Is it me or....

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Rickyd Dee

01 Jul 2016

Is it me or......every time I now sit with reason 9, I write a new song! Ya gotta love it. :puf_bigsmile:
Reason 9 / :PUF_balance: / :re: / :refill:

boobytrap

01 Jul 2016

Rickyd Dee wrote:Is it me or......every time I now sit with reason 9, I write a new song! Ya gotta love it. :puf_bigsmile:
Another Commercial!
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Rickyd Dee

01 Jul 2016

boobytrap wrote:
Rickyd Dee wrote:Is it me or......every time I now sit with reason 9, I write a new song! Ya gotta love it. :puf_bigsmile:
Another Commercial!
Not hardly..just fact.

tibah

01 Jul 2016

boobytrap wrote:Another Commercial!
Another depreciation!

Last Alternative

01 Jul 2016

To tell you the truth I haven't gotten into the players yet. Not sure why. Most likely because I'm working on my album and the songs are already written; just doing final guitar/bass/vocal takes and getting all the music just right. Maybe I'll get into the players later on.
But boy do I love Reason 9!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

eusti

01 Jul 2016

Last Alternative wrote:To tell you the truth I haven't gotten into the players yet. Not sure why. Most likely because I'm working on my album and the songs are already written; just doing final guitar/bass/vocal takes and getting all the music just right. Maybe I'll get into the players later on.
But boy do I love Reason 9!
Looking forward to the end product! :)

D.

PS: I'm glad you're not getting distracted by the new toys! ;)

fieldframe
RE Developer

02 Jul 2016

My folder of eight-bar loops waiting to be made into songs has doubled in size since I got R9. I should probably dive into some of those this weekend, but I know I'm just going to make more beats instead. :)

boobytrap

02 Jul 2016

well actually the device that based on your topic is a simple TOY for grade 6 kids. contains only major and minor chords. song writing is more than that. here's the idea - http://www.smithfowler.org/music/Chord_Formulas.htm

don't overcook !
OC.png
OC.png (238.83 KiB) Viewed 2486 times

GRIFTY

02 Jul 2016

This has been happening to me too.... Been way more productive for some reason (9). But we'll see how long it lasts. The players are a blast for now

Rickyd Dee

02 Jul 2016

Rene Disco wrote:I'm jealous!
You'll get there Rene. :puf_smile:

Rickyd Dee

02 Jul 2016

fieldframe wrote:My folder of eight-bar loops waiting to be made into songs has doubled in size since I got R9. I should probably dive into some of those this weekend, but I know I'm just going to make more beats instead. :)
Yep..lol same here :puf_bigsmile:

Rickyd Dee

02 Jul 2016

boobytrap wrote:well actually the device that based on your topic is a simple TOY for grade 6 kids. contains only major and minor chords. song writing is more than that. here's the idea - http://www.smithfowler.org/music/Chord_Formulas.htm

don't overcook !
OC.png
Does it hurt that bad to say something positive about Reason 9 BT ????? or simply not respond to these type of post that are with people that enjoy Reason 9.

Rickyd Dee

02 Jul 2016

GRIFTY wrote:This has been happening to me too.... Been way more productive for some reason (9). But we'll see how long it lasts. The players are a blast for now
Awesome, let's hit while were hot. lol :puf_bigsmile:

boobytrap

02 Jul 2016

Rickyd Dee wrote:
boobytrap wrote:well actually the device that based on your topic is a simple TOY for grade 6 kids. contains only major and minor chords. song writing is more than that. here's the idea - http://www.smithfowler.org/music/Chord_Formulas.htm

don't overcook !
OC.png
Does it hurt that bad to say something positive about Reason 9 BT ????? or simply not respond to these type of post that are with people that enjoy Reason 9.
would I ? looks like someone hurt already
chord player is very limited, any way you can't do any bigger something like orchestral or epic work with that. I expect in r9 improvised piano roll with chord function like Cubase or fl. but this is really for beginners. even auto theory RE can play suspended chords.

Rickyd Dee

02 Jul 2016

boobytrap wrote:
Rickyd Dee wrote:

don't overcook !
OC.png
chord player is very limited, any way you can't do any bigger something like orchestral or epic work with that. I expect in r9 improvised piano roll with chord function like Cubase or fl. but this is really for beginners. even auto theory RE can play suspended chords.
No, I'm not hurt son. Just calling you out on you weakness. Your right, I am a beginner as far as chords but this R9 is perfect for me to learn. But guess what, your a beginner with people skills. look at that, we both have something to learn. :puf_wink:

boobytrap

02 Jul 2016

Rickyd Dee wrote:
boobytrap wrote:
Rickyd Dee wrote:

don't overcook !
OC.png
No, I'm not hurt son. Just calling you out on you weakness. Your right, I am a beginner as far as chords but this R9 is perfect for me to learn. But guess what, your a beginner with people skills. look at that, we both have something to learn. :puf_wink:
well then here's your chance to learn and enjoy ! so far my weakness is talking about this weak upgrade. try to push PH for make really something better that everyone can enjoy. I also like to Reason is a Top DAW someday. but i'll aware of it now. thanks for making my point..

p.s. maybe I'm a beginner but I don't wanna be a beginner.

GRIFTY

02 Jul 2016

The chord player is more than enough dude. Five notes possible, "color" switch which adds a note, open chords, and five inversions possible. That's a crap load of chord possibilities. Not to mention ten or so scales to choose from. No offense but suspended and augmented chords aren't that important.

The players especially come alive when you stack and combine them

WongoTheSane

02 Jul 2016

boobytrap wrote:
Rickyd Dee wrote:

don't overcook !
OC.png
Where on earth did this idea that the Players are made to help non-musicians create "professional" progressions come from? You're the guy who said "That's not real music, they're just pushing buttons!" in the seventies upon hearing Kraftwerk and Jean-Michel Jarre... "Electric Guitars are not proper instruments", "Who needs frets anyway, basses don't have them", "Saxophones will never replace proper brass", "Pianos are for wusses, clavinets are the real thing", "what's with that guy playing the flute, isn't banging on bones enough for him?"...

By not seeing what a new tool can bring you, whatever your level is, you just look like an old one :lol:

boobytrap

02 Jul 2016

WongoTheSane wrote: By not seeing what a new tool can bring you, whatever your level is, you just look like an old one :lol:
I am a beginner ! that's why I don't like players. because they are designed for beginners. I'm looking something advance kind of thing. so I can move my skills one step forward.

I have to say one thing about that chord player. it's like a champagne bottle(metaphor). when I try my beta I also have a good time with it. I made many chord progressions but after few hours I realize they are very common, very simple and everyday chords. that's only limited fun.

if I addict to that player that's the end of my music. because it can make me lazy, limit my skills. if someone say I can learn something of music theory by Chord & Scale Player, he is a real Dumb Ass....

Electric-Metal

02 Jul 2016

boobytrap wrote:I am a beginner ! that's why I don't like players. because they are designed for beginners.
Sorry, but this doesn't make sense at all, IMO :?:

boobytrap wrote:...if someone say I can learn something of music theory by Chord & Scale Player, he is a real Dumb Ass....
Ok, so I'm the worlds biggest Dumb ass. ;)
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

boobytrap

02 Jul 2016

Electric-Metal wrote: Sorry, but this doesn't make sense at all, IMO :?:
Its the most awesome chord player ever

Ok, so I'm the worlds biggest Dumb ass. ;)
Congratulations

Electric-Metal

02 Jul 2016

Sarcasm doesn't bring this discussion any further. ;)
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

WongoTheSane

02 Jul 2016

boobytrap wrote:
WongoTheSane wrote: By not seeing what a new tool can bring you, whatever your level is, you just look like an old one :lol:
I am a beginner ! that's why I don't like players. because they are designed for beginners. I'm looking something advance kind of thing. so I can move my skills one step forward.

I have to say one thing about that chord player. it's like a champagne bottle(metaphor). when I try my beta I also have a good time with it. I made many chord progressions but after few hours I realize they are very common, very simple and everyday chords. that's only limited fun.

if I addict to that player that's the end of my music. because it can make me lazy, limit my skills. if someone say I can learn something of music theory by Chord & Scale Player, he is a real Dumb Ass....
But they are not designed for beginners! They're just tools, only a beginner will use them to play I-V-I. I haven't used them for chord progressions at all, I've only used them to coerce random generated notes into a scale. Matrix + S&C = best acid basses ever. Try feeding a midi drum pattern through them, and change the scale in real time: it yields incredible variations, which I find fantastically helpful because I suck at drums. Republik Handheld + S&C = best rythmic engine ever. Don't stick to the obvious and maybe you'll start seeing them as more than a simple chord player, which they're not!

GRIFTY

02 Jul 2016

frankly, if you DONT learn anything about theory using the chord player, i kind of doubt your intelligence.

it's capable of just about any chord in the book, with the exception of sus and aug chords, which aren't really that useful tbh.

and as a matter of fact i just realized it DOES play augmented chords by holding the "alter" button.

sus chords are the only thing left out afaict which are fairly useless.

from my count, just working with a C chord in the major scale, JUST A C CHORD, i can come up with something like 5000 different variations. (holy shit. i didn't even think it was that crazy.... somebody is free to correct me. in my math i under-compensated because i kept being blown away by the numbers i was getting. so the number might be a bit north of 5000.)

SO. you were saying something about it being a child's toy right?

• Information