Is there a place dedicated to just Reason's CV here?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
joeyluck

18 Mar 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
18 Mar 2018
joeyluck wrote:
18 Mar 2018

Allihoopa general was created at the time when what we have now as 'Reason General' was 'Propellerhead General' and it was still a hot topic. And since Allihoopa was/is no longer Propellerhead, it was given it's own forum to not confuse and keep them separate. And it's a platform open to many more apps, each of which could be posted about in that forum.

CV posts aren't always so theme-centric and focused. Not always very in depth. It is a major element within Reason. The next question would be if we then segment everything...an audio forum? A mastering forum? Etc.

Of course we're exploring new ways or organizing and cleaning up. There might be more sub forums added.. or at least things moved. I would love to reorganize some things very much.
CV the way Reason does it is Reason specific. An Audio Production sub-forum that deals with audio engineering, mixing, mastering, recording, might be helpful actually.

All I'm saying is the sub-forums I like most on ReasonTalk are specific forums that are categorized, specifically Reason Music, Rack Extensions, and Tutorials and Techniques. I loathe the Reason General forum section with a passion because it's a catch all for everything including topics that should be moderated better and moved such as tons of questions about Hardware (which computer to buy, etc.). I don't want to wade through a plethora of topics when I can go directly to the subforms that interest me the most.

CV is not some voodoo art form because it's not, but some new users might be intimidated by it (I was when I was first starting out) and having a hub for CV related knowledge would be a good thing.
I agree with much of that. I have ideas for reorganizing, but just takes some more thought and time from others on the team. I think sub-forums in Reason General could be good. Downside though with the current layout is that sub-forums aren't displayed on the forum home. Not sure if it's possible to have the displayed... And adding regular forums as a workaround is a bit messy with more scrolling (I feel there are too many as it is, and current forums could be moved into sub-forum categories). Great points and we appreciate it :)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
18 Mar 2018
eusti wrote:
17 Mar 2018

Maybe to compel the powers that be to do so, just post more CV threads? Questions, tips, how tos, etc...

D.
I'll call up the Russians to help me get my CV spam campaign going but you DO have a point. :)
it's a catch 22, I just don't want to post in general about CV stuff, I would like a sub forum to do that.

eusti

18 Mar 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
18 Mar 2018
MannequinRaces wrote:
18 Mar 2018

I'll call up the Russians to help me get my CV spam campaign going but you DO have a point. :)
it's a catch 22, I just don't want to post in general about CV stuff, I would like a sub forum to do that.
I'm not checking all posts here in a regular manner, but my point was that while I completely understand that desire, there seems to be much more effort in getting this subforum / forum than actual CV discussion as I can see... I can see the point when comparing it to other forums, but I was merely coming from a solution that is practical for the fans of CV. Just talk about it to the point that the mods see your point and give you what you want... I'm sure other CV posts could end up being sorted into that forum at a later point... I personally usually only go to the new posts tab anyways...

D.
Last edited by eusti on 18 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.

QVprod

18 Mar 2018

eusti wrote:
18 Mar 2018
there seems to be much more effort in getting this subforum / forum than actual CV discussion as I can see... I can see the point when comparing it to other forums, but I was merely coming from a solution that is practical for the fans of CV. Just talk about it to the point that the mods see you point and give you what you want... I'm sure other CV posts could end up being sorted into that forum at a later point... I personally usually only go to the new posts tab anyways...

This ^ again. Exactly. This thread is by far one of the most active (if not the most active) CV threads on this forum and there’s no CV discussion. As Joey mentioned earlier the Allihoopa forum had a reason for existence. It’s practically dead now. We don’t want to create another forum that’s going to also be dead. If you really want to have CV discussions then start discussing CV. With the exception of questions, most CV discussion will probably fit in Tips and Tutorials

• Information