Have You Upgraded to Reason 9 Yet?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Have you upgraded to Reason 9 yet?

Poll ended at 06 Sep 2016

Yes
72%
No (not got any plans to)
13%
Undecided
3%
Waiting for a Point Update (Depends on features included)
13%

Total votes: 88
Creativemind

23 Aug 2016

Hi!

Out of interest (I know a thread similar to this has been done but this is slightly different).

The other thread was done before 9 had come out and was in the beta testing stage.

So the question is:-

Have you already upgraded or bought Reason 9 yet or are you waiting for a point update?

I personally am waiting for a point update.

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

gak

24 Aug 2016

My option would have to be "no, but I might someday" :)

orthodox
RE Developer

24 Aug 2016

gak wrote:My option would have to be "no, but I might someday" :)
Mine would be "Decided, but later, regardless of point updates".

boobytrap

24 Aug 2016

Personally I don't believe in any point updates. How come PH point updates better than major update. Even they never upgrade things like workflow and Audio editing on point updates. I'll upgrade in next or wait until for real upgrade.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

16BitBear

24 Aug 2016

You need another option.

No, I have not upgraded yet, but yes, I plan to do so actually quite soon. It will be irrespective of a point upgrade. It is simply about getting the cash together for the upgrade. That is all in my case. I beta tested it and I liked what I saw. It is worth the upgrade for me.

8cros

24 Aug 2016

At the moment, I believe Reason 5 the best version ever. :redface:
But I also like Reason 8.
I have not been updated and do not feel the need.
I look forward to updating point. To be honest, it is very curious.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

craven

24 Aug 2016

Performancewise I had some trouble, even with the release version of 9 (demo). So I'm trying to figure out what's going on before upgrading. Might be my system.
:ugeek:

Dabbler

24 Aug 2016

Players and pitch edit were too juicy for me to wait.

Plus I was on 7 and had not experienced the new workflow with the upgraded browsing.

I like my 9er. :)

TheMiles

24 Aug 2016

M option would be "Yes, as soon as I have the money"

Gorgon

24 Aug 2016

Still a no-go for me. The players are not worth the upgrade. Neither are the "new sounds". Either the sequencer gets a proper update or I will never upgrade anymore, EVER. :D
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

pushedbutton

24 Aug 2016

yeah I got a boxed copy so I could have stickers.
never underestimate the importance of stickers.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

stephensmattlee

24 Aug 2016

Wasn't impressed with v9, or 8 before that, will probably hold out until Reason 10 unless I'm really impressed by any of the "point" updates

Creativemind

24 Aug 2016

Gorgon wrote:Still a no-go for me. The players are not worth the upgrade. Neither are the "new sounds". Either the sequencer gets a proper update or I will never upgrade anymore, EVER. :D
I agree, the sounds weren't mind blowing (or different than anything heard previously) but there were some good sounds, they just made use of (or were to showcase) the players.

A fantastic upgrade though non the less. I was just disappointed some really needed workflow things weren't added.

Captain Boyfriend

24 Aug 2016

Yes, I was coming from 6.5. It was a huge leap and I'm glad I did it.

fieldframe
RE Developer

24 Aug 2016

I was coming from 7, so I took the plunge. Might have held off if I had already been on 8, though ironically the thing I've used the most since upgrading was the part I was least interested in: Pitch editing. Just released my first single with a vocal track and I couldn't have done it without Reason 9!

Goriila Texas

24 Aug 2016

I don't know if v8 had the ability to draw notes with the mouse and or pencil,it's nice in v9.

boobytrap

25 Aug 2016

Gorgon wrote:Still a no-go for me. The players are not worth the upgrade. Neither are the "new sounds". Either the sequencer gets a proper update or I will never upgrade anymore, EVER. :D
Ever !
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

JCBendock

25 Aug 2016

Just from an entertainment stand point, playing with pitch edit and players, I feel I've already got more than my money's worth out of it. For me it was a no brainer. $129 bucks, I pay that much a year so I can shop at Costco.

MarkTarlton

25 Aug 2016

I voted on the last poll saying I was going to upgrade, but after testing I just couldn't make the jump from R7 even with the new features...can't get past the browser and changes made overall....just doesn't do it for me, and I tried my hardest to adapt. maybe someday it will click for me...I still don't use blocks and tried to get that to be a part of my workflow...plus I really like R7 and am so use to it!!

Aquila

25 Aug 2016

I upgraded rather quickly. The pitch edit function immediately came in handy for me, with my first R9 project requiring some vocals tweaking into a different key.

Creativemind

25 Aug 2016

I think the browser is brilliant and couldn't live without it. Drag and drop is lovely too. Just bit annoyed they didn't allow dragging of midi onto an existing midi track without it creating a new track and an ID8 and that they didn't allow dragging an audio or midi clip out of Reason onto your desktop or wherever. It's a rigmarole trying to get midi out of Reason, deleting all tracks and clips first. The drag out feature, quick and simple would be great for people wanting to make use of a vst, then render to audio and re-import.

9 however was a massive leap for Reason imo and with 2 or 3 point updates and another great update for 10 (on par with 9) and we should be getting close to seeing the Reason people have longed for for years.

Goriila Texas

25 Aug 2016

Goriila Texas wrote:I don't know if v8 had the ability to draw notes with the cursor or pencil,it's nice in v9.

Creativemind

25 Aug 2016

Goriila Texas wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:I don't know if v8 had the ability to draw notes with the cursor or pencil,it's nice in v9.
You could always draw notes with the pencil but you could add notes with the pointer tool in Reason 8 if that's what you mean?

Creativemind

25 Aug 2016

MarkTarlton wrote:I voted on the last poll saying I was going to upgrade, but after testing I just couldn't make the jump from R7 even with the new features...can't get past the browser and changes made overall....just doesn't do it for me, and I tried my hardest to adapt. maybe someday it will click for me...I still don't use blocks and tried to get that to be a part of my workflow...plus I really like R7 and am so use to it!!
As I said, liked the drag and drop and new browser but wasn't fond of the new transport but can accept it.

kitekrazy

26 Aug 2016

Sonar's $199 lifetime updates took any money towards that. Maybe Props will have a too good to be true I can't resist to upgrade deal.

• Information