"Unknown Exception" when trying to access Refills in Documents folder

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
TEGEL

27 Oct 2016

Hi all

Has anyone encountered this problem
Today when I opened an existing project in R6.5 (not sure the version matters) I wanted to add a new Instrument, so I created a Thor on a new track. When I wanted to load a patch I clicked the patch browser in Thor and I as normal come to the Reason Factory bank. However when I tried to click the Documents icon in the side menu where I store my 3rd party Refills I just got a pop up sign stating "Unknown Exception" (OK). The same started when adding a Scream unit and tried to browse 3rd party Refills folder, no problem to load something from the Factory soundbank.

Only way I could bipass this was to make a Duplicate of an existing track, cause then I could end up in the 3rd party folder, but this of course does not work when you want to do something from scratch.

I have been using Reason for 10+ years and have never seen this problem before.

Any ideas, anyone???

Steedus
Competition Winner

12 May 2017

I guess it's finally happened .. I'm reviving this thread because I've just experienced this "unknown exception" error myself, in v6.5.

Opened Reason as normal, jammed on something for almost an hour, recorded the idea, and now exporting and saving gives the error. I can't save or export. Fantastic. Hopefully it's a 1-off glitch.

Loque

12 May 2017

If you experience sudden crashes on harddrive access, there is a good chance your HD is broken or will crash completely in near future. I would bet 5 bugs on this.

Try to copy your stuff to a different hd, and than check again if it happens again.
Reason12, Win10

Jagwah

12 May 2017

Try opening the Refill from your Windows Browser, not Reasons. Good chance when you do that Reason will pop up and you will have access to it.

• Information