Reason 9.5.1 now available!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
CephaloPod

13 Jul 2017

stevan wrote:
13 Jul 2017
since 9.5.1 I experience a really ugly graphic/gui crackling, after opening a new song or the Reason app itself . The screen is for 500 milliseconds totally defragmented . Looks like a digital Pollock picture ... bad :( How can I go back to 9.5 ? :puf_unhappy:

iMac 10.11 Balance
Whoa. That sounds really bad.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

Ahornberg

15 Jul 2017

Hyperthreading helps a lot!

Reason 8 benchmark song without HT: 8 seconds
Reason 8 benchmark song with HT: 28 seconds :D :D :D :D :D

Data_Shrine

15 Jul 2017

Just tested it once so far, in Rewire, and got pops & cracks right from the start. I disabled hyper-threading and it ran better-ish.

Last Alternative

15 Jul 2017

Thank you, Propellerhead for fixing Reason on Mac! (for me at least)... sux some of you are still having problems. I've been very busy lately but after updating and switching back to normal (high resolution, 128 samples, etc.), there are zero issues. I'm so happy!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Ostermilk

15 Jul 2017

Last Alternative wrote:
15 Jul 2017
Thank you, Propellerhead for fixing Reason on Mac! (for me at least)... sux some of you are still having problems. I've been very busy lately but after updating and switching back to normal (high resolution, 128 samples, etc.), there are zero issues. I'm so happy!
Given the problems you were having that's the best news I've heard all day.

clone

16 Jul 2017

We,l I won't be upgrading anytime soon, this scared me and I'm staying put with 9.5.

aeox
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2017

Last Alternative wrote:
15 Jul 2017
Good to hear that!

stevan

16 Jul 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Jul 2017
stevan wrote:
13 Jul 2017
since 9.5.1 I experience a really ugly graphic/gui crackling, after opening a new song or the Reason app itself . The screen is for 500 milliseconds totally defragmented . Looks like a digital Pollock picture ... bad :( How can I go back to 9.5 ? :puf_unhappy:

iMac 10.11 Balance
You can install 9.5 from here https://www.propellerheads.se/download/reason95/
Nope, if I try downloading 9.5 it's still 9.5.1.

madmacman

16 Jul 2017

stevan wrote:
16 Jul 2017
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Jul 2017

You can install 9.5 from here https://www.propellerheads.se/download/reason95/
It works if you copy the download link from the cited page and replace the "951" by "950":

Here's an example for Mac without Soundbanks:

http://cdn.propellerheads.se/Reason9/Re ... dbanks.dmg

jonheal

16 Jul 2017

One hyperthreading example scenario:

One instance of FM4 (known hog) driven by a PSQ1684. (Release time set fairly high on FM4's Operator envelopes adding to hoggishness.)

Hyperthreading ON: Reason consuming ~58% CPU. (Snap, crackle, pop.)
Hyperthreading OFF: Reason consuming ~22% CPU.

i7-3770; 8GB RAM

I think that since I tend to hook up things serially, I will leave it off in most cases.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

jappe

16 Jul 2017

I think it would be good if HT was disabled by default.
And also, since HT performance is project specific, wouldn't it be great if the HT settings were as well?

Finally, there is some knowledge around what types of projects perform well/bad.
It would be great to have an Automatic option for HT that would analyze the project and set HT on/off based on that (unless the user has forced a HT setting for that specific project)

Last Alternative

16 Jul 2017

After spending more time in Reason since updating, I am still happy to report no audio or dsp issues, however, scrolling around goes very slow and my Apple magic mouse 2 keeps jerking around when I'm drawing beats and notes in the sequencer, no matter how careful I am being. This is not affecting audio but is very unfortunate. It's already time for 9.5.2
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

stevan

18 Jul 2017

madmacman wrote:
16 Jul 2017
stevan wrote:
16 Jul 2017

It works if you copy the download link from the cited page and replace the "951" by "950":

Here's an example for Mac without Soundbanks:

http://cdn.propellerheads.se/Reason9/Re ... dbanks.dmg
OK, it worked ... thanx man :-) I'm now in 9.5 again and the flurry screen problem is gone ... very sad, cause love that new drag'n'drop function ...

stevan

21 Jul 2017

Last Alternative wrote:
16 Jul 2017
After spending more time in Reason since updating, I am still happy to report no audio or dsp issues, however, scrolling around goes very slow and my Apple magic mouse 2 keeps jerking around when I'm drawing beats and notes in the sequencer, no matter how careful I am being. This is not affecting audio but is very unfortunate. It's already time for 9.5.2
maybe the same gui problem I experienced ... something is wrong with the graphic behaviour ... hopefully they iron it out asap :?

EnochLight

21 Jul 2017

Last Alternative wrote:
15 Jul 2017
Awesome; that's great to hear. And despite your mouse/scrolling issue still present, maybe consider updating your rant thread title with "FIXED" to reflect your main issue being addressed?

viewtopic.php?t=7501092
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Last Alternative

23 Jul 2017

Yeah audio issues are gone for me but there's a huge graphics delay when scrolling around anywhere and when drawing notes. It's also taking quite some time to load patches which makes workflow pretty miserable. Very annoying. Just emailed PH. I hope you guys do too.

AttenuationHz

23 Jul 2017

Last Alternative wrote:
23 Jul 2017
Yeah audio issues are gone for me but there's a huge graphics delay when scrolling around anywhere and when drawing notes. It's also taking quite some time to load patches which makes workflow pretty miserable. Very annoying. Just emailed PH. I hope you guys do too.
Iv'e noticed screen tearing when scrolling down the rack on Windows. Its very subtle though very hard to see it. Iv'e not reported it because I have not been able to capture it. I think it might have something to do with the Aero theme.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
23 Jul 2017
Last Alternative wrote:
23 Jul 2017
Iv'e noticed screen tearing when scrolling down the rack on Windows. Its very subtle though very hard to see it. Iv'e not reported it because I have not been able to capture it. I think it might have something to do with the Aero theme.
Do you still get it with hyperthreading turned off?

AttenuationHz

23 Jul 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
23 Jul 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
23 Jul 2017

Have not tried next time I notice it I'll turn HT off and see if it happens. But it is hard to replicate in any case and it only happens in the rack. I'll see it but then when I try to make it happen again it does not.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

AttenuationHz

23 Jul 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
23 Jul 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
23 Jul 2017

Yeah it does still happen with HT turned off. I tried to record a gif of it but it was not present in the recording. OBS disables Areo (so no way to record it) and I just tested it out and can confirm it only happens when aero is enabled. Guess I'll just have to live with it can't deal without Aero for too long.

npinero1

03 Aug 2017

Having issues too since 9.5.1. On iMac 3.5GHz I7 and usin UAD Apollo.
I plan on going back to 9.5 if this persists.

Is there any indication on when this will be resolved?
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

EnochLight

03 Aug 2017

npinero1 wrote:
03 Aug 2017

Propellerhead devs are pretty much all on seasonal vacations until the middle/end of August, so i wouldn't count on anything being addressed until after that. And if those who are having trouble aren't actually contacting Propellerhead tech support and submitting actual tickets, I wouldn't expect it to be fixed at all.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2017

EnochLight wrote:
03 Aug 2017
npinero1 wrote:
03 Aug 2017

Propellerhead devs are pretty much all on seasonal vacations until the middle/end of August, so i wouldn't count on anything being addressed until after that. And if those who are having trouble aren't actually contacting Propellerhead tech support and submitting actual tickets, I wouldn't expect it to be fixed at all.
+1

npinero1

04 Aug 2017

I turned off hyperthreading and everything is working again. Too bad, I would have liked a boost.
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

EnochLight

04 Aug 2017

npinero1 wrote:
04 Aug 2017
I turned off hyperthreading and everything is working again. Too bad, I would have liked a boost.
Something to note: Hyperthreading in Reason (as of this new setting) won't be helpful/noticeable for most unless your project is large, and effects/instruments are spread out over multiple mixer channels in parallel. If you've got smaller projects or just some Combi that are massive, it probably won't help much - if at all.

• Information