Cycle Loop Recording in Reason 9 Essentials

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
itheuser

15 Dec 2016

Hello everyone, I apologize if the answer to this question seems obvious, but I am new to Reason, and have been trying to Google this answer for some time.

I am currently using Reason 9 Essentials. Previously, I have used a program called "Riffworks" by Sonoma Wireworks. It allows you to loop record layers set to a particular number of bars without stopping the recording process; similar to the Boss Looper pedal. I am trying to find out if this kind of process is available in Reason.

While searching for this answer in Google, I came across a plugin called "Repeat Looper," but I suspected that this feature was already available in certain versions of Reason. Also, I'm not sure the Repeat Looper plugin has the ability to separate the overdubbed tracks. Obviously, I am using a limited version of Reason, but I was curious if this was available in any version of Reason?

Ideally I would like to record live overdubs that are separated into track layers that I can then arrange. I don't expect to have the same kind of workflow that I do with Riffworks, but a feature similar to that within Reason itself would certainly make it the sequencer that I need.

Again, I apologize if this is a mundane question, but I would appreciate any clarification.

• Information