Set point for keyboard modulation?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
evolve187

23 Apr 2017

Is there a way to set/change the mid point of the modulation when using keyboard as a source in a mod matrix?

to explain:
In mod matrix: Source - Keyboard -> Dest - Mod Env Rate
This defaults to
ie C1 - slow oscillation, C3- moderate oscillation, C6 - fast oscillation

I would like to change it so c1 is modulating faster so I can still play the same note. essentially sliding the mod speed scale up or down over the octaves.

I was trying to do this in Expanse... I found that you can set the keyboard to UNI and it effectively doubles the mod rate but I want to speed it up a fraction of that.

Is this possible in any device?
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

selig
RE Developer

23 Apr 2017

evolve187 wrote:Is there a way to set/change the mid point of the modulation when using keyboard as a source in a mod matrix?

to explain:
This defaults to

I would like to change it so c1 is modulating faster so I can still play the same note. essentially sliding the mod speed scale up or down over the octaves.

I was trying to do this in Expanse... I found that you can set the keyboard to UNI and it effectively doubles the mod rate but I want to speed it up a fraction of that.

Not sure I understand - if you want C1 to modulate faster (you did not mention what you want C3 and C6 to do in this example), then just increase the modulation source rate, right? This will result in "sliding the mod speed scale up/down over the octaves" - but I suspect I'm not getting the gist of your question…

Alternatively, if you want to scale the modulation so that there is less rate change between C1 and C6, use less than 100% depth in the Mod Matrix. Or maybe you need a combination of the two processes?

I'm probably misunderstanding part of all of what you're asking, so take my comments with a grain of salt!
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

evolve187

23 Apr 2017

selig wrote:
evolve187 wrote:Is there a way to set/change the mid point of the modulation when using keyboard as a source in a mod matrix?

to explain:
This defaults to

Not sure I understand - if you want C1 to modulate faster (you did not mention what you want C3 and C6 to do in this example), then just increase the modulation source rate, right? This will result in "sliding the mod speed scale up/down over the octaves" - but I suspect I'm not getting the gist of your question…

Alternatively, if you want to scale the modulation so that there is less rate change between C1 and C6, use less than 100% depth in the Mod Matrix. Or maybe you need a combination of the two processes?

I'm probably misunderstanding part of all of what you're asking, so take my comments with a grain of salt!
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply.

I don't want C3 and C6 to do anything specific. I see how that could have been confusing to read. C3 and C6 would change in relation to C1. anyhow it is irrelevant.

Let me try to explain further...

I want to use the keyboard notes as the mod source for an envelope rate....so playing different notes causes different mod rates.

However the speed it defaults to for C3(or what ever note) is not what I want. I want it to modulate at the rate it plays on a D4 for example but I still want to play the C3 note -I realize I can manipulate the pitch of the instrument so a C3 plays a different note but I'm looking for a better solution.

the key here is that mod source is set to keyboard - I don't want to use an LFO as I still want the mod rate to follow the notes.

hypothetically - if a C3 note mod source causes a modulation rate of say 10Hz can I increase it to 15hz while still playing a C3?

I hope I haven't made this even more confusing.... :?

Thanks again.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

• Information