Polyphonic CV - what's the official word?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chimp_spanner

26 Jun 2017

So I gotta say, pretty blown away with the possibilities! I'm using MoPol (free) and I'm doing things I've been wanting to do for a long time, and finding unexpected devices actually support poly CV, such as CV Tuner! Yup, randomised Matrixes into MoPol, the the master pitch out into CV Tuner. Bam. Instant goodness!

So like, is this officially a "thing"? I'm not sure I've ever seen PH talk about it, and it's pretty damn cool IMO. What are the limitations or things I should be aware of?

AttenuationHz

26 Jun 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
26 Jun 2017
So I gotta say, pretty blown away with the possibilities! I'm using MoPol (free) and I'm doing things I've been wanting to do for a long time, and finding unexpected devices actually support poly CV, such as CV Tuner! Yup, randomised Matrixes into MoPol, the the master pitch out into CV Tuner. Bam. Instant goodness!

So like, is this officially a "thing"? I'm not sure I've ever seen PH talk about it, and it's pretty damn cool IMO. What are the limitations or things I should be aware of?
Dude thanks for putting me onto that!

Now Delete all 7 matrix's and try Quadelectra CV Suite, delay the gate from just 1 matrix and use the free Aftermath Audio CV generator. :o :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
MoPoly Gate Delay Note Gen.zip
(3.08 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Useful chart for CV suite: http://www.barryrudolph.com/greg/delay3.html
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Loque

27 Jun 2017

Poly CV is a standard defined by a few devs and a lot other devs hops on it. Only PH seem to think 1980s like.
Reason12, Win10

raccoonboy

29 Jun 2017

Not sure how this MoPoly is much different from a basic merger? But haven't checked it yet.

Loque, are there any threads relating to Poly CV and who supports it/how it works? Can't search for CV on these forums so struggling to find. Does it use an Audio signal and split it up somehow?

Loque

29 Jun 2017

AFAIK there isnt a dedicated thread. A few synths has implemented the protocol, but with Poly CV splitter, merger and Distributor you can do handy things...
Reason12, Win10

raccoonboy

29 Jun 2017

Yeah I've done these things before. Was wondering how the protocol works though for true poly rather than e.g. using 8 copies of a synth.

Would be good to know which synths support this

• Information