Is it me or....

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jfrichards

02 Jul 2016

boobytrap wrote:...I made many chord progressions but after few hours I realize they are very common, very simple and everyday chords...if someone say I can learn something of music theory by Chord & Scale Player, he is a real Dumb Ass....
This idea shows me that you have barely begun to learn about the Players and that you have given up on the hard work to learn about them. It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. "I tried a few simplistic things" turns into "These things are too simplistic". Hopefully, you can get past your "premature evaluation" and learn the vast complexities possible. You claim to be looking for something advanced. Maybe you are looking for a shortcut that makes you look more advanced than you are? Nothing wrong with that, and numerous computerizations can help, but you're going to look ignorant when the complex Player-integrated songs come out, already started in the Reason9 patches. As one example, set up a piano with the echo on 16th notes with 7 fading repeats and +2 pitch, right before a scale/chord player set on Spanish mode, 3 notes, open chord. Play a simple one-note melody. The resultant sounds can rival McCoy Tyner on his good days. If you can't learn any music theory from that, I'll come to your concert for sure.
https://allihoopa.com/s/bKKDb1uS

Rickyd Dee

02 Jul 2016

Electric-Metal wrote:
boobytrap wrote:I am a beginner ! that's why I don't like players. because they are designed for beginners.
Sorry, but this doesn't make sense at all, IMO :?:

boobytrap wrote:...if someone say I can learn something of music theory by Chord & Scale Player, he is a real Dumb Ass....
Ok, so I'm the worlds biggest Dumb ass. ;)

I'm done with this guy.(BT) He hasn't made since from the gate.
Reason 9 / :PUF_balance: / :re: / :refill:

boobytrap

02 Jul 2016

Rickyd Dee wrote: I'm done with this guy.(BT) He hasn't made since from the gate.
sure Cochise ! me too.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

jfrichards

02 Jul 2016

By the way, is this the sus chord you're looking for? And you don't even need the Scale/Chord dude.
Attachments
sus chord.png
sus chord.png (355.99 KiB) Viewed 2281 times

FlowerSoldier

02 Jul 2016

Booby Trap is the biggest Troll on the forum. Don't feed him. He should go pollute whatever DAW forum he actually likes.

8cros

02 Jul 2016

FlowerSoldier wrote:Booby Trap is the biggest Troll on the forum. Don't feed him. He should go pollute whatever DAW forum he actually likes.
I supported the three posts boobytrap and feel exactly the same way: beginners need more complex devices.
Simple devices are not necessary for beginners, they are necessary for mass production of the same type music.IMHO :redface:
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

GRIFTY

02 Jul 2016

The chord player is actually advanced AF tho. It makes advanced theory simple

8cros

02 Jul 2016

GRIFTY wrote:The chord player is actually advanced AF tho. It makes advanced theory simple
it's interesting, I always think about it :thumbs_up:
REASON RESONANCES

satyr32

02 Jul 2016

I think AutoArp is more advanced than the player device, horrible UI though. I like that it has about 70 scales. These obscure scales inspire my creativity, e.g. Japanese Iwato, Arabic or Insen. And you can change settings (inversion, sus, aug, ...) for each chord in a scale seperatly. But with the player device you can easily and fast come up with something and has its justification.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

FlowerSoldier

02 Jul 2016

Before Reason came out, I was a kid who wanted to make music, but didn't have the tools - I was using Cakewalk. Reason made it possible for a kid like me (who didn't really play any instruments) to make music. When Orkester came out, it changed muh life. I think the Players are the next step on the evolutionary ladder.
Reason is and isn't my primary DAW. I make all my beats in Reason. Solo/export the busses. Load them in to Live9 and perform my own samples with a Launchpad. I can't do that with Reason, but I couldn't do it without it either.
Hating on Reason is like hating on a shovel because it won't chop wood. :)

fieldframe
RE Developer

03 Jul 2016

Ha, I used Cakewalk before I got into Reason, too! I'd been using a Roland XV-5080 in college and Reason was my way of filling the void left by not having hardware anymore.

boobytrap

04 Jul 2016

FlowerSoldier wrote:Booby Trap is the biggest Troll on the forum. Don't feed him. He should go pollute whatever DAW forum he actually likes.
that's interesting ! Troll is a matter of perspective. it's nice to hear that I'm biggest for something. thanks :thumbs_up:

FlowerSoldier

04 Jul 2016

boobytrap wrote:
that's interesting ! Troll is a matter of perspective. it's nice to hear that I'm biggest for something. thanks :thumbs_up:
Sorry Booby Trap I was drunk when I wrote that. Everyone has an opinion and you should feel free to exercise yours. It's trippy how everyone uses Reason differently. I introduced my buddy to Reason and when he uses it, it's like a completely different program. For me Reason is the best for Some Things but certainly not Everything.

boobytrap

04 Jul 2016

FlowerSoldier wrote:
boobytrap wrote:
Sorry Booby Trap I was drunk when I wrote that. Everyone has an opinion and you should feel free to exercise yours. It's trippy how everyone uses Reason differently. I introduced my buddy to Reason and when he uses it, it's like a completely different program. For me Reason is the best for Some Things but certainly not Everything.
It's okay bro. Forget it. That's happen to me too when I get depressed. :thumbs_up:

Dante

04 Jul 2016

GRIFTY wrote:sus chords are the only thing left out afaict which are fairly useless.
Really ? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the sus chord that makes The Who's Pinball Wizard progression what it is (distinctive) ?

Dabbler

04 Jul 2016

GRIFTY wrote:frankly, if you DONT learn anything about theory using the chord player, i kind of doubt your intelligence.

it's capable of just about any chord in the book, with the exception of sus and aug chords, which aren't really that useful tbh.

and as a matter of fact i just realized it DOES play augmented chords by holding the "alter" button.

sus chords are the only thing left out afaict which are fairly useless.

from my count, just working with a C chord in the major scale, JUST A C CHORD, i can come up with something like 5000 different variations. (holy shit. i didn't even think it was that crazy.... somebody is free to correct me. in my math i under-compensated because i kept being blown away by the numbers i was getting. so the number might be a bit north of 5000.)

SO. you were saying something about it being a child's toy right?
Can you tell me why the ALTER button is not being recorded? I want to change Em to Emaj but I can not figure out how to make pressing the ALTER button stick.
Thanks
//Edit - got it - nevermind
Last edited by Dabbler on 04 Jul 2016, edited 1 time in total.

04 Jul 2016

boobytrap wrote:I am a beginner ! that's why I don't like players. because they are designed for beginners. I'm looking something advance kind of thing. so I can move my skills one step forward.
What you are looking for is a piano. 88 keys - endless possibilities. No DAW, no players, no undo - just live in the moment and play. :thumbs_up:

8cros

04 Jul 2016

5000 variations, 88 keys, endless combinations. Let's remove all unnecessary.
We will remain 7 notes: two of them are the root and fifth, one - third;
there are free: the second and fourth sixth and seventh stages. :mrgreen:
REASON RESONANCES

aisling

04 Jul 2016

GRIFTY wrote:No offense but suspended and augmented chords aren't that important.
:shock:

Juan Rosa

05 Jul 2016

I really miss the line 6 WahWah i think that Propellerhead own us a real and dedicated WahWah emulation. :ugeek:

gak

05 Jul 2016

Rickyd Dee wrote:
boobytrap wrote:
Rickyd Dee wrote:Is it me or......every time I now sit with reason 9, I write a new song! Ya gotta love it. :puf_bigsmile:
Another Commercial!
Not hardly..just fact.
I believe you. When I first got reason (well, that was 8) I wrote all the time.

Now I'm just a bitter old man that has joined that fat guy who makes the really bad/self-serving mockumentaries in raging on reason 9!

Seriously though, glad you are inspired!

gak

05 Jul 2016

Juan Rosa wrote:I really miss the line 6 WahWah i think that Propellerhead own us a real and dedicated WahWah emulation. :ugeek:
They owe us more than that :x

jfrichards

05 Jul 2016

Juan Rosa wrote:I really miss the line 6 WahWah i think that Propellerhead owe us a real and dedicated WahWah emulation. :ugeek:
That's true, but for now, there is a good one in R9 in Rack Extensions > Softube Amp > Effect Patches > Filter-Amp Wah 3.cmb
Here it is on a guitar and a synth:

https://allihoopa.com/s/IK80UXUY

jfrichards

05 Jul 2016

gak wrote:...I'm just a bitter old man...raging on reason 9!...
So true.

8cros

05 Jul 2016

The main problem with the chords that I always play with custom scales.
I put 3 notes chord. It is important for my time signatures 3/16.
But often at the output of the two notes. There is not always sus triad.
I feel like watching me tovarisch Stalin and propaganda agents shut down notes from the cosmic ether. :|

This CIA secret of free energy technology. :mrgreen:
REASON RESONANCES

• Information