Reason 9.5 – VST in Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
steveterhune

29 May 2017

I see no "upgrade" link. Are we to download the entire program entitled "download reason 9.5"?

Scoobyman II

29 May 2017

steveterhune wrote:I see no "upgrade" link. Are we to download the entire program entitled "download reason 9.5"?
Same question.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

29 May 2017

Scoobyman II wrote:
steveterhune wrote:I see no "upgrade" link. Are we to download the entire program entitled "download reason 9.5"?
Same question.
If you have Reason 9, launch the application. There will be an automatic update prompt at the top of the window :)

Scoobyman II

29 May 2017

MattiasHG wrote:
Scoobyman II wrote:
Same question.
If you have Reason 9, launch the application. There will be an automatic update prompt at the top of the window :)
Thank you. I actually went to my products on the Props site, then went to download 9 and it links me to 9.5.

laperuk

29 May 2017

hello guys, does someone else have issues with VST scanning ?
none of my VST's appear in reason 9.5 or in the plugin manager window...
all of them are 64bit and in the specified folder (/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST).
any ideas ?
thanks

22ndCenturyStudio

29 May 2017

laperuk wrote:hello guys, does someone else have issues with VST scanning ?
all of them are 64bit and in the specified folder (/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST).
any ideas ?
thanks
This is what I was afraid of,ever since the inclusion of VST support was announced.I am in the process of downloading 9.5 now.I will let you know what happens on my end,once I have it installed.

Redster

29 May 2017

Edit>Preferences>Advanced>VST Plugin Folders>Add and then point it wherever you like. You can have multiple folders. Any 64 bit plug will show up on the next restart.

Re8et
Competition Winner

29 May 2017

Everything up and running :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
HYE.JPG
HYE.JPG (483.22 KiB) Viewed 4598 times
Last edited by Re8et on 29 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

laperuk

29 May 2017

Redster wrote:Edit>Preferences>Advanced>VST Plugin Folders>Add and then point it wherever you like. You can have multiple folders. Any 64 bit plug will show up on the next restart.
yep, this is of the 1st thing i did.
nothing changed. :(

EnochLight

29 May 2017

22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
any ideas ?
thanks
This is what I was afraid of,ever since the inclusion of VST support was announced.I am in the process of downloading 9.5 now.I will let you know what happens on my end,once I have it installed.
laperuk wrote:
Redster wrote:Edit>Preferences>Advanced>VST Plugin Folders>Add and then point it wherever you like. You can have multiple folders. Any 64 bit plug will show up on the next restart.
Reason is absolutely no different from any other DAW in this regard (except for the restart part) - after you point Reason to all of your VST folders in Preferences, restart Reason, and it will scan your directories for all 64-bit plugins. @laperuk - if you've done this yet Reason 9.5 still doesn't show any VST available in your browser or plugin manager window, do your VST show up in any other DAW?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

22ndCenturyStudio

29 May 2017

Hmm...after I extracted the Zip folder,I could not find the installer.Both my Reason 8 & 9 versions are in my Downloads folder,but not Reason 9.5.What did I do wrong?Did I overlook something?

EnochLight

29 May 2017

22ndCenturyStudio wrote:Hmm...after I extracted the Zip folder,I could not find the installer.Both my Reason 8 & 9 versions are in my Downloads folder,but not Reason 9.5.What did I do wrong?Did I overlook something?
Are talking about the 9.5 update or VST's? If you're talking about the 9.5 update, then you must have downloaded it to a different folder by accident. What did you use to download it? A download manager? A web browser?

If you just launch Reason 9.x, you can also download it from within Reason (though your speeds may or may not suck right now).

*EDIT - I just noticed you said "extract". My bad - were you using WinRar or WinZip to extract the file? If so, are you sure you extracted it to the folder in question? If not, extract it again and pay attention to where you're extracting it. Also, refresh your window (F5 on Windows or right-click => Refresh) to make sure your OS isn't having issues drawing it on screen.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Last Alternative

29 May 2017

Got 9.5 - very nice! The Props video didn't even mention the automatic delay compensation. Found the button though and it says 192. Sounds a little better already. Or maybe it's just in my head. Otherwise VST and delay comp, is anything else new?
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

EnochLight

29 May 2017

Last Alternative wrote:Got 9.5 - very nice! The Props video didn't even mention the automatic delay compensation. Found the button though and it says 192. Sounds a little better already. Or maybe it's just in my head. Otherwise VST and delay comp, is anything else new?
Delay comp shouldn't make it sound any different at all (and is off by default for old projects), unless you had some phasing issues in said projects. As for everything else new:
  • Added support for VST 2.4 instrument, effect and utility plug-ins
  • Added Delay Compensation functionality
  • Added Export Device Remote Info function to File menu, allowing you to export a text file with Remote-ables for selected device
  • Updated Reason Patch Collection with minor text and bug fixes
  • Improved handling of hidden displays in Rack Extensions
  • Improved error reports and statistics
https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason ... ease-notes

Oquasec

29 May 2017

They released it early. shit. Works nice though, quite bug free :]
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

moneykube

29 May 2017

had a couple crashes (3)first time it read vst plugs... but it continued on after I reopened... once scanned all seems good... perhaps 3 bad plugs
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

29 May 2017

Last Alternative wrote:Got 9.5 - very nice! The Props video didn't even mention the automatic delay compensation. Found the button though and it says 192. Sounds a little better already. Or maybe it's just in my head. Otherwise VST and delay comp, is anything else new?
mentioned in their live stream vst unveiling
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Oquasec

29 May 2017

Propellhead should make the logging version of the beta a torrent.
Propellerhead, make the logging version of reason beta the front page free download.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

laperuk

29 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
any ideas ?
thanks
laperuk wrote:
Reason is absolutely no different from any other DAW in this regard (except for the restart part) - after you point Reason to all of your VST folders in Preferences, restart Reason, and it will scan your directories for all 64-bit plugins. @laperuk - if you've done this yet Reason 9.5 still doesn't show any VST available in your browser or plugin manager window, do your VST show up in any other DAW?
thanks for your answer !
yes i'm afraid it's a reason bug, because all my plugins appear perfectly on my others DAW, all of them in 64bits of course.
i'll check if there's a way to contact PH, because i really don't know what to do... :(

Data_Shrine

29 May 2017

Wow I have so many VST that I forgot about and never even used in Ableton. (X)_(X) Time to do some cleanup

laperuk

29 May 2017

laperuk wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
any ideas ?
thanks
laperuk wrote:
thanks for your answer !
yes i'm afraid it's a reason bug, because all my plugins appear perfectly on my others DAW, all of them in 64bits of course.
i'll check if there's a way to contact PH, because i really don't know what to do... :(
ok guys, i just "fixed" the problem, i mean not really but for all of you who might have the same issue, here's what i did :
i just created a new folder called "plugs for reason" and i copied all my 64bits VST in it. then i pointed it in the reason preferences, restart and it worked. this doesn't explain why reason was unable to scan them in my main VST folder, but it works.
thanks to those who try to help, have a nice day, cheers from France.

adamf

29 May 2017

When I heard of the VST update I was a naysayer....after downloading, installing, finding the few VST's I have,....reason performed flawlessly using a normal amount of processing power.

I WAS WRONG.

Great Job Props

Adam

jetpilot00

29 May 2017

adamf wrote:When I heard of the VST update I was a naysayer....after downloading, installing, finding the few VST's I have,....reason performed flawlessly using a normal amount of processing power.

I WAS WRONG.

Great Job Props

Adam

Adam,

I kinda felt the same way. There was a small part of me that always wanted a better way to get my favorite drum sounds in Reason but I just didn't like working in other DAW's...at all. So I put music to the side for about 3 years while raising two kids. Now that I have the best of both worlds, and have been playing around for a few hours, I feel more inspired than I have in a long, long time. I have ideas just flowing right now.

It is amazing what having the tools you want to use, in the DAW you want to work in, does for creativity.

-JP
***If life is a song, I've just passed the guitar solo.***

EnochLight

29 May 2017

laperuk wrote:ok guys, i just "fixed" the problem, i mean not really but for all of you who might have the same issue, here's what i did :
i just created a new folder called "plugs for reason" and i copied all my 64bits VST in it. then i pointed it in the reason preferences, restart and it worked. this doesn't explain why reason was unable to scan them in my main VST folder, but it works.
thanks to those who try to help, have a nice day, cheers from France.
Sounds like a possible folder permissions problem with your OS.

fieldframe
RE Developer

29 May 2017

jetpilot00 wrote: It is amazing what having the tools you want to use, in the DAW you want to work in, does for creativity.
It is interesting how no other DAW I've used has ever quite inspired me the same way as Reason. Studio One, even with its sensible UI, still feels fiddly next to Reason. Even Ableton, which I like a lot about for improvisation, just doesn't spur songwriting the same way. Having VST in Reason feels like when I first got Reason all over again.

• Information