SOLVED: Reason 9 Essentials Installation Problems

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
brendanc444

12 Sep 2016

SOLUTION found on macOS Sierra

Here's what I did:
1. Input into terminal: sudo spctl --master-disable
2. Go to preferences enable "anywhere" option under where you want to allow downloaded apps from
2. Downloaded Drop DMG
2. Downloaded the Reason 9 Essentials DMG without sound-bank
3. Right click open with Drop DMG on Reason's DMG
4. Once it was mounted I dragged just the .app of the non-soundbank installation onto my desktop
5. Once on my desktop I right clicked and clicked open and could continue installation
6. Upon successful installation simply enter into terminal: sudo spctl --master-enable

Hey guys,

I'm new to Reason and after falling in love with the trial I decided to purchase Essentials and start off there. :essentials:
However, I keep receiving this error every time I try to install it: "An error occurred during verification of installed files."
Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 4.22.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 4.22.23 PM.png (153.88 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
1. I did uninstall the trial of Reason 9 before installing Reason 9 Essentials.
2. I'm on the public release candidate for Mac OS Sierra, which is quite stable and was running the trial for Reason 9.
3. I went through and deleted every preference, cache, and application support file from both the main library and user library for Reason, as suggested on another thread here: http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7495491.
4. I did a hard reset of my laptop and tried reinstalling it as the error suggested.
5. I have also tried installing Reason 9 Essentials with and without the soundbank.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!
Last edited by brendanc444 on 30 Jun 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Ocean of Waves

25 Apr 2018

also works for R10, thanks!

Leriggo

15 Aug 2020

Thank you very much, with your introduction the installation has successfully completed on Reason 7

• Information