first note cut away in exported wav - reason 8

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Chizmata

25 Apr 2017

well, not even the first note but just the kick on note 1 is missing, while the other sounds remain. never had anything like this before, checked if it was moved into minus by the groove mixer or muted by kong features, but nope. does anyoen have a clue? same issue on "export song" and "export loop"

FlowerSoldier

25 Apr 2017

Every time I've run into that issue, it's because the midi note was lying just to the left of the loop marker. If you extend the loop to the left by a beat, maybe you'll hear that Kong kick.

Chizmata

25 Apr 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:Every time I've run into that issue, it's because the midi note was lying just to the left of the loop marker. If you extend the loop to the left by a beat, maybe you'll hear that Kong kick.
nope, that wasnt the issue. note and markers are in sync at 1.1.1.0.

actually this stuff is getting really weird now, i moved the note back about 180 ticks and its still not being played, only a tiny bit of its reverb... no problems in the rest of the track though

Creativemind

25 Apr 2017

Is this on 9.2 or are we on 9.3 now?

Strange if you're saying it's happening even on 'Export Song as Audio File' as well.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Chizmata

25 Apr 2017

Creativemind wrote:Is this on 9.2 or are we on 9.3 now?

Strange if you're saying it's happening even on 'Export Song as Audio File' as well.
its on 8. its NOT happening when i play it from reason, but ONLY after export of any kind

Oquasec

25 Apr 2017

Press windows select all command and right click, set to loop by selection.
This option will not work in rewire mode with pattern based daws like fl studio for example.

Some daws take over reason's piano roll features while some don't.
Buuuut haven't been able to replicate this issue since you didn't give a pic or example.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Chizmata

25 Apr 2017

Oquasec wrote:Press windows select all command and right click, set to loop by selection.
This option will not work in rewire mode with pattern based daws like fl studio for example.

Some daws take over reason's piano roll features while some don't.
Buuuut haven't been able to replicate this issue since you didn't give a pic or example.
didnt work either... also no other daw or even plugin is used, only reason 8 stock. it also works in reason itself, just the exported song/loop lacks the first kickdrum (while the other 1.1.1.0 hits play)

its really the weirdest thing i ever ran into in reason. i wouldnt even know what to screenshot because i have no clue what the problem is. its even that the midi note also triggers a bass sound which plays correctly.

Oquasec

25 Apr 2017

Can you give an example? Cuz we can't pinpoint shit if we don't know what you'r eon about fella :P
Chop chop, did you try reinstalling reason or anything or does this have something to do with any buffer offset settings or something?
Producer/Programmer.

Gaja

25 Apr 2017

I've encountered this before and I'm pretty sure it only ever happened with groove enabled. So to check this disable the groove and export again and see if the problem still exists. If so I'm at a loss as well as to what might be causing this. If not you could commit the groove to track (select all clips in the lane, right click, commit to groove) and quantize only the first note. Or you could move everything (the entire track) eight bars to the right, set loop markers to start a few ticks before the song starts (and respectively the end of the song) and export as Loop. I suggest eight bars in case your using lfos or pattern sequencers which might be synced with the main sequencer.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Chizmata

25 Apr 2017

checked the groove thing right at the start, but theres no groove on that track and others which have work fine.

my usually super-odd lfos stopped me from just moving everything back a bit but i double-checked and its actually ok in this track. so this is a legit workaround, the issue itself stays mysterious though. but coinsider the problem solved, thx everyone!

Oquasec

25 Apr 2017

Pretty strange. I do all sorts of crazy shit and never ran into that prollem once :/ I even use regroove if that's what you're on about.
Producer/Programmer.

Gaja

25 Apr 2017

Glad I could help, but I think you should discuss this with propellerhead support as well. It seems to me this could be some kind of bug. Would be great if this could be sorted out, and if it is please report back.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Wook

25 Apr 2017

My guess would be that compressor grabs that first transient and squashes it. Try disabling compressor and exporting. At least you'll know if it's that.

Chizmata

25 Apr 2017

@gaja if i find the time...
@wook that was not it. the whole sound was simply gone

Wook

25 Apr 2017

Hmmm... Very strange. Good luck!

Oquasec

25 Apr 2017

You could just put out an rns of the problem file or make a windows snapshot as to speed up the troubleshooting process :/
Producer/Programmer.

Biolumin3sc3nt

25 Apr 2017

the only two natural encounters that i can think of are

1. Using an external drum machine via midi

2. Compressor/limiter sucking off the transient which Wook mentioned

Yeah other than that I'm at a loss of ideas. Sometimes us Humans make mistakes and You go "Oh duh". Hope it all works out, otherwise there's workarounds (which annoys everyone)

stratatonic

25 Apr 2017

Chizmata wrote:
Creativemind wrote:Is this on 9.2 or are we on 9.3 now?

its on 8. its NOT happening when i play it from reason, but ONLY after export of any kind
Same thing happened to me a few months back. A midi note somewhere in the first minute of the song would trigger on playback, but not on export.
The weird thing was that I had the exact same midi note a few more times in the song, and these would trigger!
After a few futile attempts at export, I tried to Bounce the midi note to a Loop and use the wav file and just mute the first midi note, But THAT didn't work either!

I actually had to start the Loop a full measure before the actual midi note to get it to Bounce to Loop, so I could use the wav file, mute the first midi note, and the Export the Song. Just Bizarre. That was on Reason 8.3

Gaja

26 Apr 2017

I just asked propellerhead to join in on the discussion. Would be nice to get this sorted out, me thinks.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Oquasec

26 Apr 2017

anybody figured out what this guy has on his effects chain?
Producer/Programmer.

bligidablam

27 Apr 2019

Did anyone find a solution to this? This is happening to me on reason 10. I think it happens on other daws as well. I'm creating loops for my looper pedal. When I export the loop the first beat is quieter. I've seen on other forums that it may be some sort of fade automatically put on exported files but I cant find anywhere to turn it off.

moritz

11 Nov 2021

I have this problem when using VSTs. Seems like they don´t load untill the second bar or so and the tracks that go through them won´t play. Anyways for me it worked to disable "Delay Compensation" in Options before exporting.

• Information