There's still this midi bug

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deepndark

16 Feb 2017

If I have a 9 bars long clip between a L and R locator and I play/record midi with my keyboard, this bug keeps coming oftenly that the bar fives midi note appears in bar 1 not 5. I think I reported this over PUF already many many years ago.

chimp_spanner

17 Feb 2017

deepndark wrote:If I have a 9 bars long clip between a L and R locator and I play/record midi with my keyboard, this bug keeps coming oftenly that the bar fives midi note appears in bar 1 not 5. I think I reported this over PUF already many many years ago.
Dude me too. Drives me nuts. The only way to fix it is to disable auto quantise and then manually quantise with ctrl K after you're done.

Weird thing is, I didn't always have it. It's been the last couple or three months,

deepndark

17 Feb 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
deepndark wrote:If I have a 9 bars long clip between a L and R locator and I play/record midi with my keyboard, this bug keeps coming oftenly that the bar fives midi note appears in bar 1 not 5. I think I reported this over PUF already many many years ago.
Dude me too. Drives me nuts. The only way to fix it is to disable auto quantise and then manually quantise with ctrl K after you're done.

Weird thing is, I didn't always have it. It's been the last couple or three months,
I just was thinking the same that is it a bug of midi auto quantising. I have been having this bug appearing for years. Hope the Props find the problem and fix it.

selig
RE Developer

17 Feb 2017

deepndark wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:

I just was thinking the same that is it a bug of midi auto quantising. I have been having this bug appearing for years. Hope the Props find the problem and fix it.
Have you submitted anything to the Props on this?
(Especially a song file that exhibits this issue)
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

deepndark

17 Feb 2017

Nope never sent any files. But I will the next time if this occurs again. I almost always use my keyboard to play/record midi and auto quantise ON. There's propably an obvious reason why it happens.

FlowerSoldier

18 Feb 2017

Hey Deep. I have just had this problem in a project.
The problem was I recorded the down beat in my first 4 bar clip instead of the down beat of clip 2.
exapmle: the midi note that should have been on 5.1.1 was on 4.4.211...then it sends MIDI note off around 5.1.055
so, what happened was the MIDI note off signal was sent (via the end of clip 1) to the note I actually wanted to hear instead of MIDI note on from clip 2.
I hope that makes sense.
I copy the mistimed downbeat from the end of Clip 1 to the beginning of Clip 2 and I get what I want.
Example: cut the note from Clip One 4.4.211 then paste it to Clip Two at 5.1.1
Then you will hear the downbeat you actually programed.
It's not quite a bug, but it can be frustrating.
It has to do with the way MIDI sends information. It sends it serially, meaning it can only follow 1 instruction at a time.

chimp_spanner

18 Feb 2017

selig wrote:
deepndark wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:

Have you submitted anything to the Props on this?
(Especially a song file that exhibits this issue)
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I believe so. But I might report it again! I *think* it only happens with Rack Extensions, but I can't be 100% until I've tested it.

faun2500

21 Aug 2017

There is a bug here often importing midi files with only the first 2 bars or the file. I changed the quantize setting then re-imported and the full midi file was there. Then dragged a new midi file on and it was back to 2 bars again.

And there I was re-exporting midi thinking it was a problem with the midi file! lol
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

• Information