The old PUF Forum Threads

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pedrocaetanos

12 Jan 2017

jonheal wrote: Yeah, there was a lot of chaff with the wheat, that's for sure. And people did get pretty abusive. I got banned for a while once (or twice?) myself, and I consider myself a pretty meek person, normally. But tempers flared quite often there. I don't know if it's like that on other music software forums, or not.

Maybe Reason users, like the program itself, are a kind of unique crowd — with maybe a bit more of a tendency towards Asperger's than the user populations of other DAWs. :)
I really cannot imagine you being banned in any way... :puf_smile:
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

pedrocaetanos

12 Jan 2017

OldGoat wrote:
jonheal wrote:Wait a minute, is that the goat the guy has an argument with in Spanish?
My name is Legion, for we are many.
Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!
It is... :puf_bigsmile:
This is the real reason why the PUF was closed down, and why they are still making efforts to hide it: Necronomicon.
Excerpts of it crept in, and it had to be silenced!

OK, now put the blame on what I drunk at lunch...
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

pedrocaetanos

12 Jan 2017

moneykube wrote:oh ya.... forgot... the glorious book burning
Yeah, that started back in 1327, in some monastery lost in Northern Italy...

On second thought, it may have started in Egypt before the middle ages...

HepCat

12 Jan 2017

jonheal wrote: Yeah, there was a lot of chaff with the wheat, that's for sure. And people did get pretty abusive. I got banned for a while once (or twice?) myself, and I consider myself a pretty meek person, normally. But tempers flared quite often there. I don't know if it's like that on other music software forums, or not.

Maybe Reason users, like the program itself, are a kind of unique crowd — with maybe a bit more of a tendency towards Asperger's than the user populations of other DAWs. :)
Wait, they extinguished the flower of PUF chivalry, and then the forum imploded? A balladworthy yarn forsooth - what! And yes we're likely all on the spectrum here (l don't mind, really), but not so much as over at smalltime rival DAW Renoise.com where sh*t piles up so fast you'd think you're in 'Nam. Or Reddit. There was zoophile snuff material being distributed in their chatroom and l was kicked after complaining about it.

moneykube

12 Jan 2017

pedrocaetanos wrote:

so many books ... so little time :puf_smile:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

pedrocaetanos

12 Jan 2017

moneykube wrote:
pedrocaetanos wrote:

so many books ... so little time :puf_smile:
Tell me about it!
My "books-to-read" shelf is out of space...
Is it me that with age, keep getting more and more books, or getting less and less time to read them?

WongoTheSane

13 Jan 2017

pedrocaetanos wrote:

Nice reference. Wait, plural! Two nice references.

WongoTheSane

13 Jan 2017

FWIW, some of the content (tutorials mainly) have been archived on Reason101:

http://www.reason101.net/contributions/ ... ts-part-1/

That's part one, the other 7 parts are available through the links in the right column.

bitley

18 Feb 2017

PUF was a great place for us refill creators, I wish I knew where to find a target group like that. Can only hope Reasontalk grows in popularity. Would be nice if Pheads had links up to this site. But since we were connected as reg'ed users that was a big advantage as well. Felt good knowing which products everone had. Made it easier knowing you were talking to a true user.

joeyluck

19 Feb 2017

bitley™ wrote:PUF was a great place for us refill creators, I wish I knew where to find a target group like that. Can only hope Reasontalk grows in popularity. Would be nice if Pheads had links up to this site. But since we were connected as reg'ed users that was a big advantage as well. Felt good knowing which products everone had. Made it easier knowing you were talking to a true user.
Interesting. I find that there is more activity by more names here (compared to the last handful of years in the PUF). And not sure many non-Reason users are registered here at ReasonTalk; I think you're safe there. Propellerhead does give ReasonTalk a shoutout from time to time. The only other place I could think that would get a product more exposure to Reason users would be the Propellerhead Shop.

Gorgon

19 Feb 2017

joeyluck wrote: Interesting. I find that there is more activity by more names here (compared to the last handful of years in the PUF).
I don't think that this is the case. This is a much smaller group.
And not sure many non-Reason users are registered here at ReasonTalk; I think you're safe there. Propellerhead does give ReasonTalk a shoutout from time to time. The only other place I could think that would get a product more exposure to Reason users would be the Propellerhead Shop.
What Bitley means is that he had way more exposure at phead because of the fact that there was lots more people on that forum. This is, like I said, a much smaller group. Yeah and sure you get a shoutout. You do tech support for them for free.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

selig
RE Developer

19 Feb 2017

Gorgon wrote:
joeyluck wrote: Interesting. I find that there is more activity by more names here (compared to the last handful of years in the PUF).
And not sure many non-Reason users are registered here at ReasonTalk; I think you're safe there. Propellerhead does give ReasonTalk a shoutout from time to time. The only other place I could think that would get a product more exposure to Reason users would be the Propellerhead Shop.
What Bitley means is that he had way more exposure at phead because of the fact that there was lots more people on that forum. This is, like I said, a much smaller group. Yeah and sure you get a shoutout. You do tech support for them for free.
Most here are doing the same "tech support" as we did on the PUF. At least we're getting a shoutout now… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

19 Feb 2017

Gorgon wrote:
Perhaps I shouldn't have worded it as "I find..." and instead said "my perception and experience is..." which was my meaning and how I think beginning a statement with "I find" should be taken.

This community feels more active to me. I feel I see more interaction and see more names here. I guess I should note that I started using Reason with ver. 1, but didn't start using the PUF until Record came about and wasn't really active in that forum until Reason 6 I believe. I was told at that time by other users that the golden days of the PUF had passed. Those last years I was there were the ones I was referring to as the last handful. There were bad vibes and little to no moderation.

But I digress. Best place to sell your products and get exposure is the Propellerhead Shop. I've heard from other developers who say they are happy that we are not tied to Propellerhead. It can be a conflict of interest when a company maintains and moderates it's own forum. And I too think that the best forum for users is run by users. And we haven't stopped growing.

bitley

20 Feb 2017

That's good and yes I agree: A much nicer climate here, some users on PUF were really constantly looking for fights. Having more controlled moderation and a disconnection from the company helps a lot. So much user frustration there at times. Each change they did to Reason received a sea of hate from some camps. That wasn't fun to see.

deepndark

20 Feb 2017

Reasonheads.

SA Studio

21 Feb 2017

selig wrote:
Gorgon wrote:
Most here are doing the same "tech support" as we did on the PUF. At least we're getting a shoutout now… ;)
Some folks should be getting MUCH more than shoutouts. :thumbs_up:

pedrocaetanos

18 May 2017

joeyluck wrote:Best place to sell your products and get exposure is the Propellerhead Shop. I've heard from other developers who say they are happy that we are not tied to Propellerhead. It can be a conflict of interest when a company maintains and moderates it's own forum. And I too think that the best forum for users is run by users. And we haven't stopped growing.
Reasontalk "independence" is indeed a quality. And I see here a greater dedication from moderators and admins than what I saw in PUF.
joeyluck wrote:didn't start using the PUF until Record came about and wasn't really active in that forum until Reason 6 I believe. I was told at that time by other users that the golden days of the PUF had passed. Those last years I was there were the ones I was referring to as the last handful. There were bad vibes and little to no moderation.
"the golden days of the PUF had passed"... it's like I'm hearing about the the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire...
there I ago again with the references... ;)

But I'd say the reference applies: in the end, PUF was as if the barbarians had invaded... in here we have a nice Pax Romana... which makes Reasontalk something like the Bizantine Empire... let's hope the Ottomans don't invade! ;)

sublunar

18 May 2017

I was never on the PUF but I was surprised to learn the company was brave enough to host their own forum. Not surprised it was killed off.

If this is your first experience with a forum going away, which some people's comments seem to indicate, then consider yourself lucky! I've known and contributed to many a good forum over the years only to see them one by one die off because everyone is too lazy to not use facebook groups instead.

I DESPISE facebook. Information is buried and forgotten as soon as new posts are created. If you have no attention span or don't care to search for previously posted information rather than continuously spam identical comments/requests on the same topics that everyone seems to post daily like clockwork, then facebook is for you.

Having only fairly recently really started diving in deep and doing serious work in Reason, I was glad to find this forum and have already learned from it and have enjoyed it so far. Hopefully the influx of VST converts will not overwhelm/dilute the quality information already found on this forum.

pedrocaetanos

18 May 2017

sublunar wrote:I DESPISE facebook. Information is buried and forgotten as soon as new posts are created. If you have no attention span or don't care to search for previously posted information rather than continuously spam identical comments/requests on the same topics that everyone seems to post daily like clockwork, then facebook is for you.
I'm inclined to agree with you word by word, yet somehow 20% of humanity already has a facebook account... me included, but mostly it's there to collect digital webcobs...

pedrocaetanos

18 May 2017

sublunar wrote:Having only fairly recently really started diving in deep and doing serious work in Reason, I was glad to find this forum and have already learned from it and have enjoyed it so far. Hopefully the influx of VST converts will not overwhelm/dilute the quality information already found on this forum.
Good point. That's a risk. KVR has a terrible reputation... let's trust in our good moderators :)

miscend

28 Jan 2021

arnigretar

28 Jan 2021

miscend wrote:
28 Jan 2021
Here is a working archive link

http://web.archive.org/web/201501171045 ... y.php?f=36
Wow...memories
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

syncanonymous

29 Jan 2021

miscend wrote:
28 Jan 2021

Wow! ...is it searchable? I can look back at just how daft I was, hoo rah
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

miscend

29 Jan 2021

syncanonymous wrote:
29 Jan 2021
miscend wrote:
28 Jan 2021

Wow! ...is it searchable? I can look back at just how daft I was, hoo rah
Nope, no search. And you can only read the public forums.

syncanonymous

29 Jan 2021

right, 520 some odd posts going back to 2014...
searches returned errors for me

I was posting more than 10 years before that! anyone remember the old orange forum?

• Information