POLL: Has Reason 9.5 caused you to update from an older version?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Has Reason 9.5 caused you to update from an older version?

Yes, I am/was on an older version of Reason and will now upgrade due to the new features in 9.5
73%
No, I will remain on an older version of Reason at this time.
27%

Total votes: 37
EnochLight

06 May 2017

I'm curious if those peeps still on an older version of Reason (from 1.x to 8.x) have upgraded or will be upgrading soon because of the new features in 9.5? If you're on an older version, please vote!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Oquasec

06 May 2017

I had a 360 reaction when it was announced.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

WongoTheSane

06 May 2017

Oquasec wrote:I had a 360 reaction when it was announced.
So, no reaction at all then :D

Oquasec

06 May 2017

I had no reaction. I literally just upgraded 8 to 9 when I saw the announcement and called it a day.
I'll still be rewiring with studio one as usual, but this is big ass news on top of adding propellerhead's own melodyne essentials and piano roll upgrades.
Which is easily 200$ right there if counting the 1000 combinator patches and new modules.
Producer/Programmer.

Zac

06 May 2017

I'm going to upgrade from 7.1 in the next week. I tried R9 for a month when it came out and just about convinced myself I could change my workflow to the new browser but procrastinated. I'm sure I'll adapt and there's so much to gain now.

tiker01

06 May 2017

I suggest adding "I am already using 9"

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Oquasec

06 May 2017

Gonna be experimentin with dualboot windows 10/linux for a bit, so far I'm enjoyin the penguin.
I'd use it if I knew it could run all windows programs honestly.
Producer/Programmer.

moneykube

06 May 2017

tiker01 wrote:I suggest adding "I am already using 9"
yep... was there before the new digs
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

EnochLight

06 May 2017

tiker01 wrote:I suggest adding "I am already using 9"
I'm on 9 already. I just assume anyone on 9.x will automatically upgrade for free. I'm only interested to see how many people are paying to upgrade because of 9.5.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Social Exodus

06 May 2017

I have mixed feelings about this whole idea of VSTs in Reason personally. I already own V9, but I'm not sure I'd upgrade JUST for the VST support myself. What I love about Reason is its' stability and I have a certain amount of concern that the introduction of VSTs might ultimately be a problem in that area. Everyone is on a honeymoon right now (of course) but the first two/three weeks following release might be interesting.

Not trying to be a naysayer, and there are certain VSTs I look forward to being able to use (namely Overloud TH3 and ReMatrix, and my Line 6 POD Farm), but I am not so euphoric as to overlook the potential downsides
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Oquasec

06 May 2017

I'll unretire omnisphere again but it's still not as seamless as "sync all".
Producer/Programmer.

decibel

06 May 2017

im already on 9.2 this will just be an automatic (free) update for me on the 29th ;)

EnochLight

06 May 2017

Siberian Khatru wrote:I have mixed feelings about this whole idea of VSTs in Reason personally. I already own V9, but I'm not sure I'd upgrade JUST for the VST support myself. What I love about Reason is its' stability and I have a certain amount of concern that the introduction of VSTs might ultimately be a problem in that area. Everyone is on a honeymoon right now (of course) but the first two/three weeks following release might be interesting.

Not trying to be a naysayer, and there are certain VSTs I look forward to being able to use (namely Overloud TH3 and ReMatrix, and my Line 6 POD Farm), but I am not so euphoric as to overlook the potential downsides
Well, even if you upgrade to 9.5 for free, it won't change the stability or workflow if you just simply not choose to add VST's to your rack. In fact, you'll get PDC - which many RE's (and native Reason devices) can use, so there's that... :)

Data_Shrine

07 May 2017

I'm new to R9 as well. I love it already, and the 9.5 release will be another game changer. Mainly so I can use Monark, NI Supercharger, Korg Wavestation, and the Limiter n6 in Reason itself without Rewire. I'm all about simplifying my life theses days.
Last edited by Data_Shrine on 07 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Social Exodus

07 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
Siberian Khatru wrote:I have mixed feelings about this whole idea of VSTs in Reason personally. I already own V9, but I'm not sure I'd upgrade JUST for the VST support myself. What I love about Reason is its' stability and I have a certain amount of concern that the introduction of VSTs might ultimately be a problem in that area. Everyone is on a honeymoon right now (of course) but the first two/three weeks following release might be interesting.

Well, even if you upgrade to 9.5 for free, it won't change the stability or workflow if you just simply not choose to add VST's to your rack. In fact, you'll get PDC - which many RE's (and native Reason devices) can use, so there's that... :)
As I said, I already have Reason 9 so obviously, I'll take the 9.5 upgrade. I'm sure it will be fine overall, but VSTs do tend to crash at times.

Seriously, if it remains just as stable WITH the addition of VST support, I can see myself using only Reason. I have to figure Reason will be at least as stable as any other DAW using VSTs, but with Propellerhead my expectations are always higher in this regard.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Djstarski

07 May 2017

I also am on 9.2 . So i will be upgrading for free . I do not use any VST`s right now but i will be downloading some free VST`s just to take Reason 9.5 for a spin . If the addition of VST`s for some reason doesn't float my boat , i will still have Reason . What i worked out is , i`m not losing anything in Reason i`m gaining something . The 9.2 version will still be there if and when i need it .

The Tone Ranger

07 May 2017

I was already on Reason 9 so can't update that. However I will be updating some VST's that are not the latest versions.

pushedbutton

07 May 2017

I'm on 9.2 and I will refuse the update to 9.5.

....Just Kidding.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

EnochLight

07 May 2017

pushedbutton wrote:I'm on 9.2 and I will refuse the update to 9.5.

....Just Kidding.
LOL!!!
Oh You and Friends.jpg
Oh You and Friends.jpg (52.31 KiB) Viewed 2741 times

OldSchoolSkunk

07 May 2017

I'm on the old version of 9.2.2 I don't know if I have enough space for it.. I mean... what was in all the 0.2.8 versions in between to make this update? VST support code must be huge... ;)

EnochLight

09 May 2017

Only 18 votes? Come on peeps - there has to be more of you out there on earlier versions that have been mulling over this??

EnochLight

09 May 2017

* BUMP *

EnochLight

10 May 2017

*BUMP*

SoundStruggler

10 May 2017

I haven't decided yet, but if I upgrade it will be to get the VST version of KORG M1. I have a standalone version that is NOT VST that I connect with LoopBe, which has it's downside where I have to make adjustments in Reason with Groove to get it in sync (which seems to have different values whenever I start Reason) and a problem with noise in one of my sound cards that I use to record the Korg M1 to Reason, where I have to use another software to filter out the noise. Also the free LoopBe version only allows ONE instance of Korg which is another limitating factor.

But I will wait and see how VST support turns out to work within the Reason environment. Will we get the same stability that Reason is known for or will it cause issues. Mattias said they'll do it the Propellerhead way though so I guess it will turn out nice. :-)

Raveshaper

10 May 2017

This poll needs a third option that says "I upgraded to version 9, but not because of VST". I upgraded to collaborate, not because of this announcement. And because it's a free point update for me because of that, I really don't have a lot of involvement in that decision of whether to invest in 9.5 or not.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

• Information