Reason was such a close tight Forum

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MDTerps2015

02 May 2017

I think this forum will explode once 9.5 comes out. I mean you see the same names in here everyday and the same people responding and asking questions which is all fine. After this next release, I sure there are some loyalist to there DAW's but I will bet the will be noobs in here like never before asking questions that we've seen a thousand times phrased different ways. I would like to know what everyone else thinks about the PROPS Forum and the probable onslaught of noobs joining our forum. Im all in and welcome everyone.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

aeox
Competition Winner

02 May 2017

we're all noobs :)

bpmorton

02 May 2017

that's what forums are for.

bunja

02 May 2017

You was a newb once , treat people how you want to be treated.

CephaloPod

02 May 2017

The more the merrier.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

Oquasec

02 May 2017

This forum is no where near mainstream.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

ravisoni

03 May 2017

Oquasec wrote:This forum is no where near mainstream.
I'm not sure about the purpose of your reply. Do you want it to be mainstream? Do you not want it to be mainstream? I mean you just stated something and left it at that, and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why you said that.
Are you lambasting it? Or perhaps think that it has some shortcomings due to why it's not mainstream, and perhaps would like to tell more about how to make it mainstream?
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

Oquasec

03 May 2017

I could care less. if it gets mainstream, it has a better chance of lasting ages.
Who gives a fuck about manuals these days [That one guy] :lol:
Producer/Programmer.

ravisoni

03 May 2017

Oquasec wrote:I could care less. if it gets mainstream, it has a better chance of lasting ages.
You could care less? You mean you have the ability to care a little bit less than you do now? And if you meant you couldn't care less, you couldn't care less about it going or not going mainstream? If you don't care enough about it going mainstream, why did you even make the effort to type the first reply anyway?
I'm still curious dude, this is some really deep stuff for a random May Tuesday night. I mean there's so much to say and you chose to say exactly what you did. There must be a purpose behind it?
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

Kenni
Site Admin

03 May 2017

This is not a props forum.

Also, people "slaughtering" noobs for no apparent reason will get banned. :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

ThisIsNotTheMusic

03 May 2017

I'm not sure why anyone would be concerned about this. Personally I'd love the opportunity to help someone out with even the most basic query. There is no such thing as a noob here, as we are all just Reason users - as far as I'm concerned anyway.
https://soundcloud.com/hissotheusic

In space, no one can hear your song ....

Oquasec

03 May 2017

The daw gives you the fundamentals of theory like scales/chords and the natural theory you learn when producing tons of wips with the occasional finished track.

Then you have chord formulas such as the spacing for each note.
you can find the formula to find any 2-5 note chords that exist but you'd need to still count semitones if they aren't a part of your muscle memory.

Sheet music should take a week to get comfy in, and a few years to treat like a piano roll. [treating musescore like it's and rpg-8]
And now reason has a feature like fl studio where the names like mixolydian are in there so you know what to call each thing.
Reason 5 is really simple compared to newer version also, coming in at a whopping 400 pages versus 1000+.
FL Studio 12 is probably pushing the 2000+ range by now with their manuals, which would be 1/3rd of an ongoing manga series.
Last edited by Oquasec on 03 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.

Ashpool

03 May 2017

The best answers arise from simple questions! that's why I think that the ReasonTalk community can benefit from new users joining the platform.

On the other hand: People are different. And the more people are joining the more comments will be posted. What is a good thing! But that also means that the threads here will get more complicated to read. I mean, some users seem just to enjoy to see their posts counting up no matter what. And the result are a lot of meaningless comments between the helpful ones. In the end you have to read more to find a useful Information.

Kenni
Site Admin

03 May 2017

You will probably experience us doing heavier moderation if and when the user base grows.

Reasontalk has always been about the good tone and the on-topic replies that is useful for all. We want to keep it that way. :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Ashpool

03 May 2017

Yes, I think you'll get a lot more work to do ;)

Oquasec

03 May 2017

Producer/Programmer.

EdGrip

03 May 2017

ravisoni wrote:
You could care less? You mean you have the ability to care a little bit less than you do now?
Aww, leave the poor Americans alone, with their weird phrase. They've got enough on their plate already at the moment.

EdGrip

03 May 2017

ThisIsNotTheMusic wrote:I'm not sure why anyone would be concerned about this. Personally I'd love the opportunity to help someone out with even the most basic query. There is no such thing as a noob here, as we are all just Reason users - as far as I'm concerned anyway.
This, 100% ^

KonBrio

03 May 2017

I don't even know why they created the forums in the first place. Facebook is way more robust for group discussions now.

KonBrio

03 May 2017

Hey PROPS, START AN OFFICIAL FACEBOOK GROUP.

KonBrio

03 May 2017

When it comes to feature requests, they can make one thread that all users comment their requests. Which ever comments gets the most Likes, should be the focus of the next Reason update.

But this is just an idea, and I am just a consumer.

zeebot

03 May 2017

I posted about this in another thread. Personally I couldn't care less whether Reason has VST or not, it's not something I ever called for or needed as I dropped VSTs years ago but I guess it's great that a lot of users have finally got what they were asking for and it will indeed bring a whole new group to the wonders of reason but there are going to be firstly A LOT of questions about how to do this or that but there is also going to be A LOT of complaints that Reason doesn't do this or that like (insert DAW).
There is already a bit of batch over on KVR about how the VSTs function in Reason and it has only been in beta for a few days!
I hope props are ready for that.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

scratchnsnifff

03 May 2017

I agree with whoever said treat others how you wish to be treated, the ethical philosophy of "the golden rule" should be strongly applied imo, that's. Because starting out is rough learning all this stuff is a new language at first and the production world is a world of secrets that we are all trying to unlock. Basically just be nice :D
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Oquasec

03 May 2017

The beta is something I am not concerned with one bit, as it is the beta, used for ironing out bugs.
They are busy, and will have most of you in there by next monday.

The only way to save tracks in the beta will be exporting everything as midi and stems. :ugeek:
Producer/Programmer.

QVprod

03 May 2017

KonBrio wrote:I don't even know why they created the forums in the first place. Facebook is way more robust for group discussions now.
KonBrio wrote:Hey PROPS, START AN OFFICIAL FACEBOOK GROUP.
We are not Propellerhead (if you weren't aware). However the benefit of a forum over a facebook group is that it's easier to follow a discussion. Facebook Groups are not good for that. Comments get nested with several different threads al in one post. Sometimes you want to go back to an old post, It's harder to that on FB without scrolling for eternity. Here we have a search function. This forum was started when Propellerhead's forum closed down

• Information