I feel sad: 32-inch tv resolution

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
zeebot

23 May 2017

EnochLight wrote: Which Optima is that? They sell like a dozen different models. Looks like a 1080p projector, though. :(
It's an Optoma ML300 LED Projector. It's surprisingly bright and pretty quiet fan wise. I take it on holiday with me (comes with it's own little case) and can set it up on any light surface. It takes pen drives too so you can load a ton of stuff to watch/listen on it and off you go, I think it has a pdf reader built in aswell? :puf_smile:
Last edited by zeebot on 24 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

EnochLight

23 May 2017

zeebot wrote:
EnochLight wrote: Which Optima is that? They sell like a dozen different models. Looks like a 1080p projector, though. :(
It's an Optoma ML300 LED Projector. It's surprisingly bright and pretty quite fan wise. I take it on holiday with me (comes with it's own little case) and can set it up on any light surface. It takes pen drives too so you can load a ton of stuff to watch/listen on it and off you go, I think it has a pdf reader built in aswell? :puf_smile:
That's pretty bad ass! That said, its resolution is way too low for my needs. It's only 1280 x 800 max. :(
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

zeebot

23 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
That's pretty bad ass! That said, its resolution is way too low for my needs. It's only 1280 x 800 max. :(
Yeah, that pic it is super huge whole wall type which is great for watching movies and gaming in the dark but I usually have it around 60inch on my wall and the closer it is the brighter and sharper the image.
Personally think it's better than a flat screen as it would be hard to fit one in a rucksack :puf_smile:

They really are crap.

stratatonic

23 May 2017

..and...the banner ad on ReasonTalk as I'm reading this thread...awesome...

still waiting for the Russian dating site ad...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 May 2017

I run a Philips 49PUT4900/12 49" 4K sub £300, love it, can't use reason on anything smaller, I also have 50" 1080p screen attached but I only use that for watching youtube\movies, the real estate on a 4K is just unbelievable..
Rack 4k (Large).jpg
Rack 4k (Large).jpg (831.73 KiB) Viewed 2725 times
Setup_Blue (Large) (2).jpg
Setup_Blue (Large) (2).jpg (605.98 KiB) Viewed 2725 times
SSL 4k (Large).jpg
SSL 4k (Large).jpg (944.09 KiB) Viewed 2725 times

EnochLight

23 May 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:I run a Philips 49PUT4900/12 49" 4K sub £300, love it, can't use reason on anything smaller, I also have 50" 1080p screen attached but I only use that for watching youtube\movies, the real estate on a 4K is just unbelievable..
Rack 4k (Large).jpg

SSL 4k (Large).jpg
THAT> IS> BAD> ASS!!!!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:I run a Philips 49PUT4900/12 49" 4K sub £300, love it, can't use reason on anything smaller, I also have 50" 1080p screen attached but I only use that for watching youtube\movies, the real estate on a 4K is just unbelievable..
Rack 4k (Large).jpg

SSL 4k (Large).jpg
THAT> IS> BAD> ASS!!!!
I use to hate scrolling about on the SSL but now I really do find I experiment a lot more with it as it's all there.

I do only sit a couple of feet away, so no scaling is needed and when I go away, the screen comes with me (my portable has a new meaning hehehe) :D

EnochLight

23 May 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:I do only sit a couple of feet away, so no scaling is needed and when I go away, the screen comes with me (my portable has a new meaning hehehe) :D
WTF? You carry a 49" panel around with you???!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:I do only sit a couple of feet away, so no scaling is needed and when I go away, the screen comes with me (my portable has a new meaning hehehe) :D

As I said a new meaning to the word portable :D (I can't be without my Reason when I go on holiday... DOH!!! My wife hates me for it LOL)

EnochLight

23 May 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
EnochLight wrote:

As I said a new meaning to the word portable :D (I can't be without my Reason when I go on holiday... DOH!!! My wife hates me for it LOL)
LOL - dude... seriously - my wife would leave me if I took my 49" flat panel with us on vacation. Lol :lol:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

24 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
EnochLight wrote:

LOL - dude... seriously - my wife would leave me if I took my 49" flat panel with us on vacation. Lol :lol:
In life one has to make sacrifices, I have several Rottweilers and we play hard and work hard, they also need down time and they will only settle when you settle, my wife doesn't like sitting around so I'm the one who makes the supreme sacrifice ;) Hard life I know but I find ways to get through it :D ..

Oquasec

24 May 2017

to get that back to normal resolution would yall need to select 1080p on a 4k monitor?
cuz that basically means nothing less than 40 inches for a 4k monitor wtf
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

zeebot

24 May 2017

Haha!! That is insane! :o

Right, I need a 4K projector, no in fact it my mission to bring the rack to the cinema screen!!

In the not too distant future that is....

EnochLight

24 May 2017

zeebot wrote: Right, I need a 4K projector, no in fact it my mission to bring the rack to the cinema screen!!
reasonmst.jpg
reasonmst.jpg (55.56 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
In the not too distant future that is....
Hahaha!!! That's awesome - the wife and I just started watching the new series on Netflix. It does a great job at capturing the vibe of the original. I got my 9 year old to sit through Yongary: Monster from the Deep, and I have to say it was probably the first time I've ever watched Starcrash (Caroline Munro's body as Stella Star FTW!!!!) all of the way through.

Love that show!

zeebot

24 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
Hahaha!!! That's awesome - the wife and I just started watching the new series on Netflix. It does a great job at capturing the vibe of the original. I got my 9 year old to sit through Yongary: Monster from the Deep, and I have to say it was probably the first time I've ever watched Starcrash (Caroline Munro's body as Stella Star FTW!!!!) all of the way through.

Love that show!
Oh I'm an old school fan from way way back, I watched about five minutes of this new one and killed it. If you liked the old show you will like rifftrax.

http://www.rifftrax.com/

They really are crap.

miscend

23 Sep 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
23 May 2017
I run a Philips 49PUT4900/12 49" 4K sub £300, love it, can't use reason on anything smaller, I also have 50" 1080p screen attached but I only use that for watching youtube\movies, the real estate on a 4K is just unbelievable..
Rack 4k (Large).jpg

SSL 4k (Large).jpg

Looks super badass on that 4K. Never understood why people complain about Reason on high DPI displays.

miscend

23 Sep 2019

Is Reason usable at 4K on smaller 27inch displays?

I've read that 27inchs is the optimal display size for desktop viewing distances, as you don't need to turn or tilt your head. The larger the screen the further back you need to sit.

guitfnky

23 Sep 2019

has anyone suggested looking at your PC display settings? I know there are some scaling options that can make things ugly for certain software, if they’re not at default settings.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

EnochLight

23 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
23 Sep 2019
has anyone suggested looking at your PC display settings? I know there are some scaling options that can make things ugly for certain software, if they’re not at default settings.
Reason scales with both Windows and OSX scaling, but since it doesn't support high dpi/4K, it gets blurrier the more you scale it. My displays don't upscale, though, so I can't really test it. Don't most PC displays work at whatever resolution your OS is calling for?
miscend wrote:
23 Sep 2019
Is Reason usable at 4K on smaller 27inch displays?

I've read that 27inchs is the optimal display size for desktop viewing distances, as you don't need to turn or tilt your head. The larger the screen the further back you need to sit.
I guess it depends on one's eyesight. I sit in front of dual 26" monitors, but I sit unusually close due to my crappy vision. I would sit just as close if it was a 4K display that was 50". But if it was a 4K display that was 27", I'd probably have to sit much closer than I currently do unless I scaled Reason up (hello blurry-ville)! :lol: I currently run Reason scaled up 125% via Windows.
Last edited by EnochLight on 23 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

pushedbutton

23 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
23 Sep 2019
I think we resolved the problem. The telly was shit.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

guitfnky

23 Sep 2019

pushedbutton wrote:
23 Sep 2019
guitfnky wrote:
23 Sep 2019
:lol: fair enough.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

zoidkirb

23 Sep 2019

miscend wrote:
23 Sep 2019
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
23 May 2017
Rack 4k (Large).jpg

SSL 4k (Large).jpg

Looks super badass on that 4K. Never understood why people complain about Reason on high DPI displays.
Because 49" displays are an extreme rarity for most users. If you halve that screen size and run 4k you're either gonna be squinting pretty hard, or scaling up into blurry-ness.

boingy

23 Sep 2019

pushedbutton wrote:
23 Sep 2019
guitfnky wrote:
23 Sep 2019
At a price of "free" it was never going to be a cutting edge 4k wonder screen!

• Information