Open call for ReasonTalk article/video contributors!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
babydaddymusic

06 Sep 2018

I am willing to write some more philosophical articles geared towards how Reason is unique in the space of DAW's. I am a former Columbia Records recording artist (my band was called Mile- album is Driving Under Stars).
I have been fortunate to be in the music business as an artist- artist manager- business manager and producer engineer-
I had a little studio in Nashville and recorded some pretty good stuff there.

I have used Pro Tools, Logic, Studio One and Reason extensively. I write music for film and TV (ESPN, CBS, ABC and USOC) to name a few.

I feel since I am old enough to have recorded a major label album to tape and see it bounced to digital, etc... all the way to using Apogee converters with all sorts of outboard gear with different DAWS allows me a unique perspective with which to see Reason as a useful tool.

I am more on the singer-songwriter end of the spectrum but I rely on Reason because it acts almost like a producer for me. Something about the design and workflow makes me want to write and record, and most importantly I get out of my own way!

I have written some stuff on Gear Slutz about my experiences in the major label game that people seemed to enjoy. I'd be happy to send those along for your perusal.

I have spent many hours learning different DAWS and I do find myself coming back to Reason when I want to have a lot of fun and write some creatively satisfying stuff.

I'd be happy to send you anything you need to verify that I am not a total crack pot, hahah

my website for acoustic gigs is www.midnightfalcon.com

joeyluck

04 Sep 2020

Hey folks! Just bumping this thread to see if anybody might still be interested in featuring their thoughts on the ReasonTalk front page.

It has been very inactive until recently when we published the amazing new video by Teflon Tomb: https://www.reasontalk.com/2020/09/euro ... flon-tomb/

If you've wanted to review something or share your tips and tricks, and want to feature it on the front page, everybody is welcome! It provides a platform for people to present many of the things you passionately write about in the forum already, but presented and featured nicely on the front page.

Even if you don't feel you have a ton to write, one of the ideas I presented before was a compiling of mini reviews, like this:
https://www.reasontalk.com/2018/02/reas ... i-channel/

The format is really open. Just send me a PM if you are interested!

• Information