Slave reason 9 to garageband 10

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
IssyAlva

24 Apr 2017

So I recently upgraded both my garageband and reason to the latest versions of both. It's been a few years since I've had honestly really used either program, but in the past I've been able to have GB slave Reason so I can work on one track using both programs. Since upgrading both I am no longer able to get them to sync, and can't find much on the internet about these latest versions and their compatibility.

I'm wondering if I missed something and these 2 programs can still be synced. I have some old tracks using both programs that I can no longer listen to or work on, which is a bummer. I am currently running on MacOS Sierra 10.12. Any suggestions? Thank you!

QVprod

24 Apr 2017

Garageband 10 actually did away with Rewire sadly.

IssyAlva

25 Apr 2017

Thanks QV.

Well that's a bummer, was hoping I could sync the 2. I liked GB's guitar amps and models over Reason's. Was Rewire the only way to slave Reason to GB?

FlowerSoldier

25 Apr 2017

Yikes. Why would Apple do that? I really question their decision making process lately. What in the Jimmy is going on over there at the Infinite Loop?

normen

25 Apr 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:Yikes. Why would Apple do that? I really question their decision making process lately. What in the Jimmy is going on over there at the Infinite Loop?
Maybe they consider it "too powerful" for that. After all they give away GB for free for everybody now. And Logic is ridiculously cheap anyway.

FlowerSoldier

25 Apr 2017

normen wrote:
FlowerSoldier wrote:Yikes. Why would Apple do that? I really question their decision making process lately. What in the Jimmy is going on over there at the Infinite Loop?
Maybe they consider it "too powerful" for that. After all they give away GB for free for everybody now. And Logic is ridiculously cheap anyway.
That makes sense. Create a pinch point to compel folks to upgrade to Logic.

QVprod

25 Apr 2017

IssyAlva wrote:Thanks QV.

Well that's a bummer, was hoping I could sync the 2. I liked GB's guitar amps and models over Reason's. Was Rewire the only way to slave Reason to GB?
Yeah it was actually. The only other option to use garageband's amps with Reason would be to attempt to loopback the audio. There's a few tutorials on here and youtube if you really wanna dive down that rabbit hole. If you do however, MainStage is worth buying ($30) for even more amp and pedalboard options.

Aquila

25 Apr 2017

GarageBummed.

Oquasec

25 Apr 2017

Garageband looks like logic essentials lol
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

QVprod

25 Apr 2017

Oquasec wrote:Garageband looks like logic essentials lol
That's exactly what Garageband is meant to be.

IssyAlva

26 Apr 2017

Aquila wrote:GarageBummed.
GarageHellaBummed

IssyAlva

26 Apr 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:
normen wrote:
That makes sense. Create a pinch point to compel folks to upgrade to Logic.
It's all coming together.

IssyAlva

26 Apr 2017

QVprod wrote:
Oquasec wrote:Garageband looks like logic essentials lol
That's exactly what Garageband is meant to be.
Looks like I should to step up to Logic soon

• Information