Open call for ReasonTalk article/video contributors!

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Post Reply
User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5410
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

19 Jun 2017

We are very excited to announce an always open call for contributions to be featured on the ReasonTalk front page...and hey, that nifty sidebar too ;)

Do you have an article you would like to write? A written tutorial or how-to video you would like to create? An interview you would like to conduct? A review you would like to share? We would love to feature it on ReasonTalk! :puf_smile:

ReasonTalk has come a long way thanks to this wonderful community. The mod team has been testing the implementation of all the new features; including creating content for the front page. Now it’s time to bring in the rest of the community as contributors! It would be awesome to have your article or video featured and become a great talking point here at ReasonTalk. We want to inspire Reason conversation in the ReasonTalk forum and give you an opportunity to spotlight something you care about. And get credit as a writer/contributor!

If you would like any help along the way, we can offer to edit, brainstorm ideas for topics, as well as ways to execute those ideas. Just get in touch with us and let us know what you have in mind! Or let us know if you already have something to contribute and we can go from there! Maybe even a forum topic you've created in the past that you would like to polish up and present in a nice article? You can contact any of the team members via PM or join us all in our Slack channel!

Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing what the community will come up with!

User avatar
Fretless Fingers
Posts: 112
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

20 Jun 2017

I may be in.
Gotta find some time to put my foot back into it but with the reasonexpert.com time requirments my deep dives need another place to reside
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5410
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

20 Jun 2017

Fretless Fingers wrote:
20 Jun 2017
I may be in.
Gotta find some time to put my foot back into it but with the reasonexpert.com time requirments my deep dives need another place to reside
Sounds good! You do excellent work! Would love to see some in-depth stuff :thumbs_up:

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5410
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

20 Jun 2017

Thanks to others who have been sending PMs with interest in participating :puf_smile:

To answer some questions that have come up:

- There is no deadline to contribute. Contact us whenever you feel inspired and find time.
- Likewise, there is no cap on the number of contributors or contributions. Those eligible are all ReasonTalk members. If anything, if there is ample content being submitted, we may insert a buffer between posts and place things in a queue. But we are not there yet.
- There currently is no compensation. We all contribute as volunteers. Right now, it's all about just offering the spotlight to all ReasonTalk users to have a nice platform in which to present things they want to talk about involving Reason.
- There is no requirement on length. It can be short and sweet. So don't feel overwhelmed by the task. If there's something that inspires you to create a thread topic, an article post doesn't have to be too far off. But there should be some substance and personal touch there.
- And as always, feel free to contact us to bounce around ideas. Slack is a great place to catch the mod team as a whole for some real-time talk.

And feel free to chime in here with any questions.

User avatar
challism
Posts: 1281
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

21 Jun 2017

Fretless Fingers wrote:
20 Jun 2017
I may be in.
Gotta find some time to put my foot back into it but with the reasonexpert.com time requirments my deep dives need another place to reside
I have always loved watching your videos! More please!! :D

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2097
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

21 Jun 2017

Just added a T&T video here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7501987

How to setup CV to control the Tempo

drloop
Posts: 163
Joined: 27 Jan 2015
Contact:

04 Jul 2017

I´m in!
Sounddesign is fun and rewarding. My soundcloud account is filled with short examples of what you can do with Reason.
How to create a choir with NN-XT.


Recently I made a organ with a bunch of Thors.


Or making D50isch Soundtrack sound.


Or make clones of Roland JX8P sounds in Reason.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5410
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

04 Jul 2017

drloop wrote:
04 Jul 2017
I´m in!
Sounddesign is fun and rewarding. My soundcloud account is filled with short examples of what you can do with Reason.
How to create a choir with NN-XT.


Recently I made a organ with a bunch of Thors.


Or making D50isch Soundtrack sound.


Or make clones of Roland JX8P sounds in Reason.
Cool. Well feel free to put something together, write something up, and send it in :)

slightlyprog
Posts: 104
Joined: 02 Jan 2016
Location: Kent coast UK
Contact:

22 Jul 2017

Weeeeeell, I PM'd two mods over a week ago and no response, so I guess they're so swamped with new articles they don't need any more :-o

WongoTheSane
Posts: 1445
Joined: 14 Sep 2015
Location: Paris, France

22 Jul 2017

slightlyprog wrote:
22 Jul 2017
Weeeeeell, I PM'd two mods over a week ago and no response, so I guess they're so swamped with new articles they don't need any more :-o
It might be a mailbox problem, we're checking right now. In the meantime, would you mind sending it to me? Sorry about the confusion...

slightlyprog
Posts: 104
Joined: 02 Jan 2016
Location: Kent coast UK
Contact:

25 Jul 2017

I sent you a message yesterday Wongo. Let me know if you received it, otherwise it must be a mailbox problem on here.

WongoTheSane
Posts: 1445
Joined: 14 Sep 2015
Location: Paris, France

25 Jul 2017

slightlyprog wrote:
25 Jul 2017
I sent you a message yesterday Wongo. Let me know if you received it, otherwise it must be a mailbox problem on here.
I just sent you an answer :)

User avatar
ZombieFightsShark
Posts: 215
Joined: 26 Feb 2015

23 Oct 2017

I'm currently working on a series about the Subtractor. I'm think it will be at least 5 videos (possibly as many as 20 though) breaking down each portion of the Subtractor and how each relates to the rest. I will also have a large release of patches to accompany it. I'll be sure to shoot you a PM once it's done.

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 669
Joined: 15 Apr 2016
Contact:

24 Oct 2017

I've still got my series on Remote coming. (But about to have a new baby, just moved, etc.) I have the first two almost done, and 5 or 6 planned out after. I'm going to focus on coding tricks in lua a bit, share what I've learned in optimizing my code.

WongoTheSane
Posts: 1445
Joined: 14 Sep 2015
Location: Paris, France

24 Oct 2017

Can't wait. Don't hesitate to contact any mod if you need help for whatever!

User avatar
Flavolous
Posts: 297
Joined: 17 Aug 2016
Location: ZW | GB

18 Nov 2017

joeyluck wrote:
19 Jun 2017
We are very excited to announce an always open call for contributions to be featured on the ReasonTalk front page...and hey, that nifty sidebar too ;)

Do you have an article you would like to write? A written tutorial or how-to video you would like to create? An interview you would like to conduct? A review you would like to share? We would love to feature it on ReasonTalk! :puf_smile:

ReasonTalk has come a long way thanks to this wonderful community. The mod team has been testing the implementation of all the new features; including creating content for the front page. Now it’s time to bring in the rest of the community as contributors! It would be awesome to have your article or video featured and become a great talking point here at ReasonTalk. We want to inspire Reason conversation in the ReasonTalk forum and give you an opportunity to spotlight something you care about. And get credit as a writer/contributor!

If you would like any help along the way, we can offer to edit, brainstorm ideas for topics, as well as ways to execute those ideas. Just get in touch with us and let us know what you have in mind! Or let us know if you already have something to contribute and we can go from there! Maybe even a forum topic you've created in the past that you would like to polish up and present in a nice article? You can contact any of the team members via PM or join us all in our Slack channel!

Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing what the community will come up with!
Yo, dropped you a msg :D

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5410
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

18 Nov 2017

Flavolous wrote:
18 Nov 2017
joeyluck wrote:
19 Jun 2017
We are very excited to announce an always open call for contributions to be featured on the ReasonTalk front page...and hey, that nifty sidebar too ;)

Do you have an article you would like to write? A written tutorial or how-to video you would like to create? An interview you would like to conduct? A review you would like to share? We would love to feature it on ReasonTalk! :puf_smile:

ReasonTalk has come a long way thanks to this wonderful community. The mod team has been testing the implementation of all the new features; including creating content for the front page. Now it’s time to bring in the rest of the community as contributors! It would be awesome to have your article or video featured and become a great talking point here at ReasonTalk. We want to inspire Reason conversation in the ReasonTalk forum and give you an opportunity to spotlight something you care about. And get credit as a writer/contributor!

If you would like any help along the way, we can offer to edit, brainstorm ideas for topics, as well as ways to execute those ideas. Just get in touch with us and let us know what you have in mind! Or let us know if you already have something to contribute and we can go from there! Maybe even a forum topic you've created in the past that you would like to polish up and present in a nice article? You can contact any of the team members via PM or join us all in our Slack channel!

Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing what the community will come up with!
Yo, dropped you a msg :D
Thanks for the heads up. Sent you a reply :)

calebbrennan
Posts: 172
Joined: 16 Aug 2016

07 Dec 2017

I will call my article "If Six Turned out be Nine"

About my transition from 6 to 10.

Those Freaking Stockholm nerds know how to deliver content.

It's a virtual musical playground in a music program.

While I'm exploring I'm using the browser to save favorites so I don't get overwhelmed later.

calebbrennan
Posts: 172
Joined: 16 Aug 2016

08 Dec 2017

Joey

Understanding the concept of "Found ART"
Is why the players and utilities have a place in the Reason universe.
I'm from Planet Six running Ten now
It's a mistaken impression these are one button cheats
amazing reimanging of intervals and pitch

Joey I don't do slack currently how else would i submit my review?

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5410
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

11 Dec 2017

calebbrennan wrote:
08 Dec 2017
Joey

Understanding the concept of "Found ART"
Is why the players and utilities have a place in the Reason universe.
I'm from Planet Six running Ten now
It's a mistaken impression these are one button cheats
amazing reimanging of intervals and pitch

Joey I don't do slack currently how else would i submit my review?
It's easy to join Slack if you want to get help with proofreading and editing from the team. You'll see "join us on Slack" in the right sidebar. We have a contributor channel there.

Stock Music Musician
Posts: 39
Joined: 03 Jul 2016
Contact:

10 Jan 2018

I'm happy to help as well. Could do something on sidechaining, music licensing, arranging?

User avatar
tiker01
Posts: 1139
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

24 Apr 2018

Hi,

I was just watching your Reason 11 wish list video during lunch. :puf_bigsmile:

I think all of these topics would be welcomed. Are you on our Slack? Quick communication is done there. There is a join section (Join us on Slack) on this page where you can get an auto invite. It is not mandatory though.

Cheers,

tiker01
    
Budapest, Hungary
Reason 10
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

jimmyklane
Posts: 662
Joined: 16 Apr 2018

12 May 2018

joeyluck wrote:
19 Jun 2017
We are very excited to announce an always open call for contributions to be featured on the ReasonTalk front page...and hey, that nifty sidebar too ;)

Do you have an article you would like to write? A written tutorial or how-to video you would like to create? An interview you would like to conduct? A review you would like to share? We would love to feature it on ReasonTalk! :puf_smile:

ReasonTalk has come a long way thanks to this wonderful community. The mod team has been testing the implementation of all the new features; including creating content for the front page. Now it’s time to bring in the rest of the community as contributors! It would be awesome to have your article or video featured and become a great talking point here at ReasonTalk. We want to inspire Reason conversation in the ReasonTalk forum and give you an opportunity to spotlight something you care about. And get credit as a writer/contributor!

If you would like any help along the way, we can offer to edit, brainstorm ideas for topics, as well as ways to execute those ideas. Just get in touch with us and let us know what you have in mind! Or let us know if you already have something to contribute and we can go from there! Maybe even a forum topic you've created in the past that you would like to polish up and present in a nice article? You can contact any of the team members via PM or join us all in our Slack channel!

Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing what the community will come up with!
I’m highly interested. After joining for the RX950 competition, I’ve been very active and have already posted a short “basic transitions” video in the forum. I’m currently making a series exploring every instrument (including its CV abilities) in its own video. I think it would make a great installment for everyone, but especially for posterity and those new to Reason.
DAW: Reason 10,

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

tekengine
Posts: 5
Joined: 08 Jun 2018

08 Jun 2018

this is a video i made years ago, on reason 4.5.
"How to build a track, using one sample of a fire extinguisher, in 10 minutes.."

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], primitiveworker and 17 guests