Reason 9.5 – VST in Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

31 May 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
As I said...
Easy there tiger
??? :?:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Oquasec

31 May 2017

That actually did work for me in the beta : / now it just shifts the knob.
(Altho that beta did have a few updates every 3-5 days)
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

EnochLight

31 May 2017

Oquasec wrote:That actually did work for me in the beta : / now it just shifts the knob.
Strange. Not sure how I missed that (nor the other hundreds of testers). Maybe they'll add it back in at some future point, as there must have been a reason why it was removed.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

AttenuationHz

31 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
Oquasec wrote:That actually did work for me in the beta : / now it just shifts the knob.
Strange. Not sure how I missed that (nor the other hundreds of testers). Maybe they'll add it back in at some future point, as there must have been a reason why it was removed.
Because whatever it broke could not be fixed on time most likely and instead of breaking the update they just disabled it. As I said. Rushed!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Oquasec

31 May 2017

I wonder if it interfered with the buttons at the top somehow...I haven't tried reason's remote override feature yet
Producer/Programmer.

EnochLight

31 May 2017

AttenuationHz wrote: Because whatever it broke could not be fixed on time most likely and instead of breaking the update they just disabled it. As I said. Rushed!
Easy there tiger. ;)

AttenuationHz

31 May 2017

Oquasec wrote:I wonder if it interfered with the buttons at the top somehow...I haven't tried reason's remote override feature yet
Who knows? It is the way it is lets hope they implement it!

There is so many other features that need an overhaul though.

Adding plug-ins to a favorites list is going to need to be done. So many devices already in reason it was hard to navigate as it was. Now we have even more devices at our disposal its a bit of a cluster fuck trying to find them. Favorites in the right click menu was suggested a long time ago!

Anyone know if saving a default patch for a plug-in will open that patch when creating a new device? Is there a pre-defined location for presets?
EnochLight wrote:
AttenuationHz wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
As I said...
Easy there tiger
??? :?:
EnochLight wrote:
AttenuationHz wrote: Because whatever it broke could not be fixed on time most likely and instead of breaking the update they just disabled it. As I said. Rushed!
Easy there tiger. ;)
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Oquasec

31 May 2017

lol
Producer/Programmer.

EnochLight

31 May 2017

LMAO

AttenuationHz

31 May 2017

Getting the very odd audio glitch with multiple plug-in windows pinned on 1024 buffer anyone else notice that its a big audio stutter. I upped the buffer to 2048 not heard it yet.

wendylou

31 May 2017

Anyone have Korg Wavestation VST? I'm trying to map my Nektar Panorama P6 Patch + and Patch - buttons to cycle through the VST PROG but don't seem to be able to do this. Also, only the default ROM1 bank patches are selectable without opening the VST. Once I select a new ROM bank and patch, it is playable, but still only the default ROM1 sounds appear when you click on VST PROG. Is this known to be a current limitation of VSTs, something problematic to this particular VST, or something to be overcome in a future implementation of VSTs in Reason? Perhaps this is also that KORG is using it's own patch and bank browser?

At the moment, I can see saving that sound as it's own patch I suppose, or also just get used to the idea that I load up a VST instance of the sound I want to use rather than trying to remotely scroll through all the sounds.
Attachments
wavestation-vst.jpg
wavestation-vst.jpg (92.65 KiB) Viewed 2504 times
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

AttenuationHz

01 Jun 2017

:lol: Just realised what that screenshot button does.

What does the delay comp number represent anyone? Samples?
wendylou wrote:Anyone have Korg Wavestation VST? I'm trying to map my Nektar Panorama P6 Patch + and Patch - buttons to cycle through the VST PROG but don't seem to be able to do this. Also, only the default ROM1 bank patches are selectable without opening the VST. Once I select a new ROM bank and patch, it is playable, but still only the default ROM1 sounds appear when you click on VST PROG. Is this known to be a current limitation of VSTs, something problematic to this particular VST, or something to be overcome in a future implementation of VSTs in Reason? Perhaps this is also that KORG is using it's own patch and bank browser?

At the moment, I can see saving that sound as it's own patch I suppose, or also just get used to the idea that I load up a VST instance of the sound I want to use rather than trying to remotely scroll through all the sounds.
Can you right click the next patch and remote override?

RodJustice

02 Jun 2017

Hi all,

Since installing 9.5 with VSTs I am getting severe crackling and slowdown when working on 4 ot 5 loops with just a few VSTs along the chain.

I have a HP Z820 with 16 Cores and 128GB Ram.

I've tried changing buffer settings and also disabled Hyper threading as well as play with preferences.

All my drivers are up to date but still this NOISE.

Any help/advice etc would be HIGHLY appreciated.

Cheers
Rod!

wendylou

02 Jun 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:Can you right click the next patch and remote override?
Yes but it doesn't work as KORG uses a pseudo LCD display for most controls, bank and patch selections, thus the problem. The only real controls that are mappable are like the X-Y vector joystick. No biggie, I'll use KORGs bank and patch controls to preview sounds and select there way.
Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 6.56.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 6.56.57 AM.png (341.04 KiB) Viewed 2329 times
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

EnochLight

02 Jun 2017

RodJustice wrote:Hi all,

Since installing 9.5 with VSTs I am getting severe crackling and slowdown when working on 4 ot 5 loops with just a few VSTs along the chain.

I've tried changing buffer settings and also disabled Hyper threading as well as play with preferences.

Cheers
Rod!
I'm assuming you have a Xeon? If so, what's the model and clock speed? Regardless, you shouldn't be getting pop/crackle or slowdown on that thing - my old quad-core i7 3770k can get a lot more than just a few VST's. Are you using integrated graphics or a dedicated graphics card?

AttenuationHz

02 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote:

Cheers
Rod!
I'm assuming you have a Xeon? If so, what's the model and clock speed? Regardless, you shouldn't be getting pop/crackle or slowdown on that thing - my old quad-core i7 3770k can get a lot more than just a few VST's. Are you using integrated graphics or a dedicated graphics card?
I didn't think graphics card had any impact on reason has that changed recently?

EnochLight

02 Jun 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:I didn't think graphics card had any impact on reason has that changed recently?
On Windows, no - It shouldn't, but anything is possible I suppose. Bad drivers, etc. On Mac, there have been issues reported with OSX's auto-switching between integrated graphics and dedicated graphics, causing poor performance in Reason on certain displays.

Pretty sure his Xeon workstation is a PC, though.

MirEko

02 Jun 2017

So finally had a play with 9.5, via the demo.
Very impressive, was running 6 instances of Reaktor5 and a whole bunch of RE and DSP was hovering around 2bars o_0 really good
The reaktor instruments were:
2xRazor
Prism
ScannerXT
Ultraloop
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

selig
RE Developer

02 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote:
AttenuationHz wrote:I didn't think graphics card had any impact on reason has that changed recently?
On Windows, no - It shouldn't, but anything is possible I suppose. Bad drivers, etc. On Mac, there have been issues reported with OSX's auto-switching between integrated graphics and dedicated graphics, causing poor performance in Reason on certain displays.

Pretty sure his Xeon workstation is a PC, though.
This is only for some Mac laptops, right? They are the only systems that have multiple graphics drives, IIRC.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

kuhliloach

02 Jun 2017

Cheers
Rod!
anything big hogging memory in the background in the way of other apps? what about more than one Reason project open at the same time? i know this seems obvious but just checking

RodJustice

02 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote:

Cheers
Rod!

Hi there, yes. DUAL XEON CPU E5-2560 v2 @ 2.60 (16 Cores) 128GB RAM with Quadro K5000 Graphics Card. How do I check clock speed? BIG THANKS:)

EnochLight

02 Jun 2017

RodJustice wrote:Hi there, yes. DUAL XEON CPU E5-2560 v2 @ 2.60 (16 Cores) 128GB RAM with Quadro K5000 Graphics Card. How do I check clock speed? BIG THANKS:)
Isn't that your clock speed above (2.6 Ghz)? I was just wondering if you were overclocking...

Regardless, your machine is more than ample to power through some VST in Reason (as well as Rack Extensions)! There must be something else going on. I'd submit a report to Propellerhead and see if they can sort you out.

RodJustice

02 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote:
RodJustice wrote:Hi there, yes. DUAL XEON CPU E5-2560 v2 @ 2.60 (16 Cores) 128GB RAM with Quadro K5000 Graphics Card. How do I check clock speed? BIG THANKS:)
Isn't that your clock speed above (2.6 Ghz)? I was just wondering if you were overclocking...

Regardless, your machine is more than ample to power through some VST in Reason (as well as Rack Extensions)! There must be something else going on. I'd submit a report to Propellerhead and see if they can sort you out.

Will do that for sure. Cheers:)

RodJustice

02 Jun 2017

MattiasHG wrote:We're extremely happy and proud to announce Reason 9.5!

This free update to Reason 9 includes VST support and delay compensation. It'll be available at May 29th. Of course it wouldn't be Reason if we didn't do VST our way, so we've implemented this in a way I think you'll really like. Make sure you check out all the info and the video here:

https://www.propellerheads.se/reason-95

Let the forum madness ensue! :D

Hi,

I have a HP Z820 with 16 Cores and 128GB Ram. (DUAL XEON CPU E5-2560 v2 @ 2.60 (16 Cores) 128GB RAM with Quadro K5000 Graphics Card).

Cheers
Rod!

EnochLight

02 Jun 2017

RodJustice wrote:
MattiasHG wrote:We're extremely happy and proud to announce Reason 9.5!

This free update to Reason 9 includes VST support and delay compensation. It'll be available at May 29th. Of course it wouldn't be Reason if we didn't do VST our way, so we've implemented this in a way I think you'll really like. Make sure you check out all the info and the video here:

https://www.propellerheads.se/reason-95

Let the forum madness ensue! :D

Hi,

I have a HP Z820 with 16 Cores and 128GB Ram. (DUAL XEON CPU E5-2560 v2 @ 2.60 (16 Cores) 128GB RAM with Quadro K5000 Graphics Card).

Cheers
Rod!
I strongly suggest you submit an actual bug report through the proper channels (your account). You've got a 50/50 chance of your thread being seen by a Propllehrhead employee who can actually help.

• Information