Reason cant find waveshell?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
shrunkyq

31 May 2017

Hello I am facing a very irritating problem with Reason.. For some reason my waves plugins (waveshell 9.8) wont load in, it says that it is enabled but it doesnt pop up on any of the categories. Does anybody else have this issue?

FlowerSoldier

31 May 2017

I've tried the Waves plugins on Mac and can confirm they work on my end with no issues. Are you on a Mac or PC?

shrunkyq

31 May 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:I've tried the Waves plugins on Mac and can confirm they work on my end with no issues. Are you on a Mac or PC?
pc!

shrunkyq

31 May 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:I've tried the Waves plugins on Mac and can confirm they work on my end with no issues. Are you on a Mac or PC?
just tried reinstalling it, now reason crashes. ugh ive only had problems hahaha

aeox
Competition Winner

31 May 2017

shrunkyq wrote:
just tried reinstalling it, now reason crashes. ugh ive only had problems hahaha
that is a old waveshell ;)

FlowerSoldier

31 May 2017

I'm at work right now, not in front of my battlestation. I'll check it out when I get home and see what we're dealing with.

FlowerSoldier

31 May 2017

I think Aeox is right. Maybe Waveshell needs a reinstall. I see you've tried that, but now have a bigger issue. I've never had a Reason Crash. I wish I could help, but I'm on a Mac. Not sure how to recreate the issue.

shrunkyq

01 Jun 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:I think Aeox is right. Maybe Waveshell needs a reinstall. I see you've tried that, but now have a bigger issue. I've never had a Reason Crash. I wish I could help, but I'm on a Mac. Not sure how to recreate the issue.
i manage to fix it, i installed everything in my vst folder where i should only have the waveshell hehe..

FlowerSoldier

01 Jun 2017

shrunkyq wrote:
FlowerSoldier wrote:I think Aeox is right. Maybe Waveshell needs a reinstall. I see you've tried that, but now have a bigger issue. I've never had a Reason Crash. I wish I could help, but I'm on a Mac. Not sure how to recreate the issue.
i manage to fix it, i installed everything in my vst folder where i should only have the waveshell hehe..
Kek! Cool, I'm glad you got it figured out.

Ostermilk

01 Jun 2017

shrunkyq wrote:
The main stuff should install here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves

Then when you get prompted where to install the Waveshell VST that should go here:

C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Waves

Notice the main install goes in the "Program Files(x86)" folder and the 64 bit dll folder should be a subfolder of "Program Files". Make sure you don't move anything manually after install otherwise the shell will not be able to find the actual plugins.

It's all working fine here and has been since halfway through the beta.

bidaar

04 Jun 2020

shrunkyq wrote:
01 Jun 2017
Hey ! Im having the same problem can you tell what to do a lil bit more specefic
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

• Information