step into the future

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
moneykube

09 Dec 2016

reason 9 downloading anything I need to know... 7.2-9,1 or so
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
good-bye line 6 :thumbs_down: :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

EdGrip

09 Dec 2016

Dark theme.

tiker01

09 Dec 2016

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Voyager

09 Dec 2016

EdGrip wrote:Dark theme.
In my opinion this is something that should have been a free update for all Reason version and not an argument for updating.

EdGrip

09 Dec 2016

Yup.

Creativemind

09 Dec 2016

Are you asking what's been added since 7.2? I thought 7.1 was the last 7 one but must be wrong.

So, here goes, just from memory:-

1) New Browser on the sequencer (where you can access any files on your hard drive from a section on the left of the screen which has a show / hide function using the F3 key. This now means shift / F3 brings up the guitar meter as it used to be F3 before). A separate browser is available in the rack too which is independent which kind of annoys me a tad, wish it was synced with the one in the sequencer. Can drag audio and midi clips onto tracks though but for some reason can't drag midi onto an existing track without it creating a new track and an ID8. Audio you can though.

2) You also have drag and drop of devices with icons on the left in the sequencer and in the rack. This includes dragging of patches onto the devices to load them.

3) New Transport bar which is now in grey scale and things moved about a bit. Like now there's a new icon for the Regroove mixer on there and one for On-Screen Piano Keys. Also drop to Propellerhead which might've been changed in 9 to drop to Allihoopa for uploading your tracks instantly to Allihoopa.

4) 12 Extra colours added to the colour pallet.

5) Lengthen / Shorten notes from the start in the Midi Editor/

6) Slice Notes with the Razor in the midi editor.

7) 3 New Player Devices available as a new device. Scales and Chords, Note Echo and Dual Arpeggio.

8) Reverse Midi option.

9) Pitch Correction in Monophonic (so one note correction only).

10) Audio to Midi in Monophonic (so one note hums, bass lines and de do da's only).

11) Bounce In Place.

12) 2 New Themes, Dark and Blue.

13) Abelton Link added in 9.1. Automatically syncs (I think) apps and things to Reason.

14) Pulsar (dual LFO) Rack Extension free in the rack in 9.

15) 1000 New Sounds / Patches that make use of the new players and Pulsar. Might have been some new sounds with 8 as well can't remember. The new sounds in 9 might also make use of Softube Saturation Knob too not sure as this is now a free Re as well.

16) There is now an option in the Window tab for your Rack Extensions which lists them in it.

17) Auto update alerts as well if a new Reason update becomes available. This should also be extended in my opinion to also alert you if any updates for any of your current rack extensions become available in the shop too.

18) RV-7000 MkII. Which now has Convolution reverb added and the loading of impulse responses.

That's all off the top of my head and I don't have 9 so forgive me if I missed anything out. Might be 3 or 4 other little things too.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

moneykube

09 Dec 2016

:mrgreen: thanx... looking forward to new stuff
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Creativemind

09 Dec 2016

Think there may be a couple more midi editing features like selecting random notes by holding ctrl down and clicking on them. Not sure if that was in 7 and some things have been moved into menu's from the transport and tool window (I think!). 8 also added a load (about 20) new file import formats as well.

Oh and obviously the 2 new Softube Amps (which I like but I know others on here aren't a fan of in comparison to the Line 6) and don't forget to get onto all the free Re's available in the shop if you haven't already done so, shown in this thread from this site:-

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7258239

Also there's some of the new free Kilohearts rack extensions as part of their snapin's too:-

http://kilohearts.com/products/khs_toolbox

Enjoy!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information