Suggestions for music distributing sites?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
CYSYS8993

27 Jun 2017

Before I start, I understand that money is a sensitive topic, but what else do I need to support myself?

Obviously, I can't just keep my activity static on SoundCloud and expect to become the next deadmau5 by next week. I've already found a few sites like iTunes, Tunecore, and today's SNSs that has become the norm of this generation like Twitter and Google+ where I can further spread my presence, but does anyone know any more music distributing sites where I can sell my works?

messy-jesse

27 Jun 2017

It only takes 3 people. One that is obsessed with your music; one that hates your music and you.

Your music will be listened to if it is meant to be. Just keep writing until it happens and try not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

jonheal

27 Jun 2017

What about Bandcamp? Approximately 80% of the proceeds go to your wallet.

But I reckon you've got to do some self-promotion: social media, vandalizing stickers on walls, etc.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

opabobby

30 Jun 2017

I use Bandcamp, and Distrokid.
Bandcamp takes you having to self promote.
Distrokid puts your music on all the streaming svcs. And, you get compensated by plays. Takes a little self promotion, word of mouth, and having something out there the people want to hear. I don't make a load of cash, but, do have a steady bit coming in from them.
Good luck.

Data_Shrine

01 Jul 2017

I guess the best way is to have a presence in your local music scene. Play live a few times. Put your music out there on streaming websites, be sure to have a Bandcamp, and send download codes to websites and blogs that review small, indie music albums/projects. Send your tracks to your local University radio station, and community radio stations. Write personalized emails, don't just copy/paste, a lot of music directors will see through it and just won't take interest if you do so. If there's a local indie vinyl record store, maybe they can take your album and you can sell it there ? I've sold cassettes at my city local indie store, pretty cool place. And people go to these kind of places to find new, interesting music that's not multi-million dollar productions.

There's just no easy way. More work after the work on the music and the art is done. Or maybe, you'll enjoy doing this ?

ejanuska

02 Jul 2017

With all the music out there on the net you could be the producer ever and not get heard, unless you fork over buckets of cash for promotion. Just too much stuff online.
Playing out is the key. Even that is tough. Finding a place that has crowds and is willing to let you play can even be hard if you're and outsider or unknown.
When I'm listening online the song has to be unbelievable awesome for me to stop what I'm doing and take note of the artist. That rarely happens. If I'm in a club or bar and live music is playing I pay more attention to who is playing and I don't leave unless the music really sucks.

• Information