Does anyone else think it is a mistake to allow Reason Essentials to support VST?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Bunja

13 May 2017

stratatonic wrote:
Bunja wrote:pitch editing is all i'm missing from that list , and you forgot no kong and malstrom , no apreggiator , no neptune and smaller sound bank or orkestor etc ,
all things i dont need ( albeit neptune or pitch edit)
you either need these things or you don't
i didnt before i had full reason 7 ( sold it for 160 and got essentials 9 for 50 quid needed cash dont ask ) and i don't miss much of anything the recycle type feature to quantize audio is the main thing i wanted , i did feel sad i haven't got the pitch edit , players id never use them tbh , but now if i want with vst i could add some pitch editor plug ins ,
as it is i've downloaded gsnap and zplane vielklang cm
if there not good enough waves tune lt is only 24 dollars somewhere
or the full one is only a bit more , ( or other options )

i wasnt sad even before vst because we had some good rack extensions

the only problem there was lack of some third party vocal editing RE
like i said , i think reason will make version 10 massive

(edit) couple of refills i had from before i had to discard for essentials ( refill support is crappy , but i have expanse , reason drums and bass , and i use nnxt and redrum kits from them packs so having less choices suits a procrastinator like me lol

but all in all reason essentials is a good thing for me , i wouldn't have upgraded anyway even if we never got vst
i was using sony acid music studio 10 for a few few vst plugins, 9.5 means i can ditch that bollox, in fact i already did gave it to my guitar playing brother ,he just wants to record audio so its fine for him , peace
Yeah, your results may vary. If you are into real world instruments - bass, guitars, drums, pianos, vocals, ... I think Essentials is a great deal. Lots of great refills you can use, and with VST support, synths and other sampled instruments and FX plugs to cover the missing functionality in the main program.l.

If you like playing with LFOs and CV and modular, then you might find you want to move on to the main program.

I'm sure that there will be some surprises in Reason 10 not offered in Essentials that will make you want to get the bigger version. Pure speculation, of course. :D
Proberly mate

FilthyGuns

19 Aug 2017

Thank you Propellerhead for making this product. I am neither poor nor is the full-version price point beyond me by any means, but as someone that's an old-school tracker(Screamtracker) and just loves creating music and exercising their creative talents every now and then, Reason Essentials is perfectly priced for me getting back into making music after an almost 10-year absence.

I deeply thank you for providing software that allows someone such as myself to discover, or re-discover, doing something purely out of love.

jappe

19 Aug 2017

FilthyGuns wrote:
19 Aug 2017
Thank you Propellerhead for making this product. I am neither poor nor is the full-version price point beyond me by any means, but as someone that's an old-school tracker(Screamtracker) and just loves creating music and exercising their creative talents every now and then, Reason Essentials is perfectly priced for me getting back into making music after an almost 10-year absence.

I deeply thank you for providing software that allows someone such as myself to discover, or re-discover, doing something purely out of love.
Welcome to the forum!

Oquasec

20 Aug 2017

Nope, it makes up for it being a gimped ass version of the main product.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Matfink

16 Sep 2017

FilthyGuns wrote:
19 Aug 2017

+1, same boat here (but about 20 years absence!) so dipping toe back in :)

From using Essentials for a few weeks, the main things I'd want to upgrade for are:
- MIDI out
- Arpeggiator - can't use a VST due to midi restrictions.
- Kong
- The Echo

EnochLight

16 Sep 2017

Matfink wrote:
16 Sep 2017
+1, same boat here (but about 20 years absence!) so dipping toe back in :)

From using Essentials for a few weeks, the main things I'd want to upgrade for are:
- Arpeggiator - can't use a VST due to midi restrictions.
The full version of Reason doesn't support VST MIDI fx yet either, so you'd still be missing that feature if you upgraded. But yeah, Kong and Echo are awesome! :)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Matfink

16 Sep 2017

EnochLight wrote:
16 Sep 2017
The full version of Reason doesn't support VST MIDI fx yet either, so you'd still be missing that feature if you upgraded.
Bugger :(

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2017

Oquasec wrote:
30 Apr 2017

Fl studio only charges you arms and legs for their plugins to make up for the free lifetime updates. [You're not reselling it in your lifetime either]
Nor are we selling RackExtensions , even with our accounts...

I like the idea that Reason is offering an option for newcomers which includes VST despite my terrible time with 9.5 - which is surely down to me messing up somewhere , rather than something within the software.

• Information