Login failed - over and over and over.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kenkthulhu

13 Feb 2017

WinPC - Reason 9. JUST updated to 9.2.2d1 (build 8,071)

I click the Reason 9 icon, I get this...
Log-in failed due to network error The authorization server failed to respond. This indicates a problem with your internet connection. Please verify
that your Internet connection works correctly and then try again.

Yes internet is working. I have a Prop dongle. And authorize works with that.
But it seems like my PC isn't hooking up with Props somehow.

And with the dongle in, Reason says "Some Rack Extensions are Online-only" and the same authorize screen. Which might mean that I can't trial any RE's.

I have clicked the blasted button about 20 times. I don't know what to do anymore. Until two days ago this never happened. Until the NEW 9.2 (9.2.2 - there was an upgrade from 9.2..1 I think).

From the Props website, I click Authorize button, and on my PC the Authorizer software fires up, and my RE's are all listed. But the webpage just spins around with "Waiting for Authorizer to start " and it just hangs there. I removed and reinstalled authorizer and reason. I noticed there was an Authorizer beta in there so I removed that too.

Can anyone help?

kenkthulhu

13 Feb 2017

OK when I tried to download an RE as a trial, my Authorizer popped up and after a minute shows the message at the bottom "The requested version was not found on your account. Please go to you account page and try again."

Try what again? I really don't know what to do.

Loque

13 Feb 2017

Maybe they are updating something or have some problems. A few days ago they had similar problems. Can you log into your account on the website?

Try again to connect, check their twitter and facebook or contact the support.
Reason12, Win10

kenkthulhu

13 Feb 2017

Thanks, Loque.
Yes I can log in. I have had the issue for two days now.

Loque

13 Feb 2017

kenkthulhu wrote:Thanks, Loque.
Yes I can log in. I have had the issue for two days now.
Two days without Reason...hard times...
Reason12, Win10

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2017

The other month I had it where it failed to ask me to login and the result was none of my RE showed up, after resyncing the RE several times it then allowed me to login correctly.

https://www.propellerheads.se/user/prod ... extensions

Raveshaper

13 Feb 2017

This should not be difficult to administer correctly. If the fates align and I'm working professionally, I can't have a server side meltdown preventing me from getting work done. Why, why is this still an issue after so many head desking sessions over this very thing in the recent past? If this is being handled in house then it really illustrates that you can't be a master of all trades. Gotta let the pros do their turn key "done once, done right" gold seal on that stuff.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

kenkthulhu

13 Feb 2017

I have sent email to email support at propellerheads.se.
I don't know how to twitter (or from the look of it - why it should be an option).
I don't know that Facebook is going to help. What do I do in either case?

Raveshaper

13 Feb 2017

I want to take the opportunity to apologize that all of your posts on this board so far have been seeking help with critical failures with the 9.x app. It's a pretty discouraging way to start out and I'm sure there will be a solution to your problem relatively soon. First impressions can count for a lot, so I don't fault you for being upset.

I would use any and all channels available to you to reach them so that the situation can be corrected sooner than later.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

kenkthulhu

27 Feb 2017

Still not working.
Any ideas what to try to turn off in my PC to get things going?

When I try to Manage Lincese frm the website, Waiting for Authorizer waits and waits for ever, and my Authorizer pops up and after a while says down the bottom "No connection to license server. Please check your internet connection and try again.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2017

kenkthulhu wrote:Still not working.
Any ideas what to try to turn off in my PC to get things going?

When I try to Manage Lincese frm the website, Waiting for Authorizer waits and waits for ever, and my Authorizer pops up and after a while says down the bottom "No connection to license server. Please check your internet connection and try again.
I wonder if it's being blocked by your firewall, you could try turning if off just to see, remember to turn it back on again and if it is your firewall you should be able to set up a rule for it.

kenkthulhu

28 Feb 2017

I have Windows 10. How do I turn off firewall? Is it even on?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2017

kenkthulhu wrote:I have Windows 10. How do I turn off firewall? Is it even on?
In the search bar type "Firewall", down the left hand side once opened you should see an option "Turn Windows Firewall on or off"

You can also find your firewall settings in the Control Panel.

Just remember to turn it back on afterwards..

kenkthulhu

01 Mar 2017

It could be virus checker. I am going to remove my current one, and install another.
Firewall didn't help.
Looks like I am going to write a book about this one!

damasio

28 Apr 2017

its still going on,
I'm getting server down messages and i can't open certain project files.

Loz

07 Aug 2019

I have been reading these posts from 2017 with dismay as of today the 7th of August 2019 I have also been stricken with the same problem and as I'm in the middle of an album for Universal music I'm not finding this very funny. So when I try to fire up Reason I get this message.
Reason Log-in failed due to network error The authorization server failed to respond. This indicates a problem with your internet connection. Please verify 
that your Internet connection works correctly and then try again. My internet connection is working fine, if any one knows a cure please email me at: loznetto@gmail.com Thanks.

boingy

09 Aug 2019

Loz wrote:
07 Aug 2019
I have been reading these posts from 2017 with dismay as of today the 7th of August 2019 I have also been stricken with the same problem and as I'm in the middle of an album for Universal music I'm not finding this very funny. So when I try to fire up Reason I get this message.
Reason Log-in failed due to network error The authorization server failed to respond. This indicates a problem with your internet connection. Please verify 
that your Internet connection works correctly and then try again. My internet connection is working fine, if any one knows a cure please email me at: loznetto@gmail.com Thanks.
The website was down, m8:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7513329

No website, no login.

Oquasec

09 Aug 2019

I don't like to trial RE cuz of the online only thing too.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

bitley

01 Jul 2020

I'm here in 2020... who else? It just refuses right now.

bitley

01 Jul 2020

Arrrggh! It just... It's never failed before for me. And now I just mastered a track and I need to reopen Logic (Reason rack in use) to create a wav file instead of the aiff. I even changed to another DNS, same problem.

Benedict
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2020

I'm not getting in right now either.
:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

bitley

01 Jul 2020

If I only knew how to re-activate my pretty little red USB dongle. I hate having to log in. Especially this never ending non working night.

Benedict
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2020

Ooh I totally forgot my USB Dongle thingee.
If you install the Codemeter from the link provided under My Products and then Auth that, you/we should be golden.
(once RS are back online that is)

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

bitley

02 Jul 2020

Yeah I've never gotten that to work. Over complicated.

Billy+

02 Jul 2020

Actually I'm not sure that the dongle will help,

I too have a dongle and have used it since whatever version of reason it came with but I am completely unable to use reason as a plugin in my other daw "Odesi" it doesn't matter if I login, sync or use my dongle I can't get anything other than a few stock instruments to function as RRP and it's been that way since the release..

• Information