Waves "Which DAW do you use" poll

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Reasonistas
RE Developer

13 Apr 2017

We find it peculiar that Waves included Reason in their "Which DAW do you use" poll. Perhaps they are considering or are already developing Rack Extensions? Either way, go vote on Waves' poll on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/waves/posts/10 ... 12912787:0
IMG_1859.JPG
IMG_1859.JPG (193.5 KiB) Viewed 2928 times
ImageImageImage

slightlyprog

13 Apr 2017

I can't find an actual poll. I see the image and lots of comments. Where is an actual poll where someone can place a vote?

Pinkbox

13 Apr 2017

Choose a smiley to vote

Reasonistas
RE Developer

13 Apr 2017

slightlyprog wrote:I can't find an actual poll. I see the image and lots of comments. Where is an actual poll where someone can place a vote?
You have to choose the corresponding Facebook emoji on Waves' post.
ImageImageImage

slightlyprog

13 Apr 2017

Well, not for me. Clicking on those does not open a poll and if I hover over it, they all have the same URL (the emoji is not a different URL) which is nothing more than a link back to the image. It looks to me like one big image, no poll.

TheMiles

13 Apr 2017

slightlyprog wrote:Well, not for me. Clicking on those does not open a poll and if I hover over it, they all have the same URL (the emoji is not a different URL) which is nothing more than a link back to the image. It looks to me like one big image, no poll.
You must choose an emoji at the bottom where the grey thumb is. hover over the "like" button and then select an emoji :)

slightlyprog

13 Apr 2017

TheMiles wrote:
slightlyprog wrote:Well, not for me. Clicking on those does not open a poll and if I hover over it, they all have the same URL (the emoji is not a different URL) which is nothing more than a link back to the image. It looks to me like one big image, no poll.
You must choose an emoji at the bottom where the grey thumb is. hover over the "like" button and then select an emoji :)
OK, I see what you mean, not on the image itself, just in the 'like' function. Can't help but wonder why they didn't just setup a proper poll where they could list more of the popular DAWs. At the moment it's 160 for Reason vs 1000 for the most popular of the six choices.

Loque

13 Apr 2017

slightlyprog wrote:
TheMiles wrote:
OK, I see what you mean, not on the image itself, just in the 'like' function. Can't help but wonder why they didn't just setup a proper poll where they could list more of the popular DAWs. At the moment it's 160 for Reason vs 1000 for the most popular of the six choices.
They want YOU!
Reason12, Win10

riemac

13 Apr 2017

I've voted and the score was 186. Reason has no chance against the amount of votes for other DAWs.

SA Studio

13 Apr 2017

There was this time on lunch break at work where everyone in the office would always go to a local place to eat.

One day, we're all ordering and one of the co-workers says referencing the specials board "Huh...look at that. "Soup de Jour"...again! Don't they ever have any other kind of soup back there?"

I looked across the table at a few gaping jaws and just whispered "Enjoy the moment...."....

I think this post above is one such moment.

NekujaK

13 Apr 2017

I put in a hearty vote for Reason, but this poll is inherently biased against Reason because the Waves fan base is most likely to be made up of people who can actually use Waves plugins. Without exposure in this forum, I would never have known about this poll, which is probably true for the majority of Reason users.

But yeah, I would LOVE to see the Waves product line implemented as REs!! :P It would probably mean I would need to buy them all over again (I have most of their VSTs) but it would be so worth it.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

slightlyprog

13 Apr 2017

"oh really? You think I'm funny? Do I amuse you? What, like a clown? How am I funny? "
There was this time on lunch break at work where everyone in the office would always go to a local place to eat.

One day, we're all ordering and one of the co-workers says referencing the specials board "Huh...look at that. "Soup de Jour"...again! Don't they ever have any other kind of soup back there?"

I looked across the table at a few gaping jaws and just whispered "Enjoy the moment...."....

Oquasec

13 Apr 2017

rewire or emi/midi ox gooood damn my nigga lol.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

SA Studio

14 Apr 2017

slightlyprog wrote:"oh really? You think I'm funny? Do I amuse you? What, like a clown? How am I funny? "

:D Hey! A sense of humorings! :puf_bigsmile: :reason: :reason:

borracho

15 Apr 2017

Let's put some more votes for Reason! So they might consider building some REs

centomila

15 Apr 2017

I'm sorry to destroy your dreams, but this is just a basic marketing social post. They don't need a facebook post with emoji to know the marketshare or make decisions. And probably their marketing team doens't work at Waves.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

15 Apr 2017

centomila wrote:I'm sorry to destroy your dreams, but this is just a basic marketing social post. They don't need a facebook post with emoji to know the marketshare or make decisions. And probably their marketing team doens't work at Waves.
I don't disagree, but stay tuned ;)
ImageImageImage

teddymcw

16 Apr 2017

Noel G. wrote:
centomila wrote:I'm sorry to destroy your dreams, but this is just a basic marketing social post. They don't need a facebook post with emoji to know the marketshare or make decisions. And probably their marketing team doens't work at Waves.
I don't disagree, but stay tuned ;)

Noel, you are the consummate tickle monster! : )

pskovacs

17 Apr 2017

Agree that without this forum would not have known about the poll. I feel a bit angry and sad that Reason was relegated to the sad emoji... are they trying to imply that Reason users are sad?

ReasonUser

19 Apr 2017

I wouldn't put too much stock in this poll. It took me a long time to even figure out how to get the correct vote in. At first I just clicked like and commented which one I was voting for. The story would be intirely different if reason was the thumbs up.

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2017

obviously the only DAW that can't be torrented will have the lowest votes.. or i'm just going to keep telling myself that :)

Lov2sing

21 Apr 2017

Could it be they are saying they wish Reason excepted VST's then the vote would be apples to apples. Reason should not be based on Waves product line being we cannot use them. That's probably why the sad face. I'm sad I can't use Waves, UA, and a few others.
We make music for a reason

• Information