POLL: What version of Reason are you using?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

What version of Reason are you using?

Reason 9
78%
Reason 8
11%
Reason 7
7%
Reason 6/6.5
2%
Reason 5 and lower
2%

Total votes: 393
househoppin09

11 Mar 2017

EdGrip wrote:I expect there will be confounding factors - people who've gone to the trouble of finding a forum about Reason disproportionally likely to be early adopters, maybe other things too.
Yeah. I'd bet money that the 22% pre-9 users in this poll is significantly lower than the overall number. We do skew toward the enthusiasts here. Writing off the pre-9 people as a negligible share of users would really be a mistake IMO. Even 22% is pretty substantial, and the real number is probably higher.

txh003

22 Mar 2017

Unless VST compatibility is implement, which will never transpire, I am a Reason 7'er for life.

At this stage, I am too invest in VSTs and my other DAWs to continue further investments in the Reason platform.

With that said, overall, if all of the Reason users and owners of some version were to respond, I would imagine that the result would heavily favor the Reason 5 and under category, especially considering those versions are available via illegal download.

Considering that the most avid users tend to browse and become active at DAW-specific forums, it does not surprise me to see the posted results with Reason 9 as for front-runner.
:reason: :record: :recycle: :rebirth: :reload: :re: :refill:

joeyluck

22 Mar 2017

txh003 wrote:Unless VST compatibility is implement, which will never transpire, I am a Reason 7'er for life.

At this stage, I am too invest in VSTs and my other DAWs to continue further investments in the Reason platform.

With that said, overall, if all of the Reason users and owners of some version were to respond, I would imagine that the result would heavily favor the Reason 5 and under category, especially considering those versions are available via illegal download.

Considering that the most avid users tend to browse and become active at DAW-specific forums, it does not surprise me to see the posted results with Reason 9 as for front-runner.
I suppose it could also be noted that most anybody new to Reason since nine months ago is naturally a Reason 9 user to start. Lots of new users not on this site, so we're probably not accounting for a great number of them. And that nobody with Reason 5 or lower is buying Rack Extensions of any shape or form. And that the most avid users probably buy the most Rack Extensions most frequently, wouldn't you say? Because they're just so avid about it all... It's anybody's guess what the numbers might represent. But there aren't many resources which can hold such a poll. So here one is...

Loque

23 Mar 2017

txh003 wrote:Unless VST compatibility is implement, which will never transpire, I am a Reason 7'er for life.

Pirates belong to the Caribbean and they dont count.
Reason12, Win10

scifunk

24 Mar 2017

I'd like to be bang up to date but cant afford it right now. That said, Im more than happy working in 7 at present.

I need a new PC before upgrading. Finally starting to max this one out with multiple Synapses. I dont do bouncing.

ltbrunt00

27 Mar 2017

I am using reason 9 for 75% of the time. I know it's totally sad but I am still using Reason 7 for the line 6 amps on some projects..
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

ltbrunt00

27 Mar 2017

Now if the Props would just create that Mythical VST audio Wrapper the universe could sleep soundly. I just got Toontrack Virtual Drummer VST. Nice peace of software, I play the guitar and having this is pretty awesome since I'm not a drummer. The only downside to it is that I can't use it in my favorite DAW (Reason).
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

strangers
Competition Winner

02 Apr 2017

I'm on 8.3. I have a knack for buying things right before a price drop or updated version comes out. There are a few RE's I really want to try but didnt make sense financially to pay for an uograde so soon. Plus, I've got a lot of learning to do before taking on new RE's anyway.

Karim
Competition Winner

02 Apr 2017

JJGreen wrote:No doubt there has been a poll like this in the past, but with the changes to the SDK and the potential for RE 2.0 non-compatibility, I'm hoping to get a bit of an idea of how many people are 'living in the dark ages' now
Ever the last one

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

wireless

14 Apr 2017

:wave:
Hi there - Count me in as a lucky niner. I've tried to keep to the latest version ever since v2.5, although sometimes with a lag. I'm currently in love with Expanse Hyperwave and Parsec 2. Now that I've built myself a new desktop computer, I have the 'power' not to keep tripping up on my DSP meter.....

320kbps dubstep

15 Apr 2017

does anyone have a different download link as i have ignition key from college but i need to upgrade to 7.1.2 as my macbook pro OS isn't supporting reason now i can't download it from propellerhead as i haven't purchased reason myself and i dont know the account user or password as its a college ignition key so if anyone has a download link id be grateful as i have to hand this ignition key back in in a few months
Last edited by 320kbps dubstep on 15 Apr 2017, edited 2 times in total.

joeyluck

15 Apr 2017

320kbps dubstep wrote:does anyone have a different download link as i have ignition key from college but i need to upgrade to 7.1.2 as my macbook pro OS isn't supporting reason now i can't download it from propellerhead as i haven't purchased reason myself and i dont know the account user or password as its a college ignition key so if anyone has a download link id be grateful as i have to hand this ignition key back in in a few months
Sounds like your best bet would be to contact Propellerhead Support and someone with your college. If you have to hand it back soon, I assume that means you are still enrolled in the class that lent it to you?

320kbps dubstep

15 Apr 2017

joeyluck wrote:
320kbps dubstep wrote:does anyone have a different download link as i have ignition key from college but i need to upgrade to 7.1.2 as my macbook pro OS isn't supporting reason now i can't download it from propellerhead as i haven't purchased reason myself and i dont know the account user or password as its a college ignition key so if anyone has a download link id be grateful as i have to hand this ignition key back in in a few months
Sounds like your best bet would be to contact Propellerhead Support and someone with your college. If you have to hand it back soon, I assume that means you are still enrolled in the class that lent it to you?
hi pal yeah im still at college and i ask the technicians at college about it and they said that its my problem there not interested in the hiccups i have because they've gave me the .dmg file for Reason 7 i explained its not compatible with my OS and they just looked at me with a so what attitude and told me to downgrade my macbook pro :(

joeyluck

15 Apr 2017

320kbps dubstep wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
hi pal yeah im still at college and i ask the technicians at college about it and they said that its my problem there not interested in the hiccups i have because they've gave me the .dmg file for Reason 7 i explained its not compatible with my OS and they just looked at me with a so what attitude and told me to downgrade my macbook pro :( so this is my last option before downgrading which i dont want to do at all
I'm sorry, but I'm confused. So they gave you Reason 7 in a .dmg? Isn't it Reason 7 that you are looking for?

[EDIT] is this what you need? https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... -captitan/

320kbps dubstep

15 Apr 2017

joeyluck wrote:
320kbps dubstep wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
hi pal yeah im still at college and i ask the technicians at college about it and they said that its my problem there not interested in the hiccups i have because they've gave me the .dmg file for Reason 7 i explained its not compatible with my OS and they just looked at me with a so what attitude and told me to downgrade my macbook pro :( so this is my last option before downgrading which i dont want to do at all
I'm sorry, but I'm confused. So they gave you Reason 7 in a .dmg? Isn't it Reason 7 that you are looking for?

[EDIT] is this what you need? https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... -captitan/
ah dear they gave me Reason 7 yes with an ignition key but i need the update to reason 7 i need reason 7.1.2 as the original version of reason 7 isnt compatible with my OS and i dont want to downgrade

320kbps dubstep

15 Apr 2017

320kbps dubstep wrote:
320kbps dubstep wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
320kbps dubstep wrote:
joeyluck wrote:

yeah they gave me Reason 7 as a dmg file (as its for mac) with an ignition key but i need the update for reason 7 i need reason 7.1.2 update as the original version of reason 7 isnt compatible with my OS and i dont want to downgrade yeah that link youve posted https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... l-captitan i need the download thats in that the reason 7.1.2 update pal
oh yeah my bad lol sorry new to this forum lol :lol:

wicked that link is downloading something ill let you know if it works thanks man
Last edited by 320kbps dubstep on 15 Apr 2017, edited 3 times in total.

pskovacs

17 Apr 2017

Started with Reason 3, didn't upgrade until Reason 7, skipped 8, and have been a very happy Reason 9 user (really like the players , and have gone down the rabbit hole of RE's)

CharlyCharlzz

28 Apr 2017

7 , thinking of upgrading but not sure I will .
maybe
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

sublunar

28 Apr 2017

Just upgraded from 6 to 8 recently when I built a new PC. My old Windows XP beast lasted a SOLID 10 years. Built in 2006 and retired in 2016. Never had a single issue with it and now its on backup duty, still running strong (never touched the internet).

Looking at updating to 9.5 here pretty soon. Now that I'm not on XP anymore (sheds tear) there's no incentive to stay in the dark ages.

Creativemind

28 Apr 2017

I got 6.5 in October 2012, then got the update to 7 just before 8 was released. Got to play with 7 for about a week or so before 8 was downloadable free if you bought 7 (you know as Propellerhead generally do) a week odd before the release of 8. I might have even waited a few days still playing with 7 before I downloaded 8. Now I'm on 8.3 and even though it's enticing to upgrade to 9.5 now VST support has been added, I will still probably hold out for Reason 10 which I'm hoping will come before the years out.

EDIT:- Just looked on the Wikipedia page for Reason and it was year between 6.5 and 7. I hope it isn't gonna be a year between 9.5 and 10. If it's out December 2017, I mean that's just over 7 months.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

jfrichards

28 Apr 2017

txh003 wrote:Unless VST compatibility is implement, which will never transpire, I am a Reason 7'er for life...
Have you heard VST comes May 29

txh003

28 Apr 2017

jfrichards wrote:
txh003 wrote:Unless VST compatibility is implement, which will never transpire, I am a Reason 7'er for life...
Have you heard VST comes May 29
Have you heard about my posted on April 8, 2017:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7499884&p=318463#p318463
:roll:
:reason: :record: :recycle: :rebirth: :reload: :re: :refill:

dariuskolba

29 Apr 2017

Switched from 5 to 8. Up to date since.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

EnochLight

29 Apr 2017

txh003 wrote:Have you heard about my posted on April 8, 2017:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7499884&p=318463#p318463
:roll:
You do realize that VST support was planned far before the VC deal, right? That said, I don't deny that it probably helped close the deal. ;)

Anyway, now that VST support is official, are you going to upgrade?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information