Interview: We met Propellerhead at Superbooth

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
centomila

29 Apr 2017

MattiasHG wrote:
We have tons of sources for feedback and information. We do large scale user research, surveys, analytics. We sit with music makers in different situations and watch them make music to see where they get stuck or what they love. We read forums, Twitter, Facebook, support e-mails, FugBugz etc. We do even more than that too.

In terms of platforms, we might use something in the future but we already have a lot of sources that have proven very valuable and valid. :)
I've explained bad my point... I don't think that PH doesn't know what users want. I'm sure you all have enough tools to check every single user stats, reaction and how many pubic hair has fallen on the midi keyboard. :D

What i'm saying is more how the final user feel about their feedback. There isn't an "official" way to give feedback apart the email (which usually is followed only by an automated reply)... A user probably don't want to write a 50 page essay on how to improve Reason if he is not sure it's read by the staff... not in an unofficial forum, or a social media page.

I often see the same person making the same request on every social network and forum... and maybe there's also a crazy naked man under your house screaming about absurd missing feature... in every scenario what i see is this:

In short: I don't except that a simple tool like uservoice can solve everything, and maybe is a good tool just for a specific kind of user. The community (or just me) really want to feel involved in the company decisions, and is currently feeling treated like an annoying girlfriend. We talk and you (as PH) listen silently :|

(Or.... maybe we are the annoying girlfriend, and when we scream too much PH give us diamonds, flowers and vst support :D )

jappe

30 Apr 2017

ejanuska wrote:Wonder why they didn't announce VST support at superbooth?
Perhaps at the time they needed to decide on superbooth content they didn't have a go/no go for the release announcement yet.

I'm hoping enabling VST's will enable the Props to focus on sequencer and other non device related wish lists.

Also hoping they will get a huge user base boost from VST owners, this wonderful music making tool deserves to get bigger :thumbs_up:

AzureEyes

02 May 2017

Very nice interview! I enjoyed it thanks, Oliver!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Information