So will Stand Alone Plug-ins Work in Reason 9.5 ?..

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
CharlyCharlzz

28 Apr 2017

I wonder if stand alone plug-ins will Work with this VST integration thing ?!?!?
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

normen

28 Apr 2017

Stand-alone plugin? That seems like an oxymoron?

Social Exodus

28 Apr 2017

normen wrote:Stand-alone plugin? That seems like an oxymoron?
You can take something like the POD Farm for example, and run it without it being in a DAW. Not sure why this question was asked since any "Plug-In" that can also run "Stand Alone" doesn't need ANY DAW to operate.

Personally, I use POD Farm and Overloud's TH3 and ReMatrix very often in Stand-Alone modes.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

CharlyCharlzz

28 Apr 2017

Siberian Khatru wrote:
normen wrote:Stand-alone plugin? That seems like an oxymoron?
You can take something like the POD Farm for example, and run it without it being in a DAW. Not sure why this question was asked since any "Plug-In" that can also run "Stand Alone" doesn't need ANY DAW to operate.

Personally, I use POD Farm and Overloud's TH3 and ReMatrix very often in Stand-Alone modes.
Sorry @Normen not plug-ins then indeed ..

we can already use stand alone by splitting the sound card and use that midi RE thing I think , I remember had it working once anyway but it was only recording the Audio so ...

what I wonder is will a stand alone app will work and if yes will it work like vst's ?

chimp_spanner

28 Apr 2017

Still not sure I understand the question? If it's a VST plugin, it doesn't matter if it's standalone or not. If it works in a VST host, it will work in Reason. So for example, so far I've tried Reaktor, Kontakt, Massive, Serum, FM8, Superior Drummer, Bazille, Halion Sonic 2 and maybe a few others (including effects like POD Farm, Guitar Rig 5, some free amp VSTs, etc). Most of these have standalone versions but not all (I think?). They all work either way!

normen

28 Apr 2017

Yeah, what chimp said. Most instruments that can run standalone also work as VST so that would be the best solution to use them in Reason then.

ejanuska

28 Apr 2017

Makes me wonder if NI Maschine can be run as a VST.

The Tone Ranger

28 Apr 2017

ejanuska wrote:Makes me wonder if NI Maschine can be run as a VST.
I don't see why not.

Oquasec

28 Apr 2017

The emi module is for executable, THAT MODULE IS FOR EXE :lol:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Jagwah

28 Apr 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:Still not sure I understand the question? If it's a VST plugin, it doesn't matter if it's standalone or not. If it works in a VST host, it will work in Reason. So for example, so far I've tried Reaktor, Kontakt, Massive, Serum, FM8, Superior Drummer, Bazille, Halion Sonic 2 and maybe a few others (including effects like POD Farm, Guitar Rig 5, some free amp VSTs, etc). Most of these have standalone versions but not all (I think?). They all work either way!
Wow, just wow :D

Jagwah

28 Apr 2017

When The Terminator said: "Old, not obsolete" was he talking about the EMI device?

CharlyCharlzz

30 Apr 2017

well normaly a vst/au that also got a stand-alone version included is pretty rare these days , for exemple I got a standalone version of a software that came with a hardware so they can work together , if I want the vst I must buy it .
I got work arounds to record the audio but I wonder if it's something possible .

CharlyCharlzz

09 May 2017

Shamona

• Information