Reason 9.5 & above CPU Stress Tests (2017, two different songfiles included)!

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

Post 17 Feb 2020

Grumbleweed wrote:
16 Feb 2020
What a difference a couple of years make! My Ryzen 9 3900X just played through the complex track with no problem and played through (with crackles) the simple track to the end.
Sweet :D

Grum.
tronam wrote:
16 Feb 2020
It's true. I clearly remember not being able to run the Complex Benchmark song at all a few years ago; The audio engine would just die the moment I hit play. Now I can play through the entire song with power to spare. A pretty wild reality check for just how far we've come.

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) | Intel 8-Core i9 9900K | Radeon Pro Vega 48 | 48GB RAM
Indeed - and those cutting edge monster power machines you guys got are pretty sweet, too. :o My aging 3770K still whimpers at the thought of attempting these song files.
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

tronam

Post 17 Feb 2020

EnochLight wrote:
17 Feb 2020
Grumbleweed wrote:
16 Feb 2020
What a difference a couple of years make! My Ryzen 9 3900X just played through the complex track with no problem and played through (with crackles) the simple track to the end.
Sweet :D

Grum.
tronam wrote:
16 Feb 2020
It's true. I clearly remember not being able to run the Complex Benchmark song at all a few years ago; The audio engine would just die the moment I hit play. Now I can play through the entire song with power to spare. A pretty wild reality check for just how far we've come.

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) | Intel 8-Core i9 9900K | Radeon Pro Vega 48 | 48GB RAM
Indeed - and those cutting edge monster power machines you guys got are pretty sweet, too. :o My aging 3770K still whimpers at the thought of attempting these song files.
Well, thankfully the prices keep coming down and the core counts keep going up. Once the time comes to upgrade it should be a pretty significant boost in performance. That's the beauty of waiting it out for a bit; very satisfying upgrades.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) | Intel 8-Core i9 9900K | Radeon Pro Vega 48 | 48GB RAM

Grumbleweed

Post 18 Feb 2020

The only thing that bothers me with the new set up is the boot time. It used to be a fast PC booted quickly and a slow one was, well slow. The new one is slow due to the motherboard peeing about doing self checks or something rather than just getting on with things.
Once it is up though it is a beasty boy. Moving the Reason content (that you can't choose where to install) from the C to E drive was over in a flash - I was most impressed :D .

Grum.

EnochLight

Post 18 Feb 2020

Grumbleweed wrote:
18 Feb 2020
The only thing that bothers me with the new set up is the boot time. It used to be a fast PC booted quickly and a slow one was, well slow. The new one is slow due to the motherboard peeing about doing self checks or something rather than just getting on with things.
Once it is up though it is a beasty boy. Moving the Reason content (that you can't choose where to install) from the C to E drive was over in a flash - I was most impressed :D .

Grum.
You should be able to turn most of that self-check stuff of in your motherboard UEFI settings and speed things up during start-up.
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

TheDragonborg

Post 18 Feb 2020

lol my computer played the entire complex song and not stopped once and it topped out at around 75% usage...

And I didn't even bother changing any options... I use the aisio4all driver cause it works better with my PreSonus Audiobox USB than it's official driver does... also there is no CPU limit option in Reason 10.

It also played the entire fx chain track yet started to get choppy halfway through...

My PC has an Core i7 8700k (hex core) overclocked at 4.8Ghz with 32GB of RAM.

Anyway... any project of mine never exceeds 2% CPU usage. And they are full of VSTs and REs.

• Information