Recover Unsaved Reason Project File after System Crash

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
HonDawg

31 May 2017

Calling all Reason Experts!!!

My 17 year old daughter woke me up in tears last night after the computer crashed and she lost a song that she was working on all night. She learned a good lesson about saving your work as you go, but that does not help us now. 6 Months ago I found a method to recover audio files. I still have the result of that recovery sitting on my desktop, but I don't remember how I did it. I have been searching online, but cannot find anything. Does anybody have any suggestions? I have made a backup of the scratch data (cachemanager files), but I have no idea how to decrypt them. I have run an undelete program against the folder that her project is saved in, but that did not turn up anything.

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

am0eba

31 May 2017

Usually Reason will offer to generate a list of files that weren't closed/saved properly when you restart it after a crash... On my mac, the default filename is filelist.txt and it sits on the desktop. I'd look for that before doing anything else...

_Dave_
:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

• Information