midi cc mapping in reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pjkemp

15 May 2017

I have a wx-5 windcontroller which transmits midi breath control on CC=2

on the other hand i have a couple of VSTs which respond only to aftertouch.

Being new to reason, I am wondering if there is any way to trasnlate cc 2 to aftertouch on the fly.

This issue came to light as a tester of the new VST beta but I believe it is a general Reason issue.

Can anyone point to a solution?

Thanks!

PK

dtaki

15 May 2017

I don't think Reason can do this itself, but one thing you can do is use a MIDI utility like MIDIOX (PC) or MidiPipe (Mac). The MIDI utility accepts your WX-5 as input, and passes through everything except CC2, which is instead converted to aftertouch (or you can configure it to send both values). Then, Reason accepts the MIDI utility as an input and ignores the WX-5. You have to have an extra program open while you are tracking, but both programs seem to be very stable and latency-free.

pjkemp

15 May 2017

Thanks dtaki . I've used midi-ox in the past and it does the job. However I was hoping for a lower latency option. There is a small midi translate utility in sonar that I was hoping had an equivalent in Reason.

PK

Ashpool

16 May 2017

I am not a beta tester nor do I ever had a breath Controller, so this is just a hard guess.
But do you know this Little helper?
MIDI to CV Converter.png
MIDI to CV Converter.png (73.39 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... processor/

It translates MIDI CC into Reason CV.

• Information