Reason 10 Rumors

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Kaosis

16 Feb 2017

AzureEyes wrote:There will be no VST/AU support! Why would Propellerhead jeopardize their RE Formant by adding VST support? They wouldn't

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If anything they should release some kind of tool set to simplify conversion to RE. I personally don't want to use VSTs, I would like to see some of them converted to RE even if they only had limited CV implementation. Looking at you here NI, and Lennard you gotta do proper CV on sylenth1 haha.

Seriously though, I don't think I want straight up VSTs in Reason, that's what the other DAWs are for. I like the rack.

househoppin09

16 Feb 2017

Agreed--every ounce of effort that would potentially be going toward implementing VST support in Reason would be much better put toward the development of tools to streamline and simplify the process of porting VST to RE. I would drastically prefer, say, a Kontakt or Massive RE, rather than having to mess around with getting those set up as VSTs.

AzureEyes

16 Feb 2017

Native Instruments will never be an Re Developer. They don't like the idea of the shop hosted by Propellerhead. They don't want to invest in a small market and only have 1 product launch at a time. It's just not going to happen. So no Massive Re will come. NI are a huge corporation like Waves, UAD... They won't be on board unless Propellerhead partners with them.

househoppin09

16 Feb 2017

I've heard that, but they're such a key player that I really think the Props should be reaching out and trying to figure out what it will take to get them on board. Everyone's got their price. I'm sure that if the pot were sweetened enough, one way or another, NI could be incentivized to participate in the Reason ecosystem. It would be worth going to pretty great lengths to get them to do so, IMO. More so than Waves or UAD, given the more "musician"-based focus shared by Reason and NI's various endeavors.

X1Lo

16 Feb 2017

A NI Massive rack extension may not ever exist but I've seen videos on youtube of it's wavetables sampled into Serum and Expanse is compatible with those. I'm not sure about copyright issues but if there isn't a conflict Massive could be roughly emulated.
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

Kaosis

17 Feb 2017

Honestly I'm less interested in massive and more interested in maschine/battery or some kontakt, we have the synths. And to be totally honest, I believe that one day NI will come out with their own daw or daw competitor.

But a tool set to port vst to RE easily would be very nice and win/win for the companies and consumers

jfrichards

17 Feb 2017

Noel G. wrote:Their new Re sampler is insane....oops did I just say this out loud? :puf_bigsmile:
Reason 9.5 ?? Free upgrade ?? $19 ??

stevan

17 Feb 2017

Noel G. wrote:Their new Re sampler is insane....oops did I just say this out loud? :puf_bigsmile:
... true or not, fact is that Reason really needs a new Sampler ! One of the biggest annoying things with NN-XT/NN-19 is that he can't stream the samples from disc ... I use a mass of Sampler Instruments and that preloading time is very timeconsuming ... opening the same amount of sample datas in Logic Pro X takes no time, absolutely zero ! Unfortunately seems it that the whole audio behaviour in Reason is like that... even with audio tracks ... that brings a bunch of problems with bigger projects with a lot of recordings in it ... and the GUI of the NN-XT needs a facelift too ;)

sequencek

19 Feb 2017

reason 10...i really really do hope reason integrate rebirth app. reason support ableton link but can't use rebith device inside reason now. dear propellerhead, please integrate reason and rebirth!

sdst
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2017

found this in internet

Reason 10 Rumors screenshot

Ottostrom

20 Feb 2017

sdst wrote:found this in internet

I heard from a pretty reliable source that the rack view will be a livestream from a real studio.
So every time you add a device you get to wait for a real person to put it in place and hook it up.
What a time to be alive!

pjeudy

20 Feb 2017

sdst wrote:found this in internet

that's funny :lol:
On a side note. Is it just me or no matter how people want REASON to be unique, seems that most request,wants and desires for REASON are actually asking Props to have what other DAWs have and behave like most other DAWs where ever possible. Yea this is just a fun image but there might be some truth to it. ;)
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

scratchnsnifff

20 Feb 2017

AzureEyes wrote:
Probably won't see that till October I assume!

What did miss, who is making an RE sampler?? What company was mentioned
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

AzureEyes

20 Feb 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:

Apparently it's Propellerhead and it's a rumor, nothing has been confirmed yet!

scratchnsnifff

20 Feb 2017

AzureEyes wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:

I figured :D but just didn't know what to think. I love and support all RE developers, but I just like some people's work more so than others :)

AzureEyes

20 Feb 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:

I figured :D but just didn't know what to think. I love and support all RE developers, but I just like some people's work more so than others :)

I would seriously take it with a grain of salt until, PropellerheadSW make am official public statement which I believe won't be anytime soon!

scratchnsnifff

20 Feb 2017

AzureEyes wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:

I would seriously take it with a grain of salt until, PropellerheadSW make am official public statement which I believe won't be anytime soon!

I hear that for sure! If it's from the props, I bet they won't disappoint, I seem to love all of their work. Haha I wish that they would make rebirth as an RR or something

sdst
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2017

pjeudy wrote:
On a side note. Is it just me or no matter how people want REASON to be unique, seems that most request,wants and desires for REASON are actually asking Props to have what other DAWs have and behave like most other DAWs where ever possible. Yea this is just a fun image but there might be some truth to it. ;)
the only thing i miss from others DAW is the studio one mixer. (That mixer is tremendous)

some Other DAW have a lot of unnecessary things, my opinion

at the end Reason is my favorite DAW. :)

Gulale

21 Feb 2017

PDC,VST and improved sequencer are my most wanted thing in Reason. Hands down I'm sure Reason will be number one. If they added VST I'm not going to care about stock devices upgrade I will be using my UAD. I hate workaround.
Gulale aka Bereket

ltbrunt00

21 Feb 2017

Gulale wrote:PDC,VST and improved sequencer are my most wanted thing in Reason. Hands down I'm sure Reason will be number one. If they added VST I'm not going to care about stock devices upgrade I will be using my UAD. I hate workaround.

I hate to say it but I like my Rack extensions better than my VST. I wish I could use my VST in reason but would rather have a VST port to the RE format. Sometimes the VST programs being radically different between VST to VST gets annoying sometimes. With RE its drag, drop, connect, tweak, Undo, done.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Gulale

21 Feb 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote:
Gulale wrote:PDC,VST and improved sequencer are my most wanted thing in Reason. Hands down I'm sure Reason will be number one. If they added VST I'm not going to care about stock devices upgrade I will be using my UAD. I hate workaround.

I hate to say it but I like my Rack extensions better than my VST. I wish I could use my VST in reason but would rather have a VST port to the RE format. Sometimes the VST programs being radically different between VST to VST gets annoying sometimes. With RE its drag, drop, connect, tweak, Undo, done.
The availability of products in VST wold is simply amazing look for amp in Re there are few I guess and they can't even compete with VST. Have you checked https://mercuriall.com/cms/index.php they are simply gorgeous I have not heard in Re as good as those guys. Re is like a baby comparing to VST. Imagine using VST as a backup something which is going to fill the gap. While saying that, I know I will be using it more than Res cause they work fast and easy sound gorgeous. I'm saying this cause I like the Reason SSL sound in addition having VST is another level. The ability to use VST will close any short comings. If I'm too concern about CV when the plugin of my choice ported to Re I will use it if not still I won't bother if VST is supported. Imagine a reason device which is capable of load VST and AU is it not awesome add to that LV2 now we are talking. But Most importantly PDC. Any beginner will assume Reason is a crap software every time PDC play with their mind.
Gulale aka Bereket

Creativemind

21 Feb 2017

Kaosis wrote:Honestly I'm less interested in massive and more interested in maschine/battery or some kontakt, we have the synths. And to be totally honest, I believe that one day NI will come out with their own daw or daw competitor.

But a tool set to port vst to RE easily would be very nice and win/win for the companies and consumers
Best idea is to concentrate on Re's and making more features for the format and making Reason a rewire master mot just a slave and then (and yes I know you can wire stuff in with LoopBe and Soundflower and the EMI) but think Reason as a Rewire master would be a great way to get VST into Reason, if only somehow they could make the Rewire into Reason work via midi.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

21 Feb 2017

AzureEyes wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:

Isn't it Lectric Panda?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

pjeudy

21 Feb 2017

sdst wrote:
pjeudy wrote:
the only thing i miss from others DAW is the studio one mixer. (That mixer is tremendous)

some Other DAW have a lot of unnecessary things, my opinion

at the end Reason is my favorite DAW. :)
Agree on the S1 Mixer.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Kaosis

21 Feb 2017

Creativemind wrote:
Kaosis wrote:Honestly I'm less interested in massive and more interested in maschine/battery or some kontakt, we have the synths. And to be totally honest, I believe that one day NI will come out with their own daw or daw competitor.

Best idea is to concentrate on Re's and making more features for the format and making Reason a rewire master mot just a slave and then (and yes I know you can wire stuff in with LoopBe and Soundflower and the EMI) but think Reason as a Rewire master would be a great way to get VST into Reason, if only somehow they could make the Rewire into Reason work via midi.
You're asking for another band-aid, I'm suggesting a solution to the "problem". It would allow developers to easily port their existing work, save for some instance where a ui may need to be REworked.

It's win/win/win, as devs can quickly and with minimal investment add RE to their supported formats. And we as consumers can consume in our preferred format. And PH would be strengthening their RE format by adding developers that wouldn't otherwise be there, and some may even see the money to be made and make RE specific toys using up that CV loveliness.

• Information