Free running LFOs

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deepndark

06 Feb 2017

So when you render your Reason project, some of the sounds and effects sound different every time when you render em??

Loque

06 Feb 2017

Yes. Thats why i prefere triggerable LFOs for FX. Same goes for many synced LFOs, when you have a different bar-offset. A free running LFO is ok, for a slight, rarly noticeble sound change imo. Sometimes i think, that a LFO starts, when the device receives an audio in signal. I am always curious about free LFOs or synced LFOs, this should be more clarified by the devs.
Reason12, Win10

bitley

18 Feb 2017

If you would like total control over modulation I'd suggest recording automation instead.

SoundStruggler

28 Feb 2017

Yeah, I've had this issue before like you can hear here:

And now I'm having this problem again with a song I'm working on and it's funny the way it behaves. It's only the first time when I play the song in Reason that it happens, but everytime I export the song the problem will be there on every export.

Fortunately it's easy to solve by letting the synth play before the song starts like I did here:

Of course you'll have to import the wave-file again in Reason or some other application to cut away that part.

• Information