Reason codecs for Novation Launch Control XL / Launchpad MK2

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sonicbyte

25 Oct 2016

Hi,

Don't know if someone post this earlier, at least I couldn't find it here so I post these links I've found about custom codecs for Novation devices to work with Reason:

Novation Launchpad MK2
http://www.irregular-cluster.de/launchpadmk2.html#daw

Novation Launch Control XL
http://www.irregular-cluster.de/launchc ... l.html#daw

It looks like a great job, it also includes RE mapping :)

:cool:

marcuswitt

25 Oct 2016

sonicbyte wrote:Hi,

Don't know if someone post this earlier, at least I couldn't find it here so I post these links I've found about custom codecs for Novation devices to work with Reason:

Novation Launchpad MK2
http://www.irregular-cluster.de/launchpadmk2.html#daw

Novation Launch Control XL
http://www.irregular-cluster.de/launchc ... l.html#daw

It looks like a great job, it also includes RE mapping :)

:cool:
Many many thanks for sharing that information! These Maps are exactly what I've been looking for. :puf_smile: From my point of view, the Novation controllers, i.e. the SLMkII keyboard controller series as well as the Launch series are fabulous devices to control Reason.

dallasknight

29 Jan 2017

Does anyone have any feedback controlling instruments and effects with these?

Would love to know how they work with the PSQ 1684

demt

05 Jul 2017

Ive got grid64g does great drum sets with launchpad
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

sot

15 Nov 2017

just got Launch Control XL and trying it now with the remote map above (thanks! to P. Mόller (IRREGULAR-CLUSTER.de)), it works alright :thumbs_up:

i feel a little lost with all the tweaking but the readme is very well made with all the maps with images/text so you can print them if you want,
it's my first midi knob/fader controller so i don't know the quality of other controllers but it seems well made, the faders are a little on the light side, everything works ok, i prefer buttons with a click and not rubber style but all manufacturers seems to put those, also i didn't want to spend much, was looking for something cheaper but finally bought this because of the good reviews on quality.
Because it doesnt have encoders seems weird when you switch devices (at least for now till i get used to it), you have to press a button (Device Button - Pickup-Control On / Off) to go into Pickup mode so you don't have values jump all the time from device to device but i guess that's old skool :ugeek: .

Its size is small and slim, goes well with my keystation mini 32, i have a full stage piano which i don't use because of space issues :( , so the best is what you have in front of you quote fits here.

Now i try to edit the remote map so i can put a vst in it and it's relative easy looking at the mappings inside the file as examples combined with Reason Export Device Remote Info, already made some functions work :) and this customization is the real deal, without it i never gonna buy this for Reason.

ps. i hope someday all manufacturers would put an on/off switch like the old days for their devices! this doesnt have either.

*and something else i use 1920x1080 on a 27'' monitor and some knobs in reason devices are so small i'm struggling to see what knob is moving... it would be great to be a red rentacle or something on the moving control :/
Last edited by sot on 16 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: 10

sot

15 Nov 2017

when i try to record automation with malstrom and have the Pickup-Control On, it doesnt register fast moves of faders or knobs, and i have to turn the knob back to continue from the spot the knob stop registering , anyone knows any fix for this? thnx
:reason: 10

tanni

01 Dec 2023

Hello, im interested in the Novation Launchcontrol XL mk2.
Can someone tell me whether the LED on the switches (the two bottom rows) on the Launch Control XL mk3 controller turns on and off when switching ? I read that in user mode the LED on the controller always stays off and doesn't light up.
I want to have them in toggle mode so that they light up when you turn them on and turn off when you press them again, sending note on and note off messages

deeplink
Competition Winner

01 Dec 2023

tanni wrote:
01 Dec 2023
Hello, im interested in the Novation Launchcontrol XL mk2.
Can someone tell me whether the LED on the switches (the two bottom rows) on the Launch Control XL mk3 controller turns on and off when switching ? I read that in user mode the LED on the controller always stays off and doesn't light up.
I want to have them in toggle mode so that they light up when you turn them on and turn off when you press them again, sending note on and note off messages
They do under this codec - they act like on off switches.

I must say since moving to Apple Silicone the codec referred above doesn't work. So just a warning ⚠️
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

tanni

02 Dec 2023

deeplink wrote:
01 Dec 2023
They do under this codec - they act like on off switches.

I must say since moving to Apple Silicone the codec referred above doesn't work. So just a warning ⚠️
thank you. It should work then, I use Windows.
I'm still thinking about whether I'd rather buy the AKAI midimix or the Novation Launchcontrol XL. The AKAI also has a send all switch with which you can transfer all fader positions.

• Information