Like the ReasonTalk Facebook Page for a chance to win

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
eusti

09 May 2017

Kenni wrote:
stratatonic wrote:
Kenni wrote:
stratatonic wrote:Hey, who's paying for this? Is ReasonTalk Propellerhead's official forum now? :puf_bigsmile:
Haha, we're really not. ReasonTalk is paying for this :)
So how is ReasonTalk paying for this? And how is ReasonTalk paying for the site? On KVR I see ads on the site, but none here.
Out of our own pockets.
Thank you for that, Kenni! :)

D.

tiker01

09 May 2017

Kenni wrote:
stratatonic wrote:
Kenni wrote:
stratatonic wrote:Hey, who's paying for this? Is ReasonTalk Propellerhead's official forum now? :puf_bigsmile:
So how is ReasonTalk paying for this? And how is ReasonTalk paying for the site? On KVR I see ads on the site, but none here.
Out of our own pockets.

Kenni is too humble. :D

Let me take the chance and raise your attention that we have a DONATE button on the bottom of the main site.
Here is the URL: http://bit.ly/2q1SWWr

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Kenni
Site Admin

09 May 2017

Well, I like the notion of ReasonTalk being a "we" thing including the users, regardless of how its being funded :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

stratatonic

09 May 2017

Kenni wrote:
stratatonic wrote:
Kenni wrote:
Out of our own pockets.
Hmmm...I wouldn't mind a couple ads here and there on the site.And now you can hit some deep pocketed VST developers to help out!

stratatonic

09 May 2017

tiker01 wrote:
Kenni wrote:
stratatonic wrote:
Kenni wrote:
Out of our own pockets.

Kenni is too humble. :D

Let me take the chance and raise your attention that we have a DONATE button on the bottom of the main site.
Here is the URL: http://bit.ly/2q1SWWr
Ahh...ok, I can see now how ReasonTalk is paying for the Rack Extension...and this place...

Kenni
Site Admin

09 May 2017

stratatonic wrote:Ahh...ok, I can see now how ReasonTalk is paying for the Rack Extension...and this place...
To be honest, we didn't get that many donations. A few core users made some very generous contributions which we are very grateful for, but in the end we don't want to rely on our users backing the project with anything but knowledge, advice and fruitful discussions in the forum :)

Ad's could be a thing. We've even talked about it, but we all agree that we don't really like ad's. Maybe if we could build a system where developers could buy ad space for a month for cheap so that the ad's we actually had were 100% relevant to the site, then it might be an option, but it's not really something we prioritize at all. In 2017, the cost of running a few servers in the cloud is more than manageable!
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

siln

09 May 2017

already liked a long time ago, but coulnt say no to a r9 upgrade ;)

sequence

10 May 2017

like it on facebook,

do someone know if the facebook account need to be connected the username here on reasontalk somehow?

Kenni
Site Admin

10 May 2017

sequence wrote:like it on facebook,

do someone know if the facebook account need to be connected the username here on reasontalk somehow?
It doesn't :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

stratatonic

10 May 2017

Kenni wrote:
stratatonic wrote:Ahh...ok, I can see now how ReasonTalk is paying for the Rack Extension...and this place...
To be honest, we didn't get that many donations. A few core users made some very generous contributions which we are very grateful for, but in the end we don't want to rely on our users backing the project with anything but knowledge, advice and fruitful discussions in the forum :)

Ad's could be a thing. We've even talked about it, but we all agree that we don't really like ad's. Maybe if we could build a system where developers could buy ad space for a month for cheap so that the ad's we actually had were 100% relevant to the site, then it might be an option, but it's not really something we prioritize at all. In 2017, the cost of running a few servers in the cloud is more than manageable!
Well, personally, I wouldn't mind a couple of ads. But Propellerhead must be giving you something for hosting their Beta forum. They'd be real shits if they didn't.

Stodge

12 May 2017

Hi everyone!

New member to the forum, I have liked your FB page and cant wait to get involved in some of the discussions and threads!

I've been using reason now for about 7 years and started back on version 4, I'm currently on version 8 and definitely upgrading to 9 when 9.5 is released! :thumbs_up:
Windows 10 HP i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz, Reason 9.5 :reason:, AKAI MPK 49, Audio Intimidation s2000 floorstanding speakers, W-Audio DA300 Amplifier
https://www.facebook.com/DJStodge/
https://soundcloud.com/dj-stodge

Kenni
Site Admin

12 May 2017

Cool, welcome aboard! :)
Stodge wrote:Hi everyone!

New member to the forum, I have liked your FB page and cant wait to get involved in some of the discussions and threads!

I've been using reason now for about 7 years and started back on version 4, I'm currently on version 8 and definitely upgrading to 9 when 9.5 is released! :thumbs_up:
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Reasonistas
RE Developer

12 May 2017

Full support fellas.
ReasonTalk Giveaway.png
ReasonTalk Giveaway.png (134.05 KiB) Viewed 1852 times
ImageImageImage

Kenni
Site Admin

16 May 2017

Noel G. wrote:Full support fellas.
Thanks man, much appreciated!

I'm afraid we wont make it before May Madness ends, which is a shame to be honest.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

calebbrennan

16 May 2017

As an avowed synth nerd

I'm still mainly a guitar player and I appreciate all the advice people here gave me on my modulating my guitar tracks
using Thor, Maelstrum and Pulverizer.

After exploring the possiblities of these Rack devices Pulverizer proved to be the most efficient and versatile but it layout and instructions are really lacking. Thor has the best Chorus

I really think Prop heads and RE developers are missing an opportunity here to create emulations of the best guitar pedals.

They have already done it with the Echo which is an emulation of the famous "Echoplex"

Re developers could create simple two or three knob RE's with design skin that look like the most famous pedals

a Octavia, bigg muff, Ibenez Dyna comp
all the favorites of guitarist.

Sell these at 10 to 14 dollars and the volume of sales would be enormous!

Yes I know how to do it myself with a scream and a pulverizer, but for example I could never get the Octavia sound with neptune

tor

16 May 2017

Nice :) May the luckiest man win :reason:
:reason: Rocks!

Kenni
Site Admin

19 May 2017

We've found a winner!

Thank you to all for your support. The winner has been announced here :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

• Information