POLL: What version of Reason are you using?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

What version of Reason are you using?

Reason 9
78%
Reason 8
11%
Reason 7
7%
Reason 6/6.5
2%
Reason 5 and lower
2%

Total votes: 393
jsteingraber

29 Apr 2017

Gulale wrote:I use 7 since 9 is eating up my CPU.
I have this exact same problem. Have you found any fixes?

Creativemind

30 Apr 2017

Thought there'd be twice as many votes on here than there is.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

EnochLight

30 Apr 2017

Creativemind wrote:Thought there'd be twice as many votes on here than there is.
I didn't. Just like the PUF before, it seems as if Reasontalk just has about 200-300 active users here (out of 4,600+ actual) - some of which don't participate in polls. That's why it's often important to remind people that the discussions we have here, opinions, etc - is just but a tiny sliver of the actual user-base.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Oquasec

30 Apr 2017

Updating previous post, moved to 9 so I can have the option to use some vsts without rewire or emi.
Waiting till the beta ends to make tracks, since you can't do that in the beta.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

EnochLight

30 Apr 2017

Oquasec wrote:Updating previous post, moved to 9 so I can have the option to use some vsts without rewire or emi.
Waiting till the beta ends to make tracks, since you can't do that in the beta.
Congrats! I don't think you'll be disappointed. Also, that's quite a 360 from your original thoughts:
vst support should never be added to reason.
It's userbase is a huge reason, reason should only support vsts through rewire and emi which already solved that problem ages ago aka the beginning of reason ago. Making the emi a combinator that houses these external plugins would be welcomed, but nothing more integrated than that.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7500293&p=322142#p322142
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Karim
Competition Winner

01 May 2017

madmacman wrote:Started with 6.0, bought the Update for 7 (mainly because of Midi Out) and skipped 8. Now I'm on 9.2 and probably will skip 10. Every 2nd release as upgrade seems to be a good and economic strategy.
Why skip a version that it isn't introduced yet. Making a bit not sense IMO [emoji3]

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

C4M

01 May 2017

8.3.2d7 is the version I currently am using, but it is my intention to upgrade soon to 9 and/or 10.
More (contact) info on: http://www.coach4music.com Do well and don't look back!!! :reason: :refill: :rt:

EnochLight

01 May 2017

C4M wrote:8.3.2d7 is the version I currently am using, but it is my intention to upgrade soon to 9 and/or 10.
Just curious - has the announcement of VST support pushed you to upgrade to 9? What were you holding out for?

C4M

01 May 2017

I prefer to not/never change a winning team. Not all the available upgrades are effectively a contribution to my workflow. Same with the OS X version (Mavericks), I'll keep using that until the support for it is really stopped. VST support is not so important for me and not the reason for an upgrade.
More (contact) info on: http://www.coach4music.com Do well and don't look back!!! :reason: :refill: :rt:

pquenin

01 May 2017

I use Reason 7 and will wait for Reason 10. I switched to Reason to escape the hell of VST plugins so 9 is not appealing to me.
I hope 10 will not be another disappointing release, but of course I will be happy to have all the improvements of 8 and 9.
It's not that I am against releases but they are very expensive.
The fact that 9.5 is a free update with this "number one feature request", my hope is that R10 will be huge to convince people to upgrade.

Daniel36

01 May 2017

Reason Essentials 8. That means I am missing out on quite a few things, but limitation breeds creativity, actually allowed me to learn the program a little better, and I still managed to win a couple of remix competitions, so all good! :D

EnochLight

01 May 2017

C4M wrote:I prefer to not/never change a winning team. Not all the available upgrades are effectively a contribution to my workflow. .. VST support is not so important for me and not the reason for an upgrade.
Totally confused.. so you're not upgrading? You said earlier:
C4M wrote:8.3.2d7 is the version I currently am using, but it is my intention to upgrade soon to 9 and/or 10.
Or do you mean, you are upgrading to 9 soon but VST support isn't the reason? If so, I'm just curious as to what the motivation for upgrading is...

C4M

01 May 2017

I am indeed upgrading to 9 soon but VST support isn't the main reason. I am happy and curious to discover the new options the latest release will bring. Am allready working with Reason for at least a decade, and still stay amazed with the speed of progress made with DAW's. The introduction of handling audio in Reason (Record) was absolutely mindblowing. By now normal for all of us... Only since a short time though. So in short; my system with Pro Tools, Reason and a simple soundcard (Akai EIE Pro) with a few good mics and instruments, give me more as enough room for playing and recording, but the interest for new toys will always remain.

madmacman

02 May 2017

Karim wrote:
madmacman wrote:Started with 6.0, bought the Update for 7 (mainly because of Midi Out) and skipped 8. Now I'm on 9.2 and probably will skip 10. Every 2nd release as upgrade seems to be a good and economic strategy.
Why skip a version that it isn't introduced yet. Making a bit not sense IMO [emoji3]
Usually for economic reasons: I'm not willing to pay the 129,- fee for each update. No matter what it offers. Even buying 9 has been some kind of "luxury", since v7 had everything I need.

Oquasec

03 May 2017

It's own version of melodyne essentials, 4 new modules I believe, and an upcoming long requested patch.
Workflow improvements that put it up there with studio one, version 2.

If Reason gets macros... damn breh.
Producer/Programmer.

EnochLight

03 May 2017

Oquasec wrote:It's own version of melodyne essentials..
I'll say this much - since 9.0 introduced a proper audio pitch editor, I haven't opened up Melodyne Essentials ever since. Reason's is that good.

Tunecooks

03 May 2017

I'm still on 8.3 because I've been in mastering phase since the end of last year and I didn't want anything to change in the process. It's been an interesting ride because the mastering engineer had no experience with Reason but we were trying to use stock Reason devices as much as possible before sending the signal through outboard gear and into Protools where he used some amazing multiband compressor by Fabfilter; since the mastering is done now as soon as 9.5 comes out I'll be upgrading and using Fabfilter plugins.

Bunja

16 May 2017

Why isnt reason essentials there ?

MirEko

21 May 2017

I want to use reaktor in reason, and all my ensembles.. but I feel if i upgrade now I will miss the R10 window.
It costs $180 AUD to upgrade so it isn't a decision I make lightly..
Still on R7
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

Oquasec

21 May 2017

Since I got beta access 2 days back I'm just like hm...so it works how it suppose to still, they didn't remove anything and added 100 pages worth of new features in the manual plus a native vst wrapper despite emi supporting everything from aax to exe and rewire being rewire, reason has become a daw with more features than you ever need and will definitely be worth upgrading to 10 in the future.

There is more shit than you need in this software and if they keep this up I'm never skipping another update ever again.
Producer/Programmer.

EnochLight

21 May 2017

MirEko wrote:I want to use reaktor in reason, and all my ensembles.. but I feel if i upgrade now I will miss the R10 window.
Still on R7
This makes no sense. If you want to use reaktor in reason, then upgrade to 9 (.5)... NOW. There is no R10 "window" - that's so far into the future, you'd be wasting time and money just... waiting. :?

Oquasec

21 May 2017

If you don't want to use rewire,midi ox, EMI and want just want vst 2.4+ 64 bit plugins upgrade to 9 already.
I will be enjoying putting omnisphere and zebra back into my projects since I was too lazy for the other methods most of the time. :lol:
I still have a reaktor transfer ID for those who want a discounted 40$ version. [Reason is my reaktor and I actually know what the fuck I'm doing in reason]
Producer/Programmer.

MirEko

21 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
MirEko wrote:I want to use reaktor in reason, and all my ensembles.. but I feel if i upgrade now I will miss the R10 window.
Still on R7
This makes no sense. If you want to use reaktor in reason, then upgrade to 9 (.5)... NOW. There is no R10 "window" - that's so far into the future, you'd be wasting time and money just... waiting. :?
Yeah I guess haha. I should just do it.
Now that NI has their version of Authorizer I am loving this easy licence management.
RE cover 90% of what I want, but I do own Reaktor,razor,prism,scannerxt,s-layer,ultraloop, and some others.
I downloaded NI Access last night to reinstall my other NI products and was surprised it's just one click and everything installs just like Authoriser.
Might grab komplete and R9.5 and call it a day, while I wait for the Digitakt to arrive.
Digitakt and overbridge is a big part of my interest in 9.5 also

MirEko

21 May 2017

Oquasec wrote:If you don't want to use rewire,midi ox, EMI and want just want vst 2.4+ 64 bit plugins upgrade to 9 already.
I will be enjoying putting omnisphere and zebra back into my projects since I was too lazy for the other methods most of the time. :lol:
I still have a reaktor transfer ID for those who want a discounted 40$ version. [Reason is my reaktor and I actually know what the fuck I'm doing in reason]
I keep reaktor mainly for s-layer.. I love this thing more than any plugin ever. Just incredible

MirEko

21 May 2017

Actually the thought of running S-layer from Lectricpanda's RE's has me moist :D

Anyone got pictures of the back panel of the RE wrapper??

• Information