded but how did you stop the sequencer from jumping to the front when the automation lane was created?
It was at the beginning, the sequencer was neither running or recording, so there was no jumping; only creating the lane.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

AttenuationHz

10 Jul 2017

Olivier wrote:
10 Jul 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
10 Jul 2017

It was at the beginning, the sequencer was neither running or recording, so there was no jumping; only creating the lane.
Ah nice that has been bugging me for so long de-arming for recording stops it. Wish there was a option in preferences for that though!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

CYSYS8993

12 Jul 2017

Olivier wrote:
10 Jul 2017

GIF.gif

Oh my god, how the hell did I not notice that. Thanks!

ejanuska

12 Jul 2017

Olivier wrote:
10 Jul 2017

GIF.gif

Best answer with video ever

• Information