Wouldn't we like a NN-XT upgrade ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
XSynth

11 Jun 2017

NN-XT Sampler is how old.... 10 years or more... nevermind.

What really bothers me about NN-XT is the missing NOTE(key) to AMP option.

I'll explain why....

99 out of 100 samples are NORMALIZED meaning they will all output the roughly same volume.
Lets say you get your hands on a super nice multi sampled synth patch.
You load it into NN-XT and notice that playing the upper range of the keyboard sounds comes out a quite a bit higher than the lower range.

What happend here is the following:

That synth patch was balanced by the developer so the lower range fitted nice with the upper range in perceived volume.

However the guy who sampled that synth patch NORMALIZED those samples so the balance vs lower and upper got f...ed.
So now you have to adjust EVERY single sample volume across the keyboard.
The volume transition from sample to sample depends on how many multi samples that patch would use.
In all cases it wont be a smooth volume transition unless the multi samples consist of 1 samples per key.
Needless to say... its a friggin pain to adjust for that keyboard range unbalance.

Sometimes single samples can be used to cover almost full range of the keyboard, in that case you are screwed unless you
take that single sample and map it to every damn key so you can compensate by adjusting volume across the keyboard.

When making presets for XSynth OSC Refill i run into to this problem with EVERY preset and its starting to get on my nerves.
Maybe i should just ditch NN-XT and go for Kontakt in the future but that will mean a VERY high CPU hit on Reason projects.

Can we pleaseeeee have a upgraded NN-XT instead of that old SoundFont player, petty pleaseeee.

/Michael

plaamook

11 Jun 2017

I've given up. Now building my own sampler w Reaktor. They just took too long. Even the SDK for samplers is taking forever.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Oquasec

11 Jun 2017

The answer I received when asking the same thing on this forum was [lmao]
USE VSTS [Despite having been a rewire user forever.]

I'd still like to see another nn device as a RE or integrated module.
Something made me realize that the rack extension format was actually a hint that it was possible using thirdparty plugs natively in reason.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Hauser+Quaid

11 Jun 2017

I actually don't have many qualms with the NNXT aside from a few things (though I see what you mean about the key -> volume matrix thing, that would be helpful).

My only beefs are a lack of a "one shot" option for playback & the thing I want more than anything is a "snap to zero crossing" option for the looping like Kontakt has. I still get by without those things, would just make my life easier.

Oquasec

11 Jun 2017

Reason has snap to transients, that might be what you're looking for It's been in there since 5 and they added more ways to do that via the timeline.
Producer/Programmer.

Hauser+Quaid

12 Jun 2017

Oquasec wrote:Reason has snap to transients, that might be what you're looking for It's been in there since 5 and they added more ways to do that via the timeline.
Unfortunately that's only for start & end points, and it's not very accurate, especially when you compare to Kontakt. Or maybe it's accurate but transients aren't clocked the same as zero crossing? I don't know, all I do know is that it's super quick in Kontakt and takes me forever in NNXT with zooming in and trying to find the closest zero crossing to match.

Oquasec

13 Jun 2017

Not sure what to tell ya then. I use slicex & Reason.
Producer/Programmer.

lzap

25 Jun 2017

NN-XT upgrade and nicer look on Retina - that's all I hope for.

Majestik Monkey

25 Jun 2017

I personally think that all the stock devices ' should be upgraded / everything !!

Gorgon

25 Jun 2017

Majestik Monkey wrote:
25 Jun 2017
I personally think that all the stock devices ' should be upgraded / everything !!
For free too right?
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Oquasec

25 Jun 2017

Sfz support would be nice. They could even just make another rack extension for it. Sure, there's rewire and vsts that can already.
But they aren't rack devices :P
Producer/Programmer.

Raveshaper

25 Jun 2017

Isn't it weird to think that with so much emphasis on proudly unveiling the latest, hippest, hypest modern whiz bang things, Reason basically sells the same used car with more bumper stickers on it? Compared to what moves units elsewhere it really is an odd duck. "Here, everything is the same + a new sticker. 129!" Just me?
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

Oquasec

25 Jun 2017

The manual for reason 5 is about... 600 pages shorter than 9. Then there's the CV system that no one knows everything about.
And the remote codec. and 280+ plugins in the propellerhead shop, with 40+ being freebies.

Propellerhead could still however, update nnxt with some new supportable formats like [just saying proooops] NKI/SFZ support maybe ehhhhhh that sounds like 129$ for an upgrade, like the integrated vst module was.
Producer/Programmer.

Goriila Texas

26 Jun 2017

Oquasec wrote:
13 Jun 2017
Not sure what to tell ya then. I use slicex & Reason.
"slicex and edison ruin my workflow for everything"
Remember this???

Just yesterday you didn't use nothing but Reason's samplers,but on here you saying that you use SliceX too. Which is it?
Last edited by Goriila Texas on 26 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

clone

26 Jun 2017

Yes, I would. Make the damn thing easer to use.

• Information